Props to Avril

hawker84

Reaction score
I agree, and thanks for starting this thread. I don't think he gets near the props he deserves sometimes. I think he's on pace to have his best year yet with us?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Incredible game by him.

His one handed throw down of Palmer while not even looking was hilarious yet awesome

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
hawker84":2pu9kzup said:
I agree, and thanks for starting this thread. I don't think he gets near the props he deserves sometimes. I think he's on pace to have his best year yet with us?

He's on pace for 19 sacks this year. 6.5 sacks in 6 games.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Avril is on fire this season. And I think it was against the Jets where Bennett got pissed about that blindside hit to his head and was about to kill the guy who hit him, but Avril grabbed onto him and wouldn't let go to prevent him from drawing a personal foul penalty. Loved that.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Without Avril, we lose that game last night. The bslap to Palmer was awesome.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
2.5 sacks by him last night! He has been straight ballin' all year.

drcool

Reaction score
I chalk it up to me wearing my Cliff Avril jerseys yesterday while sitting on my couch watching the game. That HAD to have an effect.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Avril has always been consistently good and well worth his contract. Great complement to Bennett in that they both help each other by not allowing O-lines to key on one of them. This year he is on fire!

Great thing is he is signed through the 2018 season. He will be 32 then and it will be interesting how much he will have left in the tank.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Avril has been consistently good to great. Avril and Bennett - by far the best free agent signings of the PC/JS era.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
drcool":5fmaaves said:
I chalk it up to me wearing my Cliff Avril jerseys yesterday while sitting on my couch watching the game. That HAD to have an effect.

The force is with you young jedi.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawker84":3dgwccjt said:
I don't think he gets near the props he deserves sometimes.

Absolutely agreed. With so much talent on that side of the ball a "B+" player like Avril gets totally lost in the reputational shuffle, and gets basically ignored when praise is being dolled out.

My summary of announcer Seahawks D Praise:

1) Sherman & ET (The best, the absolute best, and showered with praise!)
2) Bennett (And don't forget about Bennett for the more discerning fans!)
3) Kam (We're going to ignore him a lot of the time so that we can then talk about how you can't ignore him!)
4) Wagner (High praise and superlatives on splash plays, but praise disappears for long stretches just like he disappears in games sometimes)
5) KJ Wright (He's our Seahawks deep cut! That we're talking about how great he is means we really know what we're talking about!)
6) Avril (Oh, yeah, he exists too or something, and is pretty good I guess)

HawkFan72

Reaction score
thebanjodude":2oeabuex said:
Avril has been consistently good to great. Avril and Bennett - by far the best free agent signings of the PC/JS era.

The fact that we got both of them in the same offseason just adds to how amazing it was to get them.