Cardinals Fans Poll: What Bothers Them Most About Us

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
If "Pete Carroll's gum smackin'" is good enough to be 3rd on this list, then that's sure not a whole lot to be bothered about. I think the real thing that bothers them is our championship and their lack thereof. Can't wait for Sunday!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, good ol' fashioned envy is the order of the day whenever other team fans say how much they hate Seahawks fans.

Sure beats the apathy I grew up with.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":nzdftpni said:
If "Pete Carroll's gum smackin'" is good enough to be 3rd on this list, then that's sure not a whole lot to be bothered about. I think the real thing that bothers them is our championship and their lack thereof. Can't wait for Sunday!

Let's face it, if Pete coached Arizona.. there's a good chance he'd be hated by Seahawk fans.

Just look at how many fans feel about Arians and Fisher or about Harbaugh when he was in SF.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Consider how most people feel about Larry Fitz. He's a superstar receiver, but also a class-act. He's hard not to like, even if he's on the "enemy" team.

Pete's a likable guy, but his winning ways can come through, for right or wrong, as arrogance when chawing away on gum with a smile on the sidelines with the score 20 points in our favor. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Fans and the 12's branding is annoying.

If just like the terrible towel.

People within the community embrace it and cherish it... But it just looks dumb to outsiders. It's also very easy for the new fan to get attached to which may rub some long-time fans the wrong way.

But to Arizona, we hear our fans in your stadium better than you hear your own.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":cz7bf760 said:
West TX Hawk":cz7bf760 said:

Let's face it, if Pete coached Arizona.. there's a good chance he'd be hated by Seahawk fans.

Just look at how many fans feel about Arians and Fisher or about Harbaugh when he was in SF.
So true. I am actually a huge Harbaugh fan because he is coaching my Wolverines. The one thing about Harbs though, I never ever thought he was a bad coach. Quite the opposite. I knew Michigan was gonna rise up and I knew the Whiners were toast.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Regarding Pete, I can see the exuberance annoying another fan base, if for no other reason than a bit of jealousy that he is having so much fun kicking butt.

But to me, that is different than what hawk fans may feel towards someone like Arians.

Pete is a class act all the way. Doesnt say things to rile up the opponent, etc.

Bruce is a first class douche.

Now the 12's thing, yeah super annoying to anyone not in the Seattle area.

Even as someone who has since moved away, when I come home to visit, Blue Friday is a little intense.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":jw09bd63 said:
Let's face it, if Pete coached Arizona.. there's a good chance he'd be hated by Seahawk fans. .

I hated Carroll when he was at USC. I thought his whole rah rah positivity let's have Snoop Dog rap during practice as Will Ferrell does a 30 minute set was all fake and contrived and would never work on grown men in the NFL.

But now that I've seen Pete here for six years I know it's 100% genuine.

So from a distance I can certainly see why Carroll rubs other team's fans the wrong way.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Succesful teams and succesful people in general tend to be hated. Would there be so much hate for the Patriots if they performed like the Browns?

Your team being hated is a positive sign.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Overseasfan":1njommqv said:
Succesful teams and succesful people in general tend to be hated. Would there be so much hate for the Patriots if they performed like the Browns?

This is a good point to an extent. I find myself strangely rooting against the loveable Cubs just because they have been the favorite all year.

Although lets be honest, we would hate Brady and Belicheck either way :)

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Overseasfan":13aa0gp5 said:

Dead on. It's human nature to hate sports teams (outside of your own) that are perpetual winners. Especially the Pats.

ENOUGH ALREADY, lol.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Aros":qrpyj9nj said:
Overseasfan":qrpyj9nj said:

Dead on. It's human nature to hate sports teams (outside of your own) that are perpetual winners. Especially the Pats.

ENOUGH ALREADY, lol.

But everyone HATES the Cowturds and they haven't won squat in decades.

drdiags

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1mrimj59 said:
Aros":1mrimj59 said:
Overseasfan":1mrimj59 said:

ENOUGH ALREADY, lol.

But everyone HATES the Cowturds and they haven't won squat in decades.

That's because NFL Films had the audacity to call them "America's Team" and it stuck. Now folks parrot it like it is gospel.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I won't turn this into a cheer leading thread for Pete Carol, but from the instant they announced him as our new head coach, I've repeatedly said that he was the best damn thing to happen to the Seahawks ever, and I still maintain that.

Pete's infectious, over the top sometimes, emotionally driven coaching style was, is, and always will be what makes the Seahawks tic.

We are a team that is fueled by emotion, passion, and a bond between the coaches, players, and fans, unmatched anywhere else in frachise , and or NFL team history for that matter.

I think what we are hearing is envy and jealousy from other team fans, not hate, although I'm sure there are some genuine haters out there too.