Defense pumping up Sherman

seabowl

Reaction score
One of the best moments I ever remember as a Seahawk fan was witnesseing the defense get behind Sherman on the sidelines Sunday to get him out of his negative mindset and pump him up. Having NFL players pick up their brother like this is so uncommon in this day and age. Today it's all about me and not about the team. This is exactly what Pete is all about with camaraderie and what many critics thought would never work in the NFL. Other than winning XLVIII it may have been the proudest moment I've encountered since I became an east coast Hawks fan back in 1984. Really inspiring. If anyone has the gif I'd appreciate if you posted it. Go Hawks.

:2thumbs:

sutz

Reaction score
Certainly a great moment. It had the potential to divide the D for who knows how long. What it may have done was provide one of those moments that you look back on and say, "That moment defined the season."

Great display of team solidarity and mutual support.

stang233

Reaction score
I sure wish someone had the whole thing on camera. He was smashing his helmet in the ground. Jam and him were face to face. I just wish I could see the whole thing up close.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Has it been determined what the hell happened?

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Pride happened. Julio got a free TD, Sherm missed the call. The LOB takes great pride in their craft.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":38m6zfje said:
Pride happened. Julio got a free TD, Sherm missed the call. The LOB takes great pride in their craft.

That is what I was wondering, there were some scattered reports that Snead might have missed it and apparently Sherm, singled him out, but I never felt I go the real scoop. Perhaps it won't really be known for sure.

We do know what happened, though.

drdiags

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1mbk57ru said:
CHawkTailGator":1mbk57ru said:

That is what I was wondering, there were some scattered reports that Snead might have missed it and apparently Sherm, singled him out, but I never felt I go the real scoop. Perhaps it won't really be known for sure.

We do know what happened, though.

I thought it was Kelcie McCray. Pete mentioned his name during the Monday wrap-up with the media. The pass to the TE surely looked like Sherman was wrong but I think he would have admitted it if he was out of position.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I'm guessing that Sherman wanted to man up on Julio and said as much in practice and didn't want complicated zone reads and audibles put into the mix because he thought it would lead to break-downs in coverage during the heat of the moment. When it all went down exactly like he predicted, that set him off.

byau

Reaction score
Boy Howdy said on Brock and Salk if you watch the extended footage you can see Kam tell Sherm "That's on you!" (the missed TD) which instigated much of the fighting and yelling. And looking at some of the footage explanations, seems Sherm was the only one in man. Nice to see the LOB willing to hold each other accountable, even Sherm

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Reaneypark":2hxgbz5d said:
I'm guessing that Sherman wanted to man up on Julio and said as much in practice and didn't want complicated zone reads and audibles put into the mix because he thought it would lead to break-downs in coverage during the heat of the moment. When it all went down exactly like he predicted, that set him off.
That's what I think went down too.
I like the fact he was yelling at Richard, wish someone would yell at the OC when he screws up... I have
to admit I loved beastmode flipping the bird to Bevell when in formation before a play in the Cards game a few years back.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
It's what I saw as well, DB's going into assigned zone coverage and Sherm on a island.

endzorn

Reaction score
I got the third question wrong on an oral quiz in World Religions class in 1997 and the students rallied around me in the exact same way. I feel like that display Sunday amounted to copyright infringement.