RW3's mobility is/was the key

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
A healthy RW3 and we win by at least two scores in Az.
I'm glad he is getting "pocket" time to get more comfortable with it, but lets face it, RW3 needs his mobility with this O line.

Heal quick (than you already are) Russ!

timmat

Reaction score
Yep - At the time we need his mobility the most, he's pushing through injury and just doesn't have the explosiveness back yet. Now is the time we need solid O line play more than any other moment in his career, and, well......

Our O line has been a sore spot for several years. But we had two historically gifted offensive weapons to counter this. We had the only QB in the league that didn't need much in the way of pass protection to be productive, and we had a Beast of a RB that had some of the greatest, maximum effort 4 and 5 yard runs you'll ever see. People like to talk about the Beastquake runs, etc., but one of the things I loved most about Marshawn was how he turned so, so many 2yd losses into 4 or 5 yard gains.

The combination of Russ being hurt, Marshawn being done, and the O line performing even worse than in the past, has really limited us. We'll still handle the bad and mid-level teams. But I'm seriously concerned about anyone that steps to us with a big boy D line.

hawk45

Reaction score
We win maybe, but not by two scores.

We've seen this every season, esp early in seasons vs. good DLs, and 10 points is the ceiling there because Russ waits all game to use his legs in one pivotal drive in the 4th quarter. This game was the same minus the one drive.

Russ's legs allowed us to pull some of these types of games out of the fire, but they in no way allowed us to dominate despite our crappy line.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I agree, I think a healthy Wilson definitely gives us a comfortable win.

OP
OP
D

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
We need his mobility back, plus as I've mentioned before he could work in a pump fake or two like he did so effectively during his rookie season.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Can we just be honest? Mobility is not coming back anytime soon.

His injury was a 3-4 week injury with rest. He's been playing constantly.

I'm no doctor, but it doesn't appear his movement is getting markedly better. I think he really needs to sit for a couple weeks or just brace for non mobile Russtge rest of the season.

Crizilla

Reaction score
It seemed like a decade ago Russ was running around wild and messing with defenses.

RussB

Reaction score
Hes not a bad pocket passer, its just hard to to when the o line is constantly giving up pressure and the OC doesnt call quick plays to beat pressure consistently. Any QB will struggle with that. But i do agree, he needs to get healthy and get back to doing classic wilson playmaking with his mobility.

RussB

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":bdwmnpzr said:
Thought about this a bit during the game, especially when the announcers brought it up. Makes me really wonder what his career is going to be like and quickly he'll drop off once he is older and less mobile due to age.
If he has a good o line he will be just fine.

RussB

Reaction score
timmat":1l1i20h5 said:
Yep - At the time we need his mobility the most, he's pushing through injury and just doesn't have the explosiveness back yet. Now is the time we need solid O line play more than any other moment in his career, and, well......

Our O line has been a sore spot for several years. But we had two historically gifted offensive weapons to counter this. We had the only QB in the league that didn't need much in the way of pass protection to be productive, and we had a Beast of a RB that had some of the greatest, maximum effort 4 and 5 yard runs you'll ever see. People like to talk about the Beastquake runs, etc., but one of the things I loved most about Marshawn was how he turned so, so many 2yd losses into 4 or 5 yard gains.

The combination of Russ being hurt, Marshawn being done, and the O line performing even worse than in the past, has really limited us. We'll still handle the bad and mid-level teams. But I'm seriously concerned about anyone that steps to us with a big boy D line.
Totally agree about the last part. If the o line doesnt seriously improve things could get really ugly in the playoffs against a great d line like the vikes for example. Remember the first half at carolina in the divisional last year? The line was getting demolished early and caused the team to commit multiple early turnovers.