I think We All Need To Chill

seahawksny

Reaction score
For those of us old to enough to remember.

We suffered through over 3 decades of mediocrity and worse.

In 1988, or 2001, or 1991 E.G- we would give our right arms for this. 4 straight playoff appearances, a super bowl win, and a second straight super bowl appearance.

Lets just keep it in perspective. There has NEVER been a better time to be a Seahawk fan- EVER!!!!! PERIOD!!. How can we dispute that?

Also......Right Now, we are the victims of a terrible time for the NFL in terms of officiating, and we have been on the opposite end of it as well. Seattle teams being victims of poor officiating is nothing new.

Yesterday we were missing
Rawls
Bennett
Chancellor
A Hobbled Wilson
Luke Willson- who few have mentioned

To read posts on how we are better off with Boykin is just troubling. Even when Wilson is 100% he has had off days.

Graham? There was a block he threw on a run by Prosise yesterday that pushed the Linebacker (cant remember who he was) like 5 yards back. A TE doesnt have to catch 100 yards and a TD to be productive. He is thre for other reasons. First Drive yesterday, we ran it down their throats. He was a big part of this.

I personally have trouble watching the games because the NFL is putting out a poor product right now, but if we do watch, realize that there are 9 games left to play. Most probably will win the NFCW, and then who knows?

If you had asked me in 1987 if I would take 5 straight playoffs (Oh, and Bevell is and will be part of all 5) ? I would sign up in a heartbeat.

The season is still young

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
seahawksny":34vf8w7g said:
First Drive yesterday, we ran it down their throats. He was a big part of this.

I meant, first drive of second half
Thanks

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
We could be the Jaguars, so be thankful. I was going to say the Browns, but if you are a Browns fan then good chance you are enjoying an NBA Championship and the World Series. So Jags are the new punching bag.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3qmhhcs0 said:
We could be the Jaguars, so be thankful. I was going to say the Browns, but if you are a Browns fan then good chance you are enjoying an NBA Championship and the World Series. So Jags are the new punching bag.

If Browns fans are complaining they may as well find a new city to live in.
One win away from two championships in 6 months

Plus this is nothing new for the browns

2_0_6

Reaction score
As fans were are SPOILED. In the late 90's if you would have told me we would have ben 4-2-1 after 7 I would have been ecstatic.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":dm40pj51 said:

We were the Jags. For a long long long long time.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
This is all nice and everything but this feels like my Grandmother telling me to finish my plate because people are starving in China :lol: . I understand the perspective the OP is talking about but thankfully we are experiencing new standards as Seahawk fans. Once you rent an apartment with a dishwasher you never go back. Once you buy a house you never want to rent an apartment again. Mediocrity is not acceptable.

There has been a lot of overreaction (bench Wilson) but I will continue to be extremely critical of this offense because it is putrid, as it was in the 90s (I'm guessing by mid season we'll be rolling again). I also refuse to eat lima beans, wash dishes by hand or deal with apartment management.

Krieg's list

Reaction score
What better way to wash down a foul-tasting loss than with a big ol' cup of patronization.

Rather than starting a "voice of reason" thread to condescend upon all of .NET, how about addressing the specific posters in the relevant threads?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks lose these 10 am games from time to time. They used to really struggle with the time difference, and have done better in recent years. But the fact remains, this franchise had always struggled on the road and at 10 am, regardless of the opponent.

New Orleans played a good game. Whine about the officiating all you want, the Saints took advantage of their opportunities while Seattle let some slip by.

We're still (technically) 2 games over .500 and leading the division. This loss isn't the end of the season. If anything, hopefully it serves as a springboard and a wake up call.

Remember the Lions game 5 years ago, or the Colts game four years ago, the Chiefs game two years ago or the Rams loss last season? Those are a few examples of road 10 am losses this version of the Seahawks have suffered. Did they quit and go home after those? No, they rebounded and kicked butt for the rest of the season. The Bills better be ready, because this team is hungry and angry

edogg23

Reaction score
I would agree is this was the first game the offense was non existent, but this is 2 games in a row. It's pretty clear the offense is completely lost out there and it's disturbing to watch with the amount of talent we have.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I disagree.

When we need to score, or get behind, we suddenly find a way to march up the field.

Even at the end of this game, we found a way to march up the field and got in the RZ, with almost no time to work with at all.

