Richard Sherman talks about that final play against Julio

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
“It’s difficult to recover when you almost fall at the beginning of the play, you get pushed in the face,” Sherman said. “If I pushed a receiver in the face, I can guarantee it would be the highlight of every SportsCenter, every everything, if that was the fourth quarter, the last play, and I pushed him in the face.”

http://q13fox.com/2016/10/19/seattle-se ... lio-jones/

[youtube]gAWa8E2AIvY[/youtube]

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I'm glad he addressed that aspect as the national media has completely overlooked it.

Sherman had a terrible game and a complete meltdown as he lost his composure but he'll be back and ready for Arizona.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Sherm has some added fire in his belly. It would not surprise me if he has a monster game on Sunday night.

sutz

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":3fkizgap said:
I'm glad he addressed that aspect as the national media has completely overlooked it.

Sherman had a couple of bad plays and a complete meltdown as he lost his composure but he'll be back and ready for Arizona.
FIFY ;)

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Hes been pedestrian in the media since becoming a dad. Fire = outburst. Outbursts lead to flexing into prime time. Prime time means I get to cancel the shi++% ass nfl network which should be reneamed to BRP network. Brady, rodgrrs, prescot

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

TwilightError

Reaction score
Apparently NFL Films and Showtime's Inside the NFL edited the last play so that they took Julio Jones starting to run completetly free from the footage of some completely another snap, with no Sherman in sight, and ended it with the "blatant" PI... :D The ridiculousness of this.

exhilo

Reaction score
TwilightError":38zg751w said:
Apparently NFL Films and Showtime's Inside the NFL edited the last play so that they took Julio Jones starting to run completetly free from the footage of some completely another snap, with no Sherman in sight, and ended it with the "blatant" PI... :D The ridiculousness of this.

I noticed the video as well where they spliced footage from another play with the last falcon play and was wondering what the agenda was.

I just look at the video below and I feel better

[youtube]LyjTe6gwZws[/youtube]

Seanhawk

Reaction score
exhilo":2w2kzr8f said:
TwilightError":2w2kzr8f said:

I noticed the video as well where they spliced footage from another play with the last falcon play and was wondering what the agenda was.

I just look at the video below and I feel better

Man oh man, the anonymity of the internet. In my head, I never thought of treefidy as a pre-teen girl.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
TwilightError":3jkq1ur0 said:

I saw it on the Mic'd Up and Inside the NFL versions, but I think it has less to do with what many have been implying here and more that it looks more dramatic with two receivers flying off the line together in a desperate hail-mary play. The press coverage look doesn't make it look like as much of a race.

pmedic920

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":gtl5f847 said:

Sherman had a terrible game and a complete meltdown as he lost his composure but he'll be back and ready for Arizona.

Personally I disagree with the "terrible game" portion of this.

Yes, some points were scored when he was in the area but I'm still not convinced that the "break downs" were is "fault".

pmedic920

Reaction score
bmorepunk":21txco11 said:
I saw it on the Mic'd Up and Inside the NFL versions, but I think it has less to do with what many have been implying here and more that it looks more dramatic with two receivers flying off the line together in a desperate hail-mary play. The press coverage look doesn't make it look like as much of a race.

I think this post has less to do with "keeping it real" and more to do with needing some attention.

I think almost everyone knows why the video was edited in the manner it was.

Fact is, we ain't as stewpud as the NFL thinks we be.

StoneCold

Reaction score
sutz":1p8hx8di said:
West TX Hawk":1p8hx8di said:

Sherman had a couple of bad plays and a complete meltdown as he lost his composure but he'll be back and ready for Arizona.
FIFY ;)

Thank you for clarifying the exaggeration. I'm also certain that if Sherman had gotten the change in the defensive call, Julio does not get wide open and we win easily.

A

Anonymous

:34853_doh:

When? When will these idiotic people learn... ?

[youtube]AqHZJe6306k[/youtube]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Cry me a river Atlanta. Should have been off-setting and 4th down over again. The Refs let em play, period. They didn't score a single point in the 4th quarter against the Hawks D. The Hawks missed a FG AND an extra point. And you STILL lost. Yawn

bmorepunk

Reaction score
pmedic920":ktjng2xr said:
bmorepunk":ktjng2xr said:

I think this post has less to do with "keeping it real" and more to do with needing some attention.

I see a few possibilities about the end product in that video, but I'm not in the position of caring about how it makes the team "look" so I don't assume the worst. I don't think it's a high probability that there is some concerted effort by the NFL's organizations to edit videos to make the play look a certain way to swing opinion about the play, but it's possible.

What's with the first sentence in your post? Are you saying I'm posting this just to rile people up? If so, I disagree with that.

pmedic920

Reaction score
bmorepunk":37yhcjkc said:
pmedic920":37yhcjkc said:
bmorepunk":37yhcjkc said:

I see a few possibilities about the end product in that video, but I'm not in the position of caring about how it makes the team "look" so I don't assume the worst. I don't think it's a high probability that there is some concerted effort by the NFL's organizations to edit videos to make the play look a certain way to swing opinion about the play, but it's possible.

