Patrick Peterson follows the national narrative.

Maulbert

Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/blog/arizona-ca...uch-more-of-a-pocket-passer-in-russell-wilson

“This year’s he’s definitely much more of a pocket passer than over the years,” Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson said. “It’s kind of tough against us because we do a great job of crashing that pocket and getting him to run around a little bit more than other teams, but now we just have to do a better job of not letting him escape the pocket because we know he likes to roll out. We understand what he likes to do.

“If we’re able keep him in the pocket, I believe we can force him to make those ill-advised throws because he is (shorter) than most quarterbacks so it is a little bit tougher for him to look over the offensive line and through the defensive line, as well.”

I hope Wilson throws for 400 yards and 5 TDs on this ass clown.

mistaowen

Reaction score
The only Jets offense was Bmarsh murdering him 1 on 1. I don't understand the league wide love he gets.

mikeak

Reaction score
Confused what is wrong about his statements

They crash the pocket good

RW is in the pocket way more which is why the guy that has been 32nd in holding the ball since he came to this league is now 12th

I am simply not sure if RW in the pocket isn't better against this defense than prior years where they have contained him very well and I am kind of excluding the second game last year. They dominated our offense in the home game 2015

ivotuk

Reaction score
His comments? Ill advised throws because of his height? Keeping him in the pocket is the trick to beating RW because he struggles to throw from the pocket and plays better when he rolls out?

I wonder if he's playing possum

Rat

Reaction score
I don't see anything offensive about those comments. I guess you can always find something if you're looking for it.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Rat":2l0trb01 said:
I don't see anything offensive about those comments. I guess you can always find something if you're looking for it.

Not offensive just comically wrong. So I guess you agree Russell struggles to see over the line and he is not good out of the pocket. He makes bad decisions when forced to throw from the pocket. I guess jsut ask Pittsburg last year how bad of a pocket passer he is.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":3ulr6uke said:
Rat":3ulr6uke said:

Not offensive just comically wrong. So I guess you agree Russell struggles to see over the line and he is not good out of the pocket. He makes bad decisions when forced to throw from the pocket. I guess jsut ask Pittsburg last year how bad of a pocket passer he is.

Thank you. They're clearly made by someone who has spent absolutely no time studying Wilson's game and just listens to every asshat with an opinion.

NINEster

Reaction score
The Cards DBs never used to talk trash about Kap until last year.

#Concerning

Laloosh

Reaction score
Starting to think Ninester is Kaepernick's cousin. Every thread somehow requires a Kaepernick reference.

Rob12

Reaction score
pmedic920":2kdz6ini said:
I hope your right but PP ain't way out of line with his comments.

Wilson is deadly in the pocket. This is not new news. Peterson is wrong and I am betting that RW lights him and the rest of that defense up.

Smellyman

Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-se...umbers-behind-russell-wilsons-historic-season

118.6 -- Wilson's passer rating on throws from inside the pocket. Not only was that the top mark among this year's group, but no quarterback in the past three seasons has posted a higher number. Wilson completed 72.8 percent of his passes, averaged 8.75 yards per attempt and tossed 31 touchdowns against seven interceptions when he stayed in the pocket. Since Week 11, the numbers are 77.8 percent, 9.90 YPA, 22 touchdowns and one interception. That equates to a passer rating of 145.1. Regardless of what happens in the playoffs, this will be one of the most important things to come out of the 2015 season for the Seahawks. When Wilson has time to sit back in the pocket, he can pick defenses apart. He's shown that ability in the past, but never at such a high level, and it's made the Seahawks extremely tough to defend. If opponents want to try to stay disciplined with their pass rushes and not allow Wilson to scramble, he's perfectly content to hang tight, survey the field and deliver on-target all game long.

davidonmi

Reaction score
it's not out of line, but the comments about him being short and not able to see over the line are outdated

Rob12

Reaction score
Smellyman":az18dl9q said:
http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-se...umbers-behind-russell-wilsons-historic-season

118.6 -- Wilson's passer rating on throws from inside the pocket. Not only was that the top mark among this year's group, but no quarterback in the past three seasons has posted a higher number. Wilson completed 72.8 percent of his passes, averaged 8.75 yards per attempt and tossed 31 touchdowns against seven interceptions when he stayed in the pocket. Since Week 11, the numbers are 77.8 percent, 9.90 YPA, 22 touchdowns and one interception. That equates to a passer rating of 145.1. Regardless of what happens in the playoffs, this will be one of the most important things to come out of the 2015 season for the Seahawks. When Wilson has time to sit back in the pocket, he can pick defenses apart. He's shown that ability in the past, but never at such a high level, and it's made the Seahawks extremely tough to defend. If opponents want to try to stay disciplined with their pass rushes and not allow Wilson to scramble, he's perfectly content to hang tight, survey the field and deliver on-target all game long.

Exactly. This narrative about keeping Wilson in the pocket, well, be careful what you wish for. Other than that, PP's comments are fine. But RW is about to go off come Sunday night...

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
pmedic920":1luc6pqj said:

Yes, all of those "ill-advised throws" come in droves from a QB who has a history of taking very good care of the ball. Gotcha! There is a reason why his TD-to-INT ratio and is among the highest in the league. "I can't say anything, so I'll just throw it up for grabs." You're right; that's so totally Russell Wilson :stirthepot:

pmedic920

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":uefpddgs said:
pmedic920":uefpddgs said:

Yes, all of those "ill-advised throws" come in droves from a QB who has a history of taking very good care of the ball. Gotcha! There is a reason why his TD-to-INT ratio and is among the highest in the league. "I can't say anything, so I'll just throw it up for grabs." You're right; that's so totally Russell Wilson :stirthepot:

I didn't say he was "spot on" or 100% accurate.

I said he wasn't "way out of line".
Do we expect him to say "RW is gunna kick our ass"?

:{)

NINEster

Reaction score
Laloosh":103rk4st said:
Starting to think Ninester is Kaepernick's cousin. Every thread somehow requires a Kaepernick reference.

Watch Trading Places and maybe you'll start to understand why.