Seahawks LT Bradley Sowell could play Sunday

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7784/bradley-sowell
Seahawks LT Bradley Sowell (knee) thinks he can play this week.
Sowell was carted off with a sprained MCL on Sunday night against Arizona. He was expected to miss multiple weeks, but coach Pete Carroll says he "looks like he's not hurt." Sowell is still on the doubtful side for Week 8. George Fant will likely draw the start in his place. Oct 26 - 7:52 PM
Source: ESPN 710

Doubtful, I know...but this is better news I think.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This may be be some good news that Sowell won't be out for very long.

Let's hope so, and that he won't be on the limp.

All in all this has a vague Wilson like rub some dirt on it and I'll be ready to go flavor to it.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I really want Fant to start and get a game in this week. He learns quickly and I think he could be really, really good.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Oh geez. Replacing Sowell with nobody and just leaving an empty spot in the line would be an improvement from how he's been so far. Why would the team hurry him back?

hawker84

Reaction score
No thanks, go sit your gimpy ass down somewhere. Then again is a gimpy Sowell any worse than a healthy Gilliam or Fant?

Jville

Reaction score
Joe isn't some magic bean that is guaranteed to sprout and thrive any garden or climate.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
I really think that he is concerned about his starting job. He is starting to see the writing on the wall, ifdoesn't come back, another player plays better than he does, sits the bench for the rest of the season.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3g75maf2 said:
I really want Fant to start and get a game in this week. He learns quickly and I think he could be really, really good.

This is silly at best. Fant is a rookie, who played in TWO football games in college, both at tight end. Yes he is extremely athletic and has POTENTIAL but he is not ready to be a starting left tackle in the NFL protecting the Seahawks most important commodity. He absolutely should not be starting this weekend, or any time this season for that matter.

Jville

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3843z4vh said:
Maelstrom787":3843z4vh said:

This is silly at best. Fant is a rookie, who played in TWO football games in college, both at tight end. Yes he is extremely athletic and has POTENTIAL but he is not ready to be a starting left tackle in the NFL protecting the Seahawks most important commodity. He absolutely should not be starting this weekend, or any time this season for that matter.

All is well. I am confident in our successful coaching staff making personnel decisions. Looking forward to seeing this weeks starting lineup. :2thumbs:

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Jville":2hs0wemz said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2hs0wemz said:
Maelstrom787":2hs0wemz said:

All is well. I am confident in our successful coaching staff making personnel decisions. Looking forward to seeing this weeks starting lineup. :2thumbs:

You are whistling past the graveyard.

Jville

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2k1t1ujq said:
Jville":2k1t1ujq said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2k1t1ujq said:
Maelstrom787":2k1t1ujq said:

I am well aware of how poorly you think of members of our coaching staff and player personnel. Its inclusive in the noise they often refer to.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Jville":oqh5t08w said:
CodeWarrior":oqh5t08w said:
Jville":oqh5t08w said:

I am well aware of how poorly you think of members of our coaching staff and player personnel. Its inclusive in the noise they often refer to.

I'd love to share your optimism, I really would, but where does your faith in this staff's approach to fielding an OL come from?

Jville

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2w1i7pxs said:
Jville":2w1i7pxs said:
CodeWarrior":2w1i7pxs said:
Jville":2w1i7pxs said:

I'd love to share your optimism, I really would, but where does your faith in this staff's approach to fielding an OL come from?

Much of the long of it would be dismissed and graded to the side by your plow of "Coach Speech"

So the concise short of it is ..... " IM IN "

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Can a less than 100% Sowell be much worse than a perfectly healthy Sowell?