Stay safe eastcoast .net people

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
That nasty hurricane is coming your way. Evacuate if you are in its path, you can also replace property, but we can't replace you though. Stay safe and check in here.

A

Anonymous

An entire legion of Centerpoint Energy trucks filled with equipment and crew members left here this morning to assist in getting your power back up. I am also aware that several firefighters and medics are also en route to assist in aid for those in need.

Hunker down, stay safe.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Checking in. Orlando, FL. Thanks for thinking of us here. Folks from the coast evacuate inland to places like Orlando. Some from here have taken off for even safer places.

News today said Orange county could experience sustained 100 mph winds. The advice is always that hurricanes are unpredictable so prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Complacency isn't in anyone's best interest.

I helped others last night and prepared today.

This isn't anything close to the worst storm of my life, which began earlier this year. I can't even begin to go into all that. But, life sucks right now. I'm not posting much these days, but it helps keep me sane to visit .net

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!! Moved to Ft. Lauderdale about a year ago for work. Nice welcome present from Mother Nature. The storms about due East of us right now and, knock on wood, it hasn't been too bad yet. Still, glad we put up all the hurricane shutters. I'm hoping everyone up north of West Palm Beach and Jacksonville are as fortunate. Thanks again for all the support!

Go Hawks!

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'm just hearing that this storm has been upgraded.

Back up to cat 4.
140 mph wind speed. Gusts may be higher.
Orlando is in the center of forecasted area.

I've worked several big storms over the years.

Take my advice FWIW, if you are in the projected path of Mathew, Get the Hell out of his way. You may win, you may not, the gamble isn't worth it.

There is plenty of time to get someplace safe. Zero reason for anyone in the US to die in this storm.

I can almost guarantee that some will, please don't let it be you if you are reading this.

Edit: if you aren't thinking of your own life, please consider the lives of those that will be responsible for helping you, if you put yourself in harms way.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
If the storm surge is as high as what some forecasts are predicting, then large swaths of that coast are about to resemble Haiti. For months.