Everyone's blaming Bevell, but......

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Russ is banged up, Tyler Lockett is banged up and has no burst left and everybody can see it now, Jimmy Graham I believe is hurt more than we admit and seems to have developed a case of droppies, Doug Baldwin has disappeared and I think he is hurt too, and I don't know if he's hurt but Christine Michael has been ineffective! This team is reeling at the wrong time as we're in a tough, tough stretch! 3 of 4 prime time and on the road, banged up but still in first!

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Blaming Bevell is a lazy overreaction. Sometimes your team gets outplayed. It's what happened here. He's not telling his O-line to hold, and Russ being under instant pressure isn't in his playbook.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Bevell called a bubble screen to Micheal on 2nd and 20 inside our own 15 yardline last night. Problem: the play was designed WITH NO BLOCKERS ON THAT SIDE OF THE FIELD. Shocker that it resulted in a 5 yard loss.

We were having massive troubles in pass protection (Russell was hurried on 20 attempts), yet at one point last night we had run 31 passing plays, and 12 rushes.

That tells you all you need to know about Darrell Bevell.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Trrrroy":28u7louv said:
Blaming Bevell is a lazy overreaction. Sometimes your team gets outplayed. It's what happened here. He's not telling his O-line to hold, and Russ being under instant pressure isn't in his playbook.

We have scored three touchdowns in 13 quarters of football on the road (0 TD in nine quarters against division opponents). Yep, Bevell is doing a great job.

hawker84

Reaction score
It's the offense is inept again, so everyone must be hurt explanation? It's week 7, everyone's dinged up....

Graham and Baldwin seemed to look just fine in the 4th and OT. The problem last night was, our O line was getting manhandled, and yes I blame Bevell, not so much for just the play calling, but the lack of in game and half time adjustments. We see this time and time again, week in week out. Why it takes this coaching staff so long to make adjustments is mind boggling...

That is why I am not a Bevell supporter, and quite frankly Pete's lack of discipline over this team is wearing thin as well. How many bone head plays does Lane have to make before a coach pulls him aside and says get your damn head in the game?

blue 22

Reaction score
Trrrroy":1gkgdrc3 said:

26650636.jpg

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Trrrroy":3fit6sxf said:

So you are saying our OC has nothing in the playbook to get the ball out quick with an injured Russ AND an OL that is near the bottom of the league? Not scheming for your personnel and the inability to adjust does mean he is not a good OC. His job description is literally to plan offensive strategy with the personnel available to mitigate defensive opponents strengths and take advantage of weaknesses. In that game he did none of those things.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
The adjustments were working just fine, but time after time we'd reel off a big gainer, only to have it called back by holding attributed to Gilliam, Fant or Williams or an offensive pass interference against Kearse (which was bogus). Then how many times did Russ have passes tipped? Too many. At least he was able to get a reception on one of his own passes.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Bevell hasn't been doing this stuff for weeks and now you get on his case as if he was.

mrt144

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":86o1iqtm said:
Russ is banged up, Tyler Lockett is banged up and has no burst left and everybody can see it now, Jimmy Graham I believe is hurt more than we admit and seems to have developed a case of droppies, Doug Baldwin has disappeared and I think he is hurt too, and I don't know if he's hurt but Christine Michael has been ineffective! This team is reeling at the wrong time as we're in a tough, tough stretch! 3 of 4 prime time and on the road, banged up but still in first!

A good OC finds ways to work around conundrums. Does Bevell seem like he's doing that?

mrt144

Reaction score
johnnyfever":1b2is71m said:
Trrrroy":1b2is71m said:

So you are saying our OC has nothing in the playbook to get the ball out quick with an injured Russ AND an OL that is near the bottom of the league? Not scheming for your personnel and the inability to adjust does mean he is not a good OC. His job description is literally to plan offensive strategy with the personnel available to mitigate defensive opponents strengths and take advantage of weaknesses. In that game he did none of those things.

It's such a stark contrast between the Seahawks and Pats.

Pats are adaptable, malleable and adjust to other teams and pick at their weak points. We do what we do and it succeeds or fails based on the other team's ability to stop our specific game plan. That we don't have an all time great at RB who can get an additional 2 yards per play through his will power alone already subverts a key element of the successful gameplan we've run in 2012-2014. That we have one of the worst if not the worst O Line in the NFL makes it impossible for a hobbled RW to make magic happen even if he improving on this decisiveness to react to pressure.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2jwhcv16 said:
The adjustments were working just fine,

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

"Adjustments"

Don't bogart that joint, my friend, pass it over to me...

