Shermans Sideline Outburst

hawkpride

Reaction score
Early reports say it was due to the safety play, anyone know any specific info?

Seafan

Reaction score
He plays the worst game of his life and then acts like an ass. He needs to grow up.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Youd like to think that they are mentally tough enough to work through things like that, but our D turned to mush immediately after his tyrade. Cant blame the DC for that.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I know people love to think that McCray can play like Kam, but I don't think that's true.

Great game by Earl who looks like his old Pro-Bowl/All-Pro self.

Surprised Sherman to see so out-of-sorts after that first TD.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with big time emotion. It's football.

see how the D ended up rallying around him.

I thought it was awesome.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm not gona pull any punches, that was some mental midget shit going on there for a while. What makes it worse is doing it during a game, then blowing coverage on the following drive.

He played great in the first half and then disappeared in the second, he was fortunate that last play didn't draw a penalty.

Earl played fantastic, good to see him back.

Team needs to figure out there schemes and know what they are running before the play. I feel like this shouldn't be a problem?

tdzyph

Reaction score
The third quarter was the worst defense we've played in 4-5 years. Bar none. Sherman's outburst put himself and most of the secondary on tilt. That needs to stop.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Seafan":8hyt2mlq said:
He plays the worst game of his life and then acts like an ass. He needs to grow up.
Please... give the man the benefit of the doubt.

He deserves it.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
That is the one problem with the way we have built our team. When all the pieces are there everyone is in sync. Works great. Take a piece away and it unbalances everything. Players get confused and don't rely on each other as much. Mental breakdowns like we had here today.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1me1x5mq said:
Seafan":1me1x5mq said:
Please... give the man the benefit of the doubt.

He deserves it.

You're exactly right....another player misses his assignment, Sherman has a right to be pissed...D-Coach took the blame for the miscommunication, & blown coverage.

As far as the last play where JJ couldn't haul it in...Sherman had as much right to go after the ball as the Receiver, it just so happened that the GREAT Julio Jones was in the front, and SHOULD have caught it.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
Sherm got his ass beat all day. Luckily Earl was able to cover-up for him a couple times.

His antics on the sideline were absolute bullshit

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Richard Sherman on screaming at Seahawks sideline: "Kelcie hasn't been in the defense long & we tried to make an adjustment. Miscommunication"

He was referring to an audibled 'call within a call.'

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":3m5hjlc4 said:
That is the one problem with the way we have built our team. When all the pieces are there everyone is in sync. Works great. Take a piece away and it unbalances everything. Players get confused and don't rely on each other as much. Mental breakdowns like we had here today.

The same could be said about every team.

Sherman played a bad game, but Cmon folks. He's going against Julio Jones, and Brandon Marshall last game. We're lucky to have a corner who doesn't get torched all the time. He hold his own

Hawks46

Reaction score
In his presser, Sherman said it was a newer install and it was miscommunication on the field.

He said he was upset about it because they'd worked on it and talked about it, but didn't execute it correctly. I honestly think he's pissed because it was a mistake by the defense and not just getting beat by the offense. He even said the catch by Sanu was a good play, but it sucked to give up "two bogus TD's".

We're all rah rah and pull for our defense to lead the league in points allowed. These guys have pride and get pissed when they get scored on. You either don't care if they lead the league in points allowed, or you don't care that they get pissed when they don't play well. You can't have it both ways. The pride to push yourself to not accept "good enough" or even "good" but strive for elite is what makes these guys passionate.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
It doesn’t help that Sherman had a tough time guarding Jones throughout the game. Sherman was also upset that he wasn’t in charge of marking Jones more often. He blew up at defensive coordinator Kris Richard after Jones was allowed to line up inside of Sherman and torch the Seahawks’ secondary for a 79-yard touchdown.

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/10/16/1330 ... ulio-jones

RussB

Reaction score
He missed the call twice, he was probably just heated yelling at guys for not telling him loud enough or something. I dont think he meant anything by it he was just heated after some mistakes.

I remember in some interview earl had a while back he said that its so loud that sometimes they cant even hear each other and thats probably exactly what happened, i like that sherman actually showed hes not happy other than not giving a damn at all.

Polk738

Reaction score
I look at it this way, it was more the exception than the norm, if it truly was a problem the secondary would've been getting torched all game instead of just for one quarter-Atlanta was the number 1 offense coming into this game and they truly showed it today. Even the best corners in this league will give up a few big plays, even Patrick Petersen gave up like 190 yards to Julio Jones at one time.

As soon as I heard that Kam would be out I knew it would be rough for the secondary, because I thought back to last season an those first few games. Yes Sherm screwed up and we gave up some plays but in the end the defense came through with that interception and we won the game. Remember this is the team that just put Denver down last weekend the so called "best defense in the league" so for the Seahawks to win is a huge statement to the rest of the league.