Advice & Suggestions please Panthers Game

GlastoHawkUK

Reaction score
Hello 12's
I am coming over for the Panthers game from the UK with my 2 sons, both in their mid twenties, all of us Seahawks fans, me in excess of 30 Years. This will be our first visit to Seattle
We are staying a few days either side of gameday around 5th Avenue and Spring Street
Would appreciate any suggestions on places to visit, thinking Stadium Tour and Space Needle, possibly Boeing factory tour ?
Which are the best bars in the area?
On gameday how early should we arive at the stadium, and what would be our best form of transport to get there? Where is the best pre game and after game atmosphere.
Have done a few NFL games at Wembley but if its not your team it is hard to get pasionate about it. We will aim to be as loud as we can and look forward to meeting up with you 12's, Do you get many over from the UK?
Many thanks, any info will be much appreciated.
Should add we are all supporters of Bristol Rovers Football (soccer) Club, we are also renowned for our loud support and are known as Gasheads

Followthelegion

Reaction score
Hello from another UK based Hawk,

I flew out to Seattle last year for the Detroit game on MNF, and it was an absolutely incredible experience. The fans were great, including the 1 Detroit guy wearing a Stafford jersey in our section who was giving as good as he got.

In terms of best way in on gameday, we took the metro from our hotel (near the Space Needle) and it was quick and easy. Little walk up to the stadium from there. There are a couple of great bars open close to the stadium so you don't need to go searching post game, but the downtown area is where most of the bars / clubs are located.

For things to do, I really enjoyed the town's history tour - You get to check out the underground city and learn the history of Seattle (rebuilding the City after a fire is something a Londoner can appreciate).

Have a great trip, enjoy the game. You will be amazed at how Seattle is on gameday. Literally every group of people will be wearing 12s memorabilia and the streets are filled with fans shouting SEA-HAWKS even at 9am.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If you are a fan of aviation at all, Seattle's Museum of Flight is a must stop. A very nice collection of WWI, WWII, historic, commercial, military, etc...

http://www.museumofflight.org/

Our very own Paul Allen also has a wonderful collection at Paine Field in Everett called the Flying Heritage Collection...

http://www.flyingheritage.com/

Enjoy our beautiful city and GO HAWKS!

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
Aros":2wlscj9s said:
If you are a fan of aviation at all, Seattle's Museum of Flight is a must stop. A very nice collection of WWI, WWII, historic, commercial, military, etc...
They also have a Concorde on display there in British Airways livery which is something a Londoner ought to appreciate.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Museum of flight, EMP, Space Needle, and Pike Place market (where they throw the fish) are cool places.
The EMP is at the base of the Space Needle so you can kill 2 birds with one stone. Plus I think the EMP still has the Lombardi Trophy and other XLVIII goodies on display.

The stadium tours on non game day are also real cool, Safeco Field across the street from C-link where the Baseball Mariners play is also a cool tour.

pmedic920

Reaction score
5th & Spring st.

I'm guessing Crown Plaza?

That's not a bad walk to the Stadium.

On game days, people in the area are so much fun to watch and mingle with.

The atmosphere becomes electric. Unless one of your group has a condition that limits walking, I wouldn't hesitate.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
It sounds like you have some time before and after the gameday so I would suggest a Ferry ride to Bremerton to see the Naval Museum there. Easy to walk on and off on both sides.

The Ferry ride to the locals is no big deal but to out of towners that have never done it before, it seems to be one of the things they remember the most as it can be quite scenic if the weather isn't total crap.

Someone mentioned the Underground Tour, make sure this is on your list.

Summer time, you need a reservation to get the time/date you want, but the time of year you are coming most likely not, but I would check into it to be sure. Shouldn't be hard to find info for it on the web.

Stadium Tour, Pike Place Market, Space Needle & EMP, (next to each other), Museum of Flight are all worth your time if you have the time.

One last thing, if you want to load up on Hawk Swag, hit the Pro Shop at the Stadium the day before the game as the crowds are insane on gameday and finding what you want can be frustrating.

Most of all, have fun, take lots of pictures and be prepared for the noise as it can be quite disturbing if your not expecting it.

Cheers.

GO HAWKS!!!

rcaido

Reaction score
If you're staying for at least 4-days, then i would recommend getting the City Pass to get a bundle discount.

1Space Needle
2Seattle Aquarium
3Argosy Cruises Harbor Tour
4EMP Museum OR Woodland Park Zoo
5Chihuly Garden and Glass OR Pacific Science Center

Space Needle, EMP Museum, & Chihuly Garden and Glass are all close to each other & you can probably do all 3 in one day if you go early. Pacific Science Center is close by too but if you have kids this can be a half day or full day event. You can watch a real IMAX movie there too.

Argosy Cruises Harbor Tour & Seattle Aquarium are close to each other so you should do those together. Then you can walk up to Pike's Market. You can buy souvenirs, see the fish toss, visit the first starbuck, stuff like that.

If none of those interest then like the other people mention, the Museum of Flight was quite nice. Its been 10years since i been there.

Largent80

Reaction score
Somewhere on this site there is a thread with all these topics addressed, I looked for it but couldn't find it. Maybe a mod can?

OP
OP
G

GlastoHawkUK

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice, we will take up some of the suggestions. Very much looking forward to the game, especialy after the performance against the Patriots, Hawks starting to look very good.

kev007

Reaction score
Reading this thread with interest as wife and I are hoping to come to Seattle for the first time next September.

I've been a fan since 1984 so would be so cool to finally see a game and experience the atmosphere!

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys.

Go 'Hawks!

Kev