LOL Germain Ifedi calls out PFF

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/GermainX1/status/790984360866361344[/tweet]

Wish he wouldn't do this, but I chuckled anyway. PFF seems to be a hodgepodge of decent analysis and galactic fail.

RussB

Reaction score
I like ifedi alot, hes actually one of the good linemen. But the o line really isnt that good right now.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I want him to go out and prove them wrong on the field.

KillerB

Reaction score
Sadly, the truth hurts. Hopefully this sort of thing can be bulletin board material, motivation. O-line was horrid this week.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Well they may not always be great, but are they really wrong about his and the entire o-lines performance?

Ozzy

Reaction score
PFF is terrible and seeing them on Sunday night football is a joke. Good on Ifedi.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Its good he pays attention to this stuff. He seems like the kind of player that would use this as motivation.

AngryGermain

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Yeah when they had Sherm ranked as the 40th something corner and Earl as the 20th something safety, their rankings became pointless

dukestar

Reaction score
I believe Collingsworth owns a part of PFF so it's not surprising they are on SNF. Regardless, PFF's ranking are made in a vacuum since they really don't know what each lineman's job is on the play so they have to swag it. That alone makes it very subjective. Now using the "eye test" Sunday I think anyone who is not blind would agree our oline was craptastic.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1evxpbut said:
Sgt. Largent":1evxpbut said:
Here's the actual link Ifedi's talking about.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-10 ... fl-action/

Sorry homey, the truth hurts. You guys stunk, and stunk hard.

I wish people would stop saying this. Britt has been pretty decent. So has Glowinski. Ifedi is a rookie who got started late.

Talk about the tackles.

That's what the link showed, that both tackles and Ifedi stunk.

If anyone thinks even one lineman played well Sunday night, they didn't watch the game.

Gilliam - 2 holds
Glowinski - 1 hold
Sowell - 1 hold, 1 false start
Williams - 1 hold
Fant - 1 hold
Ifedi - Unsportsmanlike Conduct

In fact, I can't even think of a game where the O-line played worse. PFF might be a hack site, but our line deserves ALL the criticism this week. Love Ifedi, think he's gonna be great......but to defend that dumpster fire of a unit on Sunday? Nope.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1xkv92i0 said:
Sgt. Largent":1xkv92i0 said:

I wish people would stop saying this. Britt has been pretty decent. So has Glowinski. Ifedi is a rookie who got started late.

Talk about the tackles.

I have been on this since the pre-season. Our tackles are hot garbage. The middle is decent and Britt has been a nice surprise. The only positive I can see is the middle, especially as Ifedi learns and improves. I have been calling out the tackle situation since before the regular season started, yet I was the negative nancy. :roll:
I just call what I see. It is still a glaring weakness and I find myself doing this :pukeface: most of the time.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
You can't have our frugal approach to the OL then put your first round OL picks inside. Those guys HAVE to play outside. I may be an idiot (probably am) but given his draft position and our OL approach Ifedi should be our starting RT. If that wasn't the plan I'd have rather taken Jason Spriggs and put him at LT.

Largent80

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":17j6kfue said:
MontanaHawk05":17j6kfue said:
Sgt. Largent":17j6kfue said:

Talk about the tackles.

I have been on this since the pre-season. Our tackles are hot garbage. The middle is decent and Britt has been a nice surprise. The only positive I can see is the middle, especially as Ifedi learns and improves. I have been calling out the tackle situation since before the regular season started, yet I was the negative nancy. :roll:
I just call what I see. It is still a glaring weakness and I find myself doing this :pukeface: most of the time.

Let's put it this way. Gilliam who was mediocre at best at RT last year was penciled in at LT before the draft.

He was beaten out by Sowell...Hahahahahaha. So back to RT for him and he has regressed there.

NOW since the below average Sowell is gimped we have a LT that didn't even play college ball and is STARTING his first game against the best pass rushers in the NFL.

We are in deep shit here folks because RW is going to play with that brace probably for the rest of the year.

Hawks46

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1i3ltd7c said:
You can't have our frugal approach to the OL then put your first round OL picks inside. Those guys HAVE to play outside. I may be an idiot (probably am) but given his draft position and our OL approach Ifedi should be our starting RT. If that wasn't the plan I'd have rather taken Jason Spriggs and put him at LT.

Why can't you slide them inside first ? I'll give you an example:

Justin Britt was a "reach" at RT, coming out of a spread offense. He was deemed raw and would need an adjustment period to the NFL, in splits, footwork, etc. He started as a rookie and was pretty bad in pass protection, yet good in run blocking. Yet he was deemed a "bust" and a spectacular fail by all the OL "experts" on the internet (I'm not saying .net as it was consistent across a lot of fan sites). So he was put at LG; my theory is that they needed him there more than RT, but most people theorize that he washed out spectacularly and was moved inside. No 2nd year, no other chances.

So he's never played LG, and he fails spectacularly. So he's slid inside to the cacophony of calls of "bust!" from said internet OL experts. Now he's slid inside to Center, which he's never played. He's looking like one of the better Centers in the league in his first year.

You either deal with growing pains on the outside, or you deal with growing pains on the inside. With the glut of spread offenses in college football, it's common knowledge that guys are coming out and taking a year or two to acclimate to the NFL and make an impact.

Maybe, just maybe, Cable learned from that mistake and started Ifedi inside out. I don't think we had a great plan at Tackle, but Gilliam also looks worse than he did last year.