This is what I love about Wilson

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Dude is unflappable. Ice water in his veins.... we have seen it over and over.

Take stock in what he is doing. These kinds of players only come around once in a long while.

We are so spoiled to have him.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Russell's on field behavior is a great subject for discussion. Does anyone else besides me notice how he never spikes the ball after scoring a touchdown? He flips the ball to the ref ala Steve Largent. That's why I don't care for all the on field, in game celebrations. The emotional outburst is a distraction and takes your eyes off the prize, which isn't getting a first down or sacking a quarterback. As Herm Edwards said, the object is to win the game. Especially as a quarterback, you can't afford distractions and you must do everything to keep your focus.

Small wonder why my two all time favorite Seahawks to date is Steve Largent and Russell Wilson.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
King Dog":2ks10mig said:
Sorry, there's no time on this vid, but the PAT gets blocked and Boykin gets dramatic while Wilson maintains an even keel and is more like let's get to work.
https://streamable.com/h1y6

Night and day difference in maturity between Wilson and Boykin. Wilson is the consummate professional, always evolving as a player and honing his craft while never losing his composure or eye on the task at hand. True leadership traits.

So much of everything Wilson does is carefully calculated, and the image and perception of himself and his brand is always contemplated by his people-and this is not a bad thing at all. He has learned to know exactly how to handle himself in almost every situation on and off the field.

themunn

Reaction score
Tom Brady gets emotional on the sideline all the time and nobody ever questions his focus.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
lol.. what a blatant misrepresentation of the final play. Nice copy and paste job. That was not the route JJ ran and they completely left out the left hook on Sherms facemask. :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
themunn":2ytfyam3 said:
Tom Brady gets emotional on the sideline all the time and nobody ever questions his focus.

Because he wins.

Look at Cam Newton...........when the Panthers win, Cam's got a "unique" personality and way of leading. When they lose, everyone starts questioning his leadership and mopey way of acting like a spoiled brat.

Same would happen with Brady, if the Pats ever went on a losing streak or had a losing season, I guarantee the Boston press wouldn't be as kind to his outbursts.

themunn

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":11d6pwzv said:
themunn":11d6pwzv said:

Because he wins.

Look at Cam Newton...........when the Panthers win, Cam's got a "unique" personality and way of leading. When they lose, everyone starts questioning his leadership and mopey way of acting like a spoiled brat.

Same would happen with Brady, if the Pats ever went on a losing streak or had a losing season, I guarantee the Boston press wouldn't be as kind to his outbursts.

Yeah I'm sure that would be the case. My point is that those outbursts don't prevent him from winning, getting emotional is only an issue IF it affects your play. But that doesn't necessarily mean it DOES.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
My favorite part of this is we're down by one, Earl gets the pick, Russ just flicks his hat off and puts his helmet on, all in stride, like, "i know here's where we win it." Love it!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Trivia* Both QB's in this game had the same OC, QB coach ,and Head coach
in college.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
brimsalabim":sm7p52i7 said:
Trivia* Both QB's in this game had the same OC, QB coach ,and Head coach
in college.
I thought Palmer was PC's QB at USC?