Is It Safe To Say PRich Is A Bust?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Five games into the season and he has 5 catches for 73 yards. He is only on the field for about 10-15% of the snaps. Getting outplayed by Tanner McEvoy. I think the ship has sailed on PRich.

I wonder if he would have been a different player if not for the all the injuries. It's so hard for young players to start their career injured. They just fall behind. I worry the same for Procise.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":6wa4514u said:
Five games into the season and he has 5 catches for 73 yards. He is only on the field for about 10-15% of the snaps. Getting outplayed by Tanner McEvoy. I think the ship has sailed on PRich.

I wonder if he would have been a different player if not for the all the injuries. It's so hard for young players to start their career injured. They just fall behind. I worry the same for Procise.

At this time the answer is yes. By the end of his first contract, I am thinking no. He was a good WR before he got hurt, he could run routes and get himself open.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
To be fair a hobbled QB behind an oline that is shaky (they are playing okay but inconsistently so) isn't helping.

Baldwin is gonna be on the field
Lockett is a playmaker
Kearse is a good blocker in the run game
Graham is now playing like Graham

I'd say Richardson is buried by guys that fit our situation better for now. Once RW is healthy and if the oline can string together some good games enough to earn some trust for deeper routes I'd say he will have his opportunities.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing PRich get more opportunities and give Lockett a bit more time to heal up.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I wouldn't say a bust necessarily but the factors listed above pretty much makes him the odd man out. He has terrific speed and can catch but he's getting lost behind Graham, Baldwin, Lockett and Kearse.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
at 6'6" 230, they bring McEvoy in when they are running, or trying to sell that they are running. Probably the main reason he made the team.

I don't need to tell anyone here that at his size P Rich is not much of a blocker in the run game.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I get nervous watching him play to be honest. I always think he is going to break in half....dude is a twig.
I could see him being successful on a team like Pittsburgh, New England etc. but not us.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1gls30a5 said:
at 6'6" 230, they bring McEvoy in when they are running, or trying to sell that they are running. Probably the main reason he made the team.

I don't need to tell anyone here that at his size P Rich is not much of a blocker in the run game.

You have to wonder if Wilson being injured has been a factor also. So far Wilson and P-Rich don't have much in the area of chemistry and we really haven't been using P-Rich on much other than deep routes. I wonder if under the circumstances Mcevoy's height may create a more visible option.

I don't believe P-Rich is a bust either. Like has been said I just think he is buried behind good depth and possibly circumstance.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Just because a player hasn't caught many passes doesn't mean he's a bust. It can just mean Bevell isn't emphasizing him in the gameplan, or that there are superior receivers on the field, or that (in my opinion) he's got a redundant skill-set.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I understand that he is buried on the depth chart, but isn't that partly on him? He got beat out by other guys. It's that simple. And lets not act like he's getting beat out by perennial pro bowlers. Other than Baldwin, he has had chances to beat out guys like Kearse and Lockett for playing time. While I do think Lockett is our #2 WR in 2WR sets, the fact he can't beat out Kearse may something. And with Lockett banged up, you would think he would have gotten some opportunities the past two games.....

And agreed, he doesn't see the field a lot due to his lack of blocking. And I also agree that he would probably thrive on an offense like Pitt or Arizona.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
As stated above, the other guys on the roster have skills that are just better suited for the team.

Baldwin is a given.

Graham is Graham and coming on. He's not a WR per se but he takes up a spot on the field.

Kearse is probably our best WR in the run game. He's a good blocker. He doesn't put up huge numbers but he has a good rapport with Wilson.

Lockett is a superstar. Plain and simple. He is probably what we saw in Prich as his ceiling.

McEvoy is a big body blocker

P Rich is a big play down field speed guy, and with a hobbled QB and suspect O-line, that isn't our game at the moment.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3a5ixs5n said:
As stated above, the other guys on the roster have skills that are just better suited for the team.

Baldwin is a given.

Graham is Graham and coming on. He's not a WR per se but he takes up a spot on the field.

Kearse is probably our best WR in the run game. He's a good blocker. He doesn't put up huge numbers but he has a good rapport with Wilson.

Lockett is a superstar. Plain and simple. He is probably what we saw in Prich as his ceiling.

McEvoy is a big body blocker

P Rich is a big play down field speed guy, and with a hobbled QB and suspect O-line, that isn't our game at the moment.

Great post. Agreed on all points.

kobebryant

Reaction score
It's kinda odd really.

With 'busts' we tend to think of guys who just aren't good enough or don't care. P Rich is neither, he has a good attitude and looks like a solid NFL WR every time he is targeted.

With Lockett clearly hobbled, I wouldn't be opposed to a little more P Rich with Lockett's load lightened for 3-4 weeks if needed. I believe he is more than capable.

capncrunch

Reaction score
Boy the way NFL receivers get injured I'm very glad to have him as depth. I guess you might hear the word bust where any high draft pick is concerned. No one will ever say Kearse or Baldwin are a bust. I am delighted to see some action with McEvoy though and maybe that doesn't bode well for Richardson. I'd say though that Kearse has more to fear from McEvoy than Richardson does.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I don't think it's fair to say he's been outplayed by McEvoy.

Not to diminish what McEvoy has done, but has he ever caught a pass in which he wasn't left completely uncovered? His invisible cloak play is probably only going to work for so long.

MrThortan

Reaction score
This team is just full of talent and there are a lot of weapons on offense. PRich is still young and has had some injuries. He has had some great plays this season, just not many of them. I don't think he will ever be a star, but he has unique speed and route running that can be utilized when his number is called.

The Breh

Reaction score
PRich could be our secret weapon we're stashing away.
What's his target/reception #'s ?
Russ with time and him and Lockett outsides, whoooo :evil:

Rat

Reaction score
He's not a bust yet, but he has been a disappointment. I don't typically categorize someone as a "bust" until the team seems to give up on them, and I haven't seen that quite yet. He needs to stay healthy though.