What's with the first sentence in your post? Are you saying I'm posting this just to rile people up? If so, I disagree with that.

Your completely entitled to your opinions, and welcome to post them.
I'm bustin' your chops a bit :{)

If you don't think that video was edited to fit a specific agenda that's your prerogative but I'd bet you are in a very small minority here.

I'd also bet that most football fans, if willing to look at the whole situation without bias, would probably come to the same conclusion. Somebody when out of their way to edit that video, it was done for a reason.

The NFL sells a product, they will go to extreme lengths to promote and protect that product as they see fit.

Sherman mentioned it in the press conference, NFL wants to promote offense/scoring.

I'm not saying this was done against the Seahawks, I'm saying it was done to fit the agenda they are following.

What if?
What if, they had showed Sherm getting blasted?
What if, they had slowed down the video at the beginning of that play, and highlighted the shot to his head?

What do you think the national narrative would be about the last play of that game?

Again, I'd bet that the national talk would be much more like it is here, than what's it's been. Herm E. Is the only one that I've heard that comes close to "getting it".

Edit:
As the NFL let it play out, this was the biggest story going on Monday morning.

Bigger than Ben R. needing knee surgery.
You seriously don't think that video was edited with purpose?

"COME ON MAN"

2nd Edit:
Wonder why the narrative is, Sherm got away with cheating?

Why isn't the focus on officiating?
The refs blew 2 calls on that 1 play.

DJrmb

Reaction score
pmedic920":cetba7v1 said:
West TX Hawk":cetba7v1 said:

Yes, some points were scored when he was in the area but I'm still not convinced that the "break downs" were is "fault".
^^^ This.

There are WAY too many people simply looking at the stat line to judge how well Sherman played against Julio. The fact is that Sherman played quiet well against Julio for most of the game. They showed a graphic after Julio's touchdown on the TV Broadcast of passes to Julio Jones in which Sherman was covering him. It was something like 4 plays for 48 yards... Again that was After the touchdown and after Julio had around 104 yards and 1 TD. He ended up with 139 yards and 1 TD. So even if you give Sherman all of the remaining yards he still held Julio under 100 yards and no scores when he was covering him.

The people claiming Sherman got run over in this game by Julio are mistaken.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
DJrmb":1x4x0zyd said:
pmedic920":1x4x0zyd said:
West TX Hawk":1x4x0zyd said:

^^^ This.

There are WAY too many people simply looking at the stat line to judge how well Sherman played against Julio. The fact is that Sherman played quiet well against Julio for most of the game. They showed a graphic after Julio's touchdown on the TV Broadcast of passes to Julio Jones in which Sherman was covering him. It was something like 4 plays for 48 yards... Again that was After the touchdown and after Julio had around 104 yards and 1 TD. He ended up with 139 yards and 1 TD. So even if you give Sherman all of the remaining yards he still held Julio under 100 yards and no scores when he was covering him.

The people claiming Sherman got run over in this game by Julio are mistaken.

Yup. The ESPN reporter that covers the Hawks wrote this in his latest article. Sherman lined up with Jones for 40 some plays and gave up 4 catches for 40 some yards. People are just seeing the total yards and saying Sherm got destroyed. Simply not true.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
pmedic920":1ult6yvg said:
Your completely entitled to your opinions, and welcome to post them.
I'm bustin' your chops a bit :{)

If you don't think that video was edited to fit a specific agenda that's your prerogative but I'd bet you are in a very small minority here.

I'd also bet that most football fans, if willing to look at the whole situation without bias, would probably come to the same conclusion. Somebody when out of their way to edit that video, it was done for a reason.

The NFL sells a product, they will go to extreme lengths to promote and protect that product as they see fit.

Sherman mentioned it in the press conference, NFL wants to promote offense/scoring.

I'm not saying this was done against the Seahawks, I'm saying it was done to fit the agenda they are following.

What if?
What if, they had showed Sherm getting blasted?
What if, they had slowed down the video at the beginning of that play, and highlighted the shot to his head?

What do you think the national narrative would be about the last play of that game?

Again, I'd bet that the national talk would be much more like it is here, than what's it's been. Herm E. Is the only one that I've heard that comes close to "getting it".

Edit:
As the NFL let it play out, this was the biggest story going on Monday morning.

Bigger than Ben R. needing knee surgery.
You seriously don't think that video was edited with purpose?

"COME ON MAN"

The video is edited with purpose, just maybe not for the purpose that most of our fans think it may be. While I agree that the NFL focuses on packaging the product, it's hard to say how much what your'e saying flows into NFL Films' day-to-day operations. At some point, this starts sounding like a well-planned and executed conspiracy, and that's often a difficult thing to pull off even with high quality employees.

If the intent was to edit it to fit, it may have just been the lower level employees making it work with the announcing that Barber or the Falcons announcer did.

I don't have a strong opinion about how the end product got where it did, and I agree that it doesn't represent the play well since they missed Jones' penalty at the line. The good news (besides the win) is that the refs let both go; had Sherman been flagged but not Jones that would have been really aggravating, particularly if the Falcons scored.