The problem is not that we cannot move the ball, the problem is we seem to have other priorities if we are not playing from behind. We are OK with taking time off the clock and moving the ball a bit to play field position, then leaning on our defense to force a few punts to keep us in it. But when the other team takes the lead, we start playing to move the ball quickly and often go right back into scoring position to at least take the lead or keep it close.

Now scoring TDs? That apparently we are terrible at. But the offense is not the problem, the unwillingness of the offense to commit to scoring is. We don't see punting the ball as failure, so we repeatedly accept stalled drives as acceptable. But when it isn't? We seem to have no trouble getting back to score, which means this is more about will than talent.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Nice Trojan horse endorsementioned of Bevell you snuck in there, justifying his value by claiming he's been success-adjacent.

Dickey Simpkins got two championship rings with the Chicago Bulls, you think he's the reason they went all the way?

Bevell is standing in the glow of success, but he's not the one glowing.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":9qtnin4p said:
Nice Trojan horse endorsementioned of Bevell you snuck in there, justifying his value by claiming he's been success-adjacent.

Dickey Simpkins got two championship rings with the Chicago Bulls, you think he's the reason they went all the way?

Dickey Simpkins was not in starting 5. was not the 6th or even then 7th-12th man on that team. I'm not even sure if he played more than 5 minutes in the 2 championships u refer.

Bevell on the other hand, has been involved in every play called on this team for the last 5 years so I really don't understand the connection you're making

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
Krieg's list":2py4ae5o said:
What better way to wash down a foul-tasting loss than with a big ol' cup of patronization.

Rather than starting a "voice of reason" thread to condescend upon all of .NET, how about addressing the specific posters in the relevant threads?

Dont have time to respond to all threads.
Apparently nobody who responded so far felt I was condescending.

irocdave

Reaction score
I'll just toss it out there, the Hawks have gotten some really favorable calls over the past 3 years, even consistent calls during a game that may have influenced the outcome. Did I like it when it happened, hell no. The Hawks have been on the wrong end of bad calls since the late 80's so it was easy to just say "F it., this is a make up call". What happened Sunday is a clear indication that the NFL feels they are done with the decades of pay back calls and now it's back to prove your relevance or STFU and get back in your hole.

THAT is the cold hard experience from my 46 years of watching the NFL program. Yes, the Hawks got screwed, but the Hawks O is so bad nobody is going to listen to the whining of Hawk fans or players bitching about officiating that guided the team to a loss. If your outraged about this then it's obvious you were not watching Hawk games in the early to late 90's. This shit was common place then. If this team wants to keep this from happening again, Russell Wilson needs to play much better. The younger members need to learn some Hawk history and look at the Hawks 92 season. Having a dominate defense didn't mean shit when the offense is historically bad.

edogg23

Reaction score
seahawksny":1bf6j65e said:
WindCityHawk":1bf6j65e said:

Dickey Simpkins was not in starting 5. was not the 6th or even then 7th-12th man on that team. I'm not even sure if he played more than 5 minutes in the 2 championships u refer.

Bevell on the other hand, has been involved in every play called on this team for the last 5 years so I really don't understand the connection you're making

What if I told you that Bevell is not involved in the play calling of the final drives the Hawks always go on and suddenly move the ball, but is involved in every other drive?

HawksHawksHawks

Reaction score
seahawksny":335r4nn2 said:
Rawls
Bennett
Chancellor
A Hobbled Wilson

I think Hobbled Wilson played actually.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
HawksHawksHawks":10i9waf8 said:
seahawksny":10i9waf8 said:
Rawls
Bennett
Chancellor
A Hobbled Wilson

I think Hobbled Wilson played actually.

Thats what I meant
Thanks

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
edogg23":2jllecrd said:
seahawksny":2jllecrd said:
WindCityHawk":2jllecrd said:

What if I told you that Bevell is not involved in the play calling of the final drives the Hawks always go on and suddenly move the ball, but is involved in every other drive?

Then i suggest you, like myself suggest to everyone that the game isn't won or lost on final drive/play.

Not a bevelled fan, but never once did I suggest to fire him after the last play of Super Bowl 49... we did not lose that game or any game because of that play

What You are saying proves my point even more... he has been the OC for Five Seasons now.... most of those games wins, and not because it was won or lost on the final drive

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Its just football. It's meant to be entertaining.

The Hawks are entertaining. They are frustrating, exciting, successful...