Reed

pmedic920

Reaction score
I haven't studied him at all.

The casual eye test, from my view says that we will be fine.
Actually the lil bit I've seen looks very good, I'm optimistic

Aircrew

Reaction score
I was actually thinking the same thing on Sunday. Guy holds his own and I haven't noticed any "rookie mistakes" as of yet. We really played our draft hand well, most had him graded out in the 1st round, so we essentially walked away with two 1st round caliber picks.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Did he get his first NFL sack Sunday?

Was projected as 'just' a run-stopper.

kidhawk

Reaction score
When we let Mebane leave, I wondered what they'd do to try to fill his role, because he's really anchored that position here, so I've paid particular attention to Reed since we got him and I've been impressed with what he's done so far. I could see him being a pro bowler in a few years if he continues

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
kidhawk":1omyy07x said:
When we let Mebane leave, I wondered what they'd do to try to fill his role, because he's really anchored that position here, so I've paid particular attention to Reed since we got him and I've been impressed with what he's done so far. I could see him being a pro bowler in a few years if he continues

That's awesome.
Happy to hear from someone that's focused on his play.
Thanks.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Was a NT voted Team Captain by the team with the nation's strongest defense last year. It's awesome that we got him.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
He's been stellar. And much of the proof of that quality is evidenced by how Bobby Wagner has seemingly 'returned to form'. Since Reed's position is largely the catalyst for keeping Bobby clean to make plays.

Reed has played outstanding. He demands a double team and has shown the consistent ability to blow up run plays whenever a team decides to single block him. He has a lot more slipperiness to his game than Mebane had in the last couple seasons which suit him well in our scheme where the ability to penetrate when afforded the opportunity is of extra importance.

He has much better ability to pursue down the line than Mebane does. But it's hard to make the comparison given the Mebane we've seen recently has been the 30+ year old variety. One has to look at Mebane pre Carroll to get a good basis for comparison. IMO, Reed really looks like Mebane circa 2009/10. Should be a great player for us for some time and should be well worth resigning to his second deal at this rate.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
When a second-round rookie proves to be an instant replacement for a centerpiece like Brandon Mebane, you know you got your money's worth out of that pick. I always thought he got a little too much flak around here for being "just a run-stopper".

two dog

Reaction score
What did we give for him? I know it was multiple lower round draft picks.

Anyway, I feel that it was the coup of the draft. A top 25 player for some
lower round picks that might have been shows J. Schneider still has
the touch.
I debated but chose Joey Hunt to adopt instead of Jarren Reed.
But, hell, who knew Britt was going to morph into the Missouri
version of Superman.