Seahawks Grades: CJ Prosise gets over 100 yards vs the Saint

Jville

Reaction score
Usa today 96434350
Well done review on CJ Prosis first extended action >>>> [urltargetblank]http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/11/2/13482608/seahawks-grades-cj-prosise-gets-over-100-yards-vs-the-saints[/urltargetblank]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNFL/status/793903948566519808[/tweet]

Rookie class is now making itself known >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/11/01/seahawks-rookie-class-beginning-make-impact[/urltargetblank]

P.S. Some of us actually enjoy positive threads. This my latest attempt to start one.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I try man but I can't when a player has not done much like A.Collins..CJ did well but its his health that drives me crazy.I hope he can stay out there from here on out

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2vprf1oh said:
I try man but I can't when a player has not done much like A.Collins..CJ did well but its his health that drives me crazy.I hope he can stay out there from here on out
Collins may have made that play as easily as CJ, may even have broken that ankle tackle and scored.

Time will tell with both if they get enough opportunities, but I suspect that Rawls will be the featured back for about 'everything' by December.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He's got Forte like potential as a pass catcher, and flashed as a runner at ND. I still think he was worth where he was drafted. Just gotta stay healthy.

Rat

Reaction score
Good on Prosise. I wanted to see him in game action before cutting C.J. Spiller, and he showed me wrong.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I know he's a "3rd down back" but I would like to see him in the game more. See if he can make more plays. Cant do much worse than the RBs this year. He did a lot of good things at Notre Dame.

The Forte comparison is kind of undercutting. I have higher hopes for CJP.

Mojambo

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3rkhjs4d said:

Dude. In his prime, Matt Forte was a straight baller.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Mojambo":r724aft0 said:
seahawkfreak":r724aft0 said:

Yeah, strange post. I hope Prosise can be half the player Forte was.

chet380

Reaction score
Mojambo":2gz9ff40 said:
seahawkfreak":2gz9ff40 said:

And still is -- this kid will be lucky to be half the player Forte was, and is.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Stoked to see him develop and hopefully take