Ozzy

Reaction score
I find it strange that some people want to blame Bevell for everything but the pro Bevell crowd has gotten almost as weird. The guy doesn't do anything wrong? You weren't baffled by at least a couple of plays? There is a reason he gets zero interest the past couple of years for coaching jobs. He is a mid level OC at best. I think his creativity and overall approach are incredible at times. Situational calls though he seems to really struggle at times. I don't think that is even debatable. Not everyone of course and a few guys are pretty level headed on the topic.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1lfpdna4 said:
Siouxhawk":1lfpdna4 said:
The adjustments were working just fine,

"Adjustments"

Don't bogart that joint, my friend, pass it over to me...

LOL hahahahahahahaha. Brahhh. :lol:

DynoHawk

Reaction score
No Run Game, no pass protection, no time to throw. Sounds like we have problems with our Cable.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
austinslater25":333swynp said:
I find it strange that some people want to blame Bevell for everything but the pro Bevell crowd has gotten almost as weird. The guy doesn't do anything wrong? You weren't baffled by at least a couple of plays? There is a reason he gets zero interest the past couple of years for coaching jobs. He is a mid level OC at best. I think his creativity and overall approach are incredible at times. Situational calls though he seems to really struggle at times. I don't think that is even debatable. Not everyone of course and a few guys are pretty level headed on the topic.

Why do you keep starting your posts defending one side and then pivoting to the other?

Call what you see, people who disapprove of Bevell have tons of evidence based on the games we've seen.

You are free to think Bevell is doing a great job game in and game out, but there just is no evidence to that. Why does the team have peaks and valleys every year, why is the offense constantly trying to "figure things out" why is Russ always saying "We're almost there"?

It's silly. Also getting mad at "Bevell haters" isn't a point to stand on, actually give me something substantial that he is doing well that you want to point to. I'm looking for consistency as well.

mrt144

Reaction score
austinslater25":1bhg3tzv said:

He's also been able to get RW and ADB to a place where they're PB&J. But he is slow to adapt and inexplicably calls so much DOA plays that seem to not be cognizant of the other team's strengths or our weaknesses. The 5 Wide plays don't work so well when the opposing D backs are actually comparable to our own or the DEs are able to bait holding penalties through the OLs ineptitude.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If you don't like Bevell, then you don't like Pete.

Pete Carroll is a HOF college coach, and going to be a HOF NFL coach, and has forgotten more football knowledge then you have in your entire brains.

If Bevell's so terrible, why is he here? Does he have naked pics of Pete? Did he secretly give Pete one of his kidneys?

Pete Carroll does not hire bad coaches, Period. Bevell is here because he's a good coordinator that works well within the confines of what Pete wants run on offense, ball control pound the rock let Russell make 3-4 explosive plays per game, etc.

This offense was #4 in the NFL last year, and #1 the last six weeks................ with almost the exact same personnel, AND Bevell as it's coordinator. It's having a hard time this year because half it's players are hurt, especially Russell, Lockett and Rawls.

Playcalling fixes all this? Really?

12thbrah

Reaction score
DynoHawk":l4zgxo0r said:
No Run Game, no pass protection, no time to throw. Sounds like we have problems with our Cable.

Don't forget no talent at the tackle positions.

mrt144

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":195bnd64 said:
If you don't like Bevell, then you don't like Pete.

Pete Carroll is a HOF college coach, and going to be a HOF NFL coach, and has forgotten more football knowledge then you have in your entire brains.

If Bevell's so terrible, why is he here? Does he have naked pics of Pete? Did he secretly give Pete one of his kidneys?

Pete Carroll does not hire bad coaches, Period. Bevell is here because he's a good coordinator that works well within the confines of what Pete wants run on offense, ball control pound the rock let Russell make 3-4 explosive plays per game, etc.

This offense was #4 in the NFL last year, and #1 the last six weeks................ with almost the exact same personnel, AND Bevell as it's coordinator. It's having a hard time this year because half it's players are hurt, especially Russell, Lockett and Rawls.

Playcalling fixes all this? Really?

Well I just hope we don't run into many good to great defenses especially where their D Line is one of their respective strongest units on the back half of the schedule cause it's obvious Bevell has very few schematic options for it right now.

Can he figure it out? Sure. But it will be life shortening game after life shortening game until it clicks, like last year.

And he's here because the team in aggregate has been more than good enough to for Pete to not crap on loyalty that's part of a winning organization.