Bless you, Herm Edwards

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Watching ESPN2 and the talking heads are debating the no-call on the Falcons' final play. Of course nobody mentions the hands to the face that nearly knocked Sherm on his ass, but Herm Edwards was positively foaming at the others, vehemently defending the no-call.

I always did like Herm. I like him even more now.

sdog1981

Reaction score
You play to win the game!!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W42iiCcFbxE[/youtube]

HawkGA

Reaction score
The whole "refs let them play" mentality seems to be gone. The league, and ESPN, should realize you lose fans with so much belly aching. I mean, how can it help a league to constantly be talking about its screw ups?

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Herms a DB guy. He knows you should not be chucking the ball up on 4th and 10 to try and convert or hope for a flag.

No one should get rewarded for that kind of strategy.

RiverDog

Reaction score
HawkGA":2k5qzg9q said:
The whole "refs let them play" mentality seems to be gone. The league, and ESPN, should realize you lose fans with so much belly aching. I mean, how can it help a league to constantly be talking about its screw ups?

As I was watching MNF and that penalty fest of a game, I thought about our game with the Falcons and how much more exciting it was...even though I can understand the Falcon's fans being upset...than it would have been if the refs threw 23 frigging flags like they did in the Jets-Cards matchup.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Being at the game, my opinion is that all the tv timeouts take away from the experience.

I cannot even begin to think how unwatchable the game would become if they started reviewing penalties.

drdiags

Reaction score
This is like the "Fail Mary" or "The KJ Wright bone-head play". Seems the Seahawks like giving the talking heads a bone to chew on and for the internet to lose its mind over. Never simple.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
It's just something for the media to talk about.

Do you realize that NFL headlines are rarely about the actual games themselves? Rarely will you see the media braking down actual plays. They'd rather talk about Kapernick taking a knee, OBJ going crazy, Cam being a crybaby, Sherman's PI, etc.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
sammyc521":3t9qegw7 said:
Herms a DB guy. He knows you should not be chucking the ball up on 4th and 10 to try and convert or hope for a flag.

No one should get rewarded for that kind of strategy.

You are correct sir. Exactly my thoughts. Just because you're desperate you shouldn't be rewarded.

Latest posts