Kam doubtful to play Sunday

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hope we don't have the miscommunication in the secondary again....

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/789596934075928576[/tweet]

andyh64000

Reaction score
Have to believe communication is/was a big part of practice this week.

SeaChat

Reaction score
wow I'm a little surprised to read this, I just listened to Pete Carol tell the press yesterday that Kam had a good week, that he was out running at the time Pete was talking with the press and said he expected that Kam would likely be good to go on Sunday.
I would usually be quick to say that Pete was just trying to dupe Arizona into planning their offense for a game without Kam in the picture and then spring him on them play one at game time, but I did that last week with both the Dline guys Pete said were not likely to play and true that, neither of them played.
I really hate not having Kam there, although his backup will get his job done with fewer issues this week if Kam doesn't play, Richard will be the first to let him know if he isn't on the same page with everyone else LMAO.

Go Hawks !

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
On one hand, I am glad that Kam is finally getting more recognization for just how much he contributes to the success of this offense.

There was a lot of diminishing his contribution when the whole contract thing came up, but Kam is and always has been a key difference between this being a very good to great defense and a truly great defense.

On the other hand, crap. He, along with Marshawn Lynch, Sherman and Brandon Browner, is one of my favorite players ever. So missing the opportunity to see him out there and knowing just how much less dangerous his absence makes the defense....well that is a bummer.

We can still win but I really miss seeing him out there.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
The worrisome thing with Kam's groin problem, evident even during training camp when he missed time too, is that like with RW's injuries they could be months-long lasting.

Hopefully they are just restoring and saving him for when playoffs-time crunch-time happens.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Arizona does not have a Julio Jones so communication wont be an issue if Sherman doesn't have to play man.

James in PA

Reaction score
Damnit. This is our chance to bury Arizona. Hate this news. Hawks always seem to take the cautious approach with injuries with everyone other than RW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dadof3

Reaction score
I love Kam, but I hope they are looking at drafting his replacement soon. His body just can't hold up for a season.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
dadof3":3er42nbl said:
I love Kam, but I hope they are looking at drafting his replacement soon. His body just can't hold up for a season.

I personally feel like he works out TOO much. He never stops .

Seems like it has made him prone to injury.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Kam did not play at Arizona last year when we destroyed the Cards 36-6 at their home. McCray was in his place and I think he will be fine having a week of practice and he's played against them before.

Polk738

Reaction score
The good news is the Brown brothers aren't playing an Micheal Floyd is a shell of his former self so far this season, we contained David Johnson pretty well last year and Carson Palmer will be limited with his hamstring....we are still in better shape than the Cards

2_0_6

Reaction score
Im not worried about McCray in the passing game this week as I am him getting after DJ in their run game. Kam's coverage skills are the best for guys at his position, but there is no doubt about his run D.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Wait, we just dismantled Atlanta at full strength without Kam and people are worried about stopping a gimped up Arizona because Kam will be out again?

SMH

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2lbn7xye said:
Wait, we just dismantled Atlanta at full strength without Kam and people are worried about stopping a gimped up Arizona because Kam will be out again?

SMH

Not sure I'd call giving up 24 points "dismantling".

bigskydoc

Reaction score
They scored 3 points in 3 quarters of play, and one legit TD in the other quarter.

They took advantage of a complete mental lapse in the defense to score two quick TDs

If it weren't for that complete gift, the Hawks held them to ten points, basically shutting them down

The score had no business being that close.

I'd call that a dismantling

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Well one thing's for certain...Kam should be revved up ready to absolutely pound someone when he does come back!

We'll be fine Sunday. Not worried.

253hawk

Reaction score
dadof3":23z9tfl6 said:

Groin pulls can happen from almost nothing. The one time I pulled mine was because my cleat slipped for a few inches before biting into some half-frozen turf. I could do everything else but run on it and it took about a month to fully heal.

Communication should be a lot easier for the defense down there in the quiet desert.