Nick Vannett should make his debut Sunday

Largent80

Reaction score
Ack, Clark with a hammy? It would be nice to get Reed back this week.

As for Vannett, this is great for the team and him.

Prosise fully practiced as well.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I was just wondering about this when I woke up this morning. Good news.

McGruff

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1hmy27h0 said:
Luke Willssson will likely be out of a job here soon.

Not until the end of the season at the earliest. And I could see him getting a modest extension. I doubt there is much demand on the market for him, and his versatility adds to his value for us.

Seafan

Reaction score
McGruff":2yehd645 said:
Cyrus12":2yehd645 said:
Luke Willssson will likely be out of a job here soon.

Not until the end of the season at the earliest. And I could see him getting a modest extension. I doubt there is much demand on the market for him, and his versatility adds to his value for us.

Luke will get paid and so will Christine.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I love Luke, but unfortunately I think with Jimmy and Vannett he becomes the odd man out.

I really hope he plays great the rest of the season and lands a good deal somewhere. He's an overall good dude.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":aejac3ak said:
I love Luke, but unfortunately I think with Jimmy and Vannett he becomes the odd man out.

I really hope he plays great the rest of the season and lands a good deal somewhere. He's an overall good dude.

I like the possibility of Luke and Nick in to block if needed during a game. Is there an empty backfield 2 TE set? Nick and Luke helping block with Lockett, Baldwin and Graham out wide...that would be sick.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Why is there an assumption that we'll only keep 2 TEs on the roster, and now especially with the FB position vacant? They have different skillsets, don't they.

2_0_6

Reaction score
OkieHawk":12uoumof said:
Hawk_Nation":12uoumof said:

I like the possibility of Luke and Nick in to block if needed during a game. Is there an empty backfield 2 TE set? Nick and Luke helping block with Lockett, Baldwin and Graham out wide...that would be sick.

Oh I agree, but it all comes down to money. I think he is going to get a nice deal somewehre

IndyHawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":319zcnt5 said:
I don't get all the Luke hate. Dude plays hard every snap he's in.
I don't either the guy has been decent.I said this another post but what if we pulled off a 3 TE set..Graham would be in a wide spot of course but can you imagine this in the RZ?

bighawk

Reaction score
If Vannett shows any of the skills he showed in camp then Willson won't be back.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Curious to see what he can offer. Should definitely help in the running game.

Davidess

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1vt8w96p said:
OkieHawk":1vt8w96p said:
I don't get all the Luke hate. Dude plays hard every snap he's in.
I don't either the guy has been decent.I said this another post but what if we pulled off a 3 TE set..Graham would be in a wide spot of course but can you imagine this in the RZ?

HA! Jimmy Graham used in the RZ? that's silly talk right there. :)

Also I think Willsons replacement was drafted this last year (Vannett) and depending on how much interest Willson gets, he could be back. maybe sign him to a 2 or 3 year deal for around 3-4mil per.

I think with this years RB draft class the hawks may let Cmike go depending how much he demands. remember hawks look for value and if Cmike (for whatever reason) demands a lot, Id think theyd go for the draft as apposed to signing Cmike. I like Cmike but the RB class this coming year is soo deep and talented.