Why are the Seahawks so divisive?

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Why does anytime Seattle does something different there must be a change. People are now looking at should there be ties anymore in football. Just because Seattle did? Has this ever been discussed before? The Hawks get a Hail Mary and officiating must be changed. They get a lucky break on PI and the system has to change. They have great DB's that take things to another level and they make rules to limit them. It always seems to be when the Seahawks are involved. Why is this or am I just seeing it through the fan eye.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I'm sure if you went back to the last tie in 2014 their was the same narrative.

sutz

Reaction score
They actually changed the rule many years ago to what it is now. There used to be a lot more ties, and they only did OT in the playoffs. Since then, there have only been a couple of ties a year league wide. Don't remembe exactly when, but before then it was more like soccer and there were ties all the time. Of course scores were a lot lower back then, too.

Not sure why anybody would be thinking of changing the rules around ties right now. Well, except to give the talking heads something to babble about. They don't seem to need anything meaningful to chat endlessly on.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
The Seahawks are divisive because they've had success. If you're constantly in the spotlight people will always find issues to have.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":3s63sa06 said:
Why is this or am I just seeing it through the fan eye.

You are just seeing it through fan eyes................The Tuck Rule, Dez's catch that wasn't a catch, raising the goal posts, how you list injured players, just to name a few.

The Patriot's fans could make a case that a lot of the new rules are because of their team, and I'd buy that cause they've done shady crap in the Belicheat era.

Rat

Reaction score
Because they're good. The Yankees, Duke basketball, any LeBron team, etc deal with the same thing.

OP
OP
Year of The Hawk

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Rat":3rh1azta said:
Because they're good. The Yankees, Duke basketball, any LeBron team, etc deal with the same thing.

Sorry cant relate to those teams. I am a UM Terps guy. Not such a storied history (some success but more misery). I guess it goes with the winning territory having everyone call out the way you win. Annoying but better than losing:)