C. Michael to Outshine D. Johnson???

kidhawk

Reaction score
According to this weeks Chris Wesseling's bold prediction that could happen.

Christine Michael outshines inimitable David Johnson on 'SNF'

When we roll out Around The NFL's mid-season All Pro squad in two weeks, there's a good chance David Johnson will be the running back. Along with Ezekiel Elliott, LeSean McCoy and Le'Veon Bell, he's in the discussion for the game's premier tailback. He combines Adrian Peterson's explosive cutting ability with game-breaking speed and the pass-catching skills of a wide receiver.

Johnson faces a tough matchup, though, against a Michael Bennett-led defensive front seven that held him to 25 yards on 11 carries in last year's regular-season finale. Awakened as he is, Michael still isn't getting the publicity of the backs mentioned above despite 2.56 yards more per carry than all other Seattle backfield members combined. Running like he's shot out of a cannon, Michael is due for a national coming out party Sunday night.

-- Chris Wesseling

[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000724990/article/bold-predictions-michael-outshines-johnson-on-snf[/urltargetblank]

Trrrroy

Reaction score
If Johnson has an impact this game it will be as a reciever. I don't see him having much success on the ground.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Would be pretty great to see. Johnson is the best RB in football right now IMO.

byau

Reaction score
David Johnson is a beast. I love watching him run. That said, I am somewhat concerned about him and our run D. However seems to me the Seahawks run D is better at defending his style of run then say a shifty runner. I am really looking forward to that matchup

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":169ug7j3 said:
Would be pretty great to see. Johnson is the best RB in football right now IMO.
Rubes and McDaniel will get to put a solid question mark to that assertion. Both are playing VERY well, as are tackling machines Bobby and KJ.

The Cards offense won't survive this brutal encounter very well.

12thbrah

Reaction score
If CMike can duplicate what he did to the Cards last season we should be alright alright alright.

Hawks46

Reaction score
byau":3ix9gcg8 said:
David Johnson is a beast. I love watching him run. That said, I am somewhat concerned about him and our run D. However seems to me the Seahawks run D is better at defending his style of run then say a shifty runner. I am really looking forward to that matchup

It's less about how he matches up against our Run D and more how our DL matches up against their OL. Our DL wins that matchup 9 times out of 10.

I think it was Sherman that said Coleman was a great receiving back as well. Both he and Freeman got what, 60 receiving yards between the two of them ? It's not like Johnson is going to sneak up on them. The Hawks know how to look for.

If we can cover Fitz on the quick stuff, Johnson out of the backfield, and get some pressure on Palmer, this game won't be within 10 points.