Seahawks Defense this weekend

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Really worried about them, and wondering if they will be physically ready for the game. I can't imagine that, after the grueling amount of time they spent on the field last week, one week is enough to recover fully. Anyone else concerned about this?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nope, I'm sure Pete lightened up the load for them. They have a deep bench as well, and Kam likely will be back.
Just gonna' enjoy the game and not spend my week worrying. Waste of energy 8)

Nothinbutm

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1otbpa7t said:
Nope, I'm sure Pete lightened up the load for them. They have a deep bench as well, and Kam likely will be back.
Just gonna' enjoy the game and not spend my week worrying. Waste of energy 8)

Ditto.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":bgl6es20 said:
The numbers never lie.

History says they'll lose in New Orleans.

I spent several hours last night going back through the schedule, I have yet to find where the Seahawks have ever won a 2nd road game at 10am, let alone a road game at 10am after a night game. In fact, my eyes got tired before I could find a time that a west coast team has won a 10am road game after a night road game the previous week.

It's hard to even find a west coast team that has won a 10am start after being on the road the previous week. When I do find those games, they usually come down to the wire.

The last west coast team that went on the road for a 2nd week and had a 10am start and played well, that I can see, is was one of the great teams of all time, the 89' 49ers, eventual Super Bowl Champions who blew out the Broncos in the Superbowl 55-10.

They went on the road in an early game and handled the worst Cowboys team in Franchise history... a team that would go 1-15 on the year.

Not confident this weekend at all.

To quote Miracle Max: "Why don't you just give me a papercut and pour some lemon juice on it!"

Boarding the plane now for New Orleans...GO HAWKS!!! We got this!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am pretty sure I saw statistics for teams that went to double overtime and then were the visiting team the next game.

There was an article pointing this out the day after the game, the #s? 0 - 7.

So if the Seahawks manage to overcome the double OT and the travel? They will be the first team to do that.

Maybe with a healthy Wison they could.

But against the #2 or #3 offense in the league (according to the #s) with an injured QB now fighting through new injuries?

That is a tall order.

I am hopeful but not optimistic.

That was one of the reasons that tie sucked so bad, you don't just lose .5 in the standings, after the next week you usually lose 1.5 total in the standings. OT games can be worse than a single loss because they lead to another loss, which is why it is so important to win them.

hawker84

Reaction score
These guys are mid twenties to early 30 year old professional athletes. Who have personal nutritionist as well the team medical training and conditioning staff at there disposal. Plus a week to re-energize, they will be just fine.