Weather Forecast for Sunday....

2_0_6

Reaction score
I know its a bit early but......

70% chance of rain
High of 58 degrees
Winds gusting to 15mph

High flying DOME TEAM, playing out west 2600+ miles from home, in nasty weather in front a bunch of juiced up fans and a healthier Russ.

Yessir.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Not sure how much this is a factor but the Falcons are already here and going to practice in Bellevue all week.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Hate to break it to you bud. But Russell Wilson plays like crap in the rain. Go back and check out his worst games at home. All of them are in the rain.

2013 VS Cards: lose 10-17 after forcing 4 Carson Palmer interceptions. They could not move the ball at all. Wilson 11/27 108 1 TD 1 INT

2014 VS Saints: They squeak by the Saints. That game had crazy weather windy, sunny, rainy. Wilson was just 9/18 103 yards 0TD 0INT

2014 VS Oakland: This was a horrible Raiders team the Hawks won 30-24. Wilson 17/35 179 0TD 0INT

2015 VS Green Bay: We all know about this one Wilson played like pure trash. If the Packers had not made some mental blunders they would have won. Wilson 14/29 209 1TD 4INT

So yeah I would not be excited about bad weather.

12thbrah

Reaction score
That weather calls for a heavy dose of Christine Michael

Jerhawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":1fwfky0s said:
Hate to break it to you bud. But Russell Wilson plays like crap in the rain. Go back and check out his worst games at home. All of them are in the rain.

2013 VS Cards: lose 10-17 after forcing 4 Carson Palmer interceptions. They could not move the ball at all. Wilson 11/27 108 1 TD 1 INT

2014 VS Saints: They squeak by the Saints. That game had crazy weather windy, sunny, rainy. Wilson was just 9/18 103 yards 0TD 0INT

2014 VS Oakland: This was a horrible Raiders team the Hawks won 30-24. Wilson 17/35 179 0TD 0INT

2015 VS Green Bay: We all know about this one Wilson played like pure trash. If the Packers had not made some mental blunders they would have won. Wilson 14/29 209 1TD 4INT

So yeah I would not be excited about bad weather.

Was about to post this, but you beat me to it.

Rain games are typically hard to throw in anyways, but it seems to effect wilson more, regardless of his hand size.

If it comes down to a running game, the Falcons have the advantage and it's not even close. Devonte Freeman and Coleman are much better than Michael

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
Falcons have the better RB duo, but the Hawks have the better run defense.

Not really an advantage either way IMO

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":v61yt7im said:

This.

If those Falcon RB's don't scare you, you're not paying attention. Best RB tandem in the NFL right now, and with a QB like Ryan and WR core with Jones? That's one scary as hell offense.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I don't think ive noticed any trend of RW not being able to play in the rain. Im sure if we look back we can point to games where it was nasty out and he played just fine?

Wasn't there a prime time Saints game a few years ago that had nasty weather? The first blowout of the niners when we announced our presence at the start of the run? The Saints playoff game?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":9vul2maq said:
Hawk_Nation":9vul2maq said:

This.

If those Falcon RB's don't scare you, you're not paying attention. Best RB tandem in the NFL right now, and with a QB like Ryan and WR core with Jones? That's one scary as hell offense.

True, but we've been there done that with great offenses. How many times have the Saints shown up here with great offenses lead by Brees? Same with the Packers, Broncos in the SB. Our D will be just fine.

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
That really sux. I remember maybe one bad weather home game where RW played well. This is not good news for the hawks :shock:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Um, he played college ball in crap weather. Not worried about him one bit. A bunch of rain and wind can only help the Hawks, especially against a fast team w/weapons like that. I'm more interested in seeing how we do against the backs getting screen passes, that has been something that can be successful against the Hawks D. That all being said, it's not as if the Hawks running game has been money this year. Should be a great game, but weather will not be a factor in how Russ plays.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I wish everyone would quit being so scared. It's annoying. :stirthepot:

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3hw1x6ak said:
Hawk_Nation":3hw1x6ak said:

This.

i'd agree, but I'd also venture to say that our run defense is leagues better than theirs. This is a game that our OL needs to establish the run.

sdog1981

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":rnnwlwvu said:
Um, he played college ball in crap weather. Not worried about him one bit. A bunch of rain and wind can only help the Hawks, especially against a fast team w/weapons like that. I'm more interested in seeing how we do against the backs getting screen passes, that has been something that can be successful against the Hawks D. That all being said, it's not as if the Hawks running game has been money this year. Should be a great game, but weather will not be a factor in how Russ plays.

Any numbers to back up your statement?

sdog1981

Reaction score
gowazzu02":x5643c3e said:
I don't think ive noticed any trend of RW not being able to play in the rain. Im sure if we look back we can point to games where it was nasty out and he played just fine?

Wasn't there a prime time Saints game a few years ago that had nasty weather? The first blowout of the niners when we announced our presence at the start of the run? The Saints playoff game?

The January 2014 game was the playoff game aginst the Saints. The 2013 game that was a blowout on Monday night was a regular cloudy day.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":83dtzwjz said:
So how is Matt Ryan in the rain?

He plays in a dome and plays in the South. He almost never plays in bad weather, going back over the game logs when the team was good. He played in poor weather conditions like 3 times total and his numbers are very close to his regular averages.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
sdog1981":sin0oxmr said:
Hawk_Nation":sin0oxmr said:
So how is Matt Ryan in the rain?

He plays in a dome and plays in the South. He almost never plays in bad weather, going back over the game logs when the team was good. He played in poor weather conditions like 3 times total and his numbers are very close to his regular averages.

So now large sample size?

Got it, I will still take Russ.

hawker84

Reaction score
Sloppy weather game hopefully means it'll come down to defenses since points could be tough to come by in less than optimal playing conditions. If this is the case, i'll take our sloppy weather defense against anybody's right now.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't need numbers to back up anything. If you think the weather will affect how he plays, that's YOUR opinion. He will be just fine on Sunday. This is OUR house, and they're not gonna' let Ryan just throw it around the field like he does against other teams. Unlike many people who STILL don't get it, Russ is one of the best QB's in football, period.