Another Fire Bevell Thread

chris98251

Reaction score
Titled to bug Sgt Largent and English :)

The Offense is anemic, We have Fant a FA Tackle starting, the injuries to Wilson are more severe then anyone is saying, he is slow, he has no acceleration, his balls seem to float more and less zip on shorter routes, with both legs hurt he isn't able to use his lower body to put that extra effort on them. Baldwin and Lockett are also both hurt more then we are told, it is easy to see, Procise was activated over Spiller, is Spiller injured or are they just forcing the Procise issue? Collins is a back that if Michaels isn't going to be a power back that can deal punishment then Collins needs more touches, the finesse game doesn't make anyone fear our running game, Michael is great with burst but he needs to deliver blows as well, he's not that kind of back.

I have been hard on Bevell as many others, but this isn't just about what he is doing, we are a Mash Unit, anyone that watches and knows this team sees the difference ion our players, Bevell needs a legitimate run game for the offense as designed to work, Rawls maintained that aspect, why we went after Lynch really initially as well. We are missing pieces to succeed and doing the slight of hand offense right now, teams are seeing it and now taking advantage of it.

So lets not Fire Bevell yet, lets get healthy and talk about it at seasons end, I am not a fan of Bevell but there are few out there to pick from at the moment that are better and more importantly available.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I actually want Bevell to be fired now, just so I can stop reading his name and stop my slow march into the abyss of insanity.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2hvcal3o said:
I actually want Bevell to be fired now, just so I can stop reading his name and stop my slow march into the abyss of insanity.
Sarge, your posts restore my faith in sane humanity. Keep on keeping on.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ywmg1de said:
Siouxhawk":2ywmg1de said:
MontanaHawk05":2ywmg1de said:
Good article. It explains how there were 99 reasons how our offense went wrong and the Bev wasn't the only one.

We got 99 problems and Bev ain't one.

Now, now, don't getting all happy joy joy, I think he is a problem but wasn't one of the worst ones other then the actual game plan itself.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":1k041gml said:
Sgt. Largent":1k041gml said:
Siouxhawk":1k041gml said:
MontanaHawk05":1k041gml said:
Good article. It explains how there were 99 reasons how our offense went wrong and the Bev wasn't the only one.

Now, now, don't getting all happy joy joy, I think he is a problem but wasn't one of the worst ones other then the actual game plan itself.

Too late, I happy happy joy joy'd.............it's a premature thing, don't judge.

Largent80

Reaction score
When one simply looks at the opponents defense the last 3 games(prior to Az.) it's easy to see why we averaged 30 points a game.

It also masked the tackle position on the O-Line which we certainly now know is in deep doo doo. I'm just as hard on Bevell and praise him when I feel he does good but this mess isn't his fault.

It's really nobodies fault. Because we have a very elite defense and THAT my friends needs to be cherished.

mrt144

Reaction score
I don't want him fired, I want him to trip balls on mushrooms and expand his mind.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
mrt144":1hsw34lm said:
I don't want him fired, I want him to trip balls on mushrooms and expand his mind.

As somebody who would like to see him fired (not in the middle of the season, but rather after any season since he has been here), I would find this starting point an acceptable compromise.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
The fire Bevell crew isn't wrong so much as their hate is misplaced.

I don't think Bevell is the be-all and end-all but I Think anyone who doesn't see that our offensive line is clearly the problem with our offense simply doesn't understand how football works.

Wilson was pressured on 40% of dropbacks and had the second fastest throwing time of the week at 2.27 seconds.
https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/791015691784773632

No matter the offensive genius, most guys can be covered for 2.27 seconds.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":2god247c said:

I don't think Bevell is the be-all and end-all but I Think anyone who doesn't see that our offensive line is clearly the problem with our offense simply doesn't understand how football works.

Wilson was pressured on 40% of dropbacks and had the second fastest throwing time of the week at 2.27 seconds.

The problem right now is Bevell seems incapable of coming up with strategies to compensate for the weaknesses. Beyond that he has proven to lack what it takes to be an OC on an elite NFL team better than 75% of the time regardless of the tools he has to work with. Fire Bevell, for many, isn't a knee jerk reaction after a bad game here or there. A lot of us wanted him out after his first season, after his second season, after the Super Bowl winning season, etc.

In some ways watching this team at times is worse than watching the 90's teams. So much potential being wasted. At least we knew what we were in for with the 90's teams, which allowed for enjoying individual plays, drives and games more then now when there are such high expectations for seasons. Instead we get an OC wasting away the prime years of a truly elite defense.

mrt144

Reaction score
Bitter":13arukvl said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":13arukvl said:

The problem right now is Bevell seems incapable of coming up with strategies to compensate for the weaknesses. Beyond that he has proven to lack what it takes to be an OC on an elite NFL team better than 75% of the time regardless of the tools he has to work with. Fire Bevell, for many, isn't a knee jerk reaction after a bad game here or there. A lot of us wanted him out after his first season, after his second season, after the Super Bowl winning season, etc.

In some ways watching this team at times is worse than watching the 90's teams. So much potential being wasted. At least we knew what we were in for with the 90's teams, which allowed for enjoying individual plays, drives and games more then now when there are such high expectations for seasons. Instead we get an OC wasting away the prime years of a truly elite defense.

The games have been excruciatingly exciting for his tenure, no? And we have had many many many wins. I don't know how it could be worse than the 90s.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
mrt144":233xkmrx said:
Bitter":233xkmrx said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":233xkmrx said:

The games have been excruciatingly exciting for his tenure, no? And we have had many many many wins. I don't know how it could be worse than the 90s.

It's not. That's not the point though. I wouldn't say many games. Our defense has carried this team for the majority of 5 years. When we had an established 100 yard per game running game we were hard to beat. Now that we don't have that Bevell is being forced to look at other ways to get the ball moving down field and it seems like he's having trouble.

I agree with the previous post, it sucks seing such an opportunity wasted. When you see defensive performances like this you know something is working really well.

Also Kam wasn't on the field, I wonder how important he really is. :stirthepot: Relax.

Smellyman

Reaction score
mrt144":zw6ym3vo said:

This. Right now he is about as predictable as a fire Bevell thread.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
mrt144":38jrn751 said:
Bitter":38jrn751 said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":38jrn751 said:

What I wrote doesn't exactly read right. As a whole, this is certainly a much better era for Seahawks football. I could have, however, watched a duplicate of Sunday's game in the 90's and been more entertained then frustrated. There really were some good things that happened in Sunday's game, was just near impossible for me to enjoy them in the moment.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":n9ynr513 said:
Bevell's like a student at a science fair that stubbornly tries to build a ferris wheel out of Tinker Toys even after realizing that a couple of key parts are missing and it cannot be done. A smart person makes something else that works with the parts they have; Bevell just keeps trying to fit that square peg in a round hole over, and over, and over, and over.

I guess you enjoy watching that kind of failure. Personally, I find the fact that when his predetermined plan is clearly not working that he winds up looking like a checkers piece on a chess board rather annoying.

hawker84

Reaction score
mrt144":25po7bvq said:

I don't want him fired either, I'd like to see him respectfully forced to resign, quiet like with a swift but graceful exit.

;)