Over reaction Monday Special First Time Hawks Tie Edition

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I'll start. I have never seen such a monumental defensive effort from ANY team after watching the NFL for 57 years (discounting age 1-6)

iNSANE effort and I'll always remember it. Although during the game I took many walks of my 3 1/2 acres.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":3vobuf1k said:
I'll start. I have never seen such a monumental defensive effort from ANY team after watching the NFL for 57 years (discounting age 1-6)

iNSANE effort and I'll always remember it. Although during the game I took many walks of my 3 1/2 acres.

I'm pretty sure Sherman left his actual soul on the field, and he couldn't talk to the press afterwards because they were still retrieving it.

Polaris

Reaction score
It was a game where Seattle didn't have an offense and very nearly won (and didn't lose) anyway.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I simply cannot name a single defensive player that didn't give everything they had for a Hawk win.

The offense?....hard to find anyone to even mention. Yeah, give Az's defense credit but that last drive in OT should have come a lot earlier. AND I will add that we had plenty of time to throw 1 more pass plus a time out before the missed FG by S.H.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Tyvis Powell (a rookie) had one of the biggest blunders of the game.

They punted, he had ONE job....Block his man (gunner) so we could actually get a return from Lockett.

He failed miserably and the one guy that kept Lockett from getting upfield was Powell's man.

I wanted him cut on the spot when I saw that play.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":gfidd5ue said:
The offense?....hard to find anyone to even mention. Yeah, give Az's defense credit but that last drive in OT should have come a lot earlier. AND I will add that we had plenty of time to throw 1 more pass plus a time out before the missed FG by S.H.

This is my only over-reaction about the offense.

Why is it when we're struggling to move the ball, we don't go into a 4 minute offense like we did at the end of the game and overtime? You know, get the tempo going a little, maybe that's get everyone in sync quicker. Sure seems to work late in games, why not do that more often?

Drives me crazy seeing Russell running the clock all the way down to zero seemingly putting the entire play out sync. GET TO THE LINE AND GO!

Hawks46

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":3vkvnydj said:
Bevell stole my girlfriend!

If you executed on the field, this would never happen. Don't blame Bevell for this !

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Hawks46":30576oo3 said:
LeftHandSmoke":30576oo3 said:
Bevell stole my girlfriend!

If you executed on the field, this would never happen. Don't blame Bevell for this !
But I was busy trying to block Chandler Jones when he did it - Swear to God!

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Largent80":1eon8aza said:

+100. A game for the ages.

Am not too concerned about the Hawks O returning to even 'mediocre' in games to come, having a defense as historic as that is to lean on. 20 ppg ave scored and we're likely going to be a big, big factor post-season.

Thank G it wasn't a loss, the Cards D was scary-impressive too.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
A Gen X Original 12 watching the game in the 21st Century? Via text. I couldn't stomach what I was seeing so I watched another program until the 4th quarter.

Oh wait, isn't this the Tell The Truth Monday thread?

:smilingalien:

kf3339

Reaction score
Maulbert":pbpuvvys said:
Hawks are tied for 1st with the Vikings in points allowed. Defense is approaching legendary status.

Yes, our defense is approaching Legendary status. But if our offense (players and coaches) don't stop giving a S$$t it won't matter when the playoffs come around the corner. NO TEAM is winning anything in the playoffs with this type of team we saw yesterday. NOT ONE.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":281xjrya said:
Largent80":281xjrya said:

This is my only over-reaction about the offense.

Why is it when we're struggling to move the ball, we don't go into a 4 minute offense like we did at the end of the game and overtime? You know, get the tempo going a little, maybe that's get everyone in sync quicker. Sure seems to work late in games, why not do that more often?

Drives me crazy seeing Russell running the clock all the way down to zero seemingly putting the entire play out sync. GET TO THE LINE AND GO!

Gee that's probably on our oc that you defend all day

Latest posts