We lost to the refs, not the Saints.

knownone

Reaction score
The Hawks didn't play well... but yeah, that was an utter embarrassment for the NFL.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We keep putting ourselves in a situation where, because we do not score in the 1st half, crucial calls can win or lose games for us.

And sometimes that leads to losses.

We know the refs suck. So maybe actually having a sense of urgency like we do when we are playing from behind?

Barakas

Reaction score
they had multiple drive extending penalties. Still....we have HORRIBLE time management and I can't believe they threw a pass to the 10 yard line in the middle of the field with 16 seconds left. They had time for 3 end-zone plays and wasted 14 seconds for an extra 10 yards.

Crizilla

Reaction score
offense scored 13 points. Not good enough to win in that dome

drewba

Reaction score
Not a fan of blaming referees for a loss, but they played a huge hand in this one.

Seahawks - 11 penalties for 76 yards
Saints - 2 penalties for 10 yards

Plus 2 very questionable calls against the Seahawks D when they would have gotten off the field and 2 more non-calls on the Saints that even Mike Periera said were OPI

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":kwy6g4mb said:
We keep putting ourselves in a situation where, because we do not score in the 1st half, crucial calls can win or lose games for us.

And sometimes that leads to losses.

We know the refs suck. So maybe actually having a sense of urgency like we do when we are playing from behind?

The 14 1st half points dosagree with you. There were a least 4 eggregious penalties that even the booth was pointing out.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
No, we lost to he Saints. We're essentially a 4-3 team and playing like one.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
I dunno fellas. 20 penalties in two weeks and a bunch of no calls against the opponent. It's a little weird. The zebras just seem to be going all in. Maybe they read and buy in to the enemy fan forums?

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Saints beat us because they outplayed us. Officiating was poor, but so was our team.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Barakas":3ccggn5p said:
they had multiple drive extending penalties. Still....we have HORRIBLE time management and I can't believe they threw a pass to the 10 yard line in the middle of the field with 16 seconds left. They had time for 3 end-zone plays and wasted 14 seconds for an extra 10 yards.
Live or die on a fade to Kearse rather than 3 jump balls to a 6'7" Graham. Its a real shame.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
My wife and I have been together for 27 years. It wasn't until about 5 years ago that she finally started to understand the game and really started to watch it. Most every game she still has questions about rules and such. This is the first time I have ever heard her comment on the officiating. That's how obviously bad it was. Even the less critical eyes could see it.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2wgfb6te said:
Saints beat us because they outplayed us. Officiating was poor, but so was our team.

Every time the D got a stop the refs stepped in and handed NO a 1st. This was a horribly reffed game. Pereira was calling out both picks that had huge consequences. The holding vs shead was nonexistant. We weren't good enough to overcome that today.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Most of the time I fall on the side of needing to play better to overcome bad officiating. In this case, it was consistently bad, and bad all game long. I am not a conspiracy theorist as far as thinking the NFL steers win loss records, but it sure did seem like a 1 sided game was called, or not called as it were, today. This wasn't one of those "bad call in the last minite" to lose the game deals, but more of a "consistent slant against one team over the other" days.

We do need to get drives going before the 4th qtr though. We should have expected some of those penalties from Fant as he is so green. We are a much better team, and can move the ball efficiently, especially when we are in hurry up mode. Part of this is because the saints were playing prevent scheme, but also had some great plays called from bunched formations.

It really sucks because now we have 3 games that could be tough. I see the patriots as a loss, the bills should be a win, and the eagles a tossup. Could easily be sitting at 5-4-1 at the end of this stretch. Bills shouldn't be too bad, but they are a streaky team so they should not be overlooked. The line really needs to work on its run blocking, and they need to et some more run plays outside the tackles as well to open it up a bit to create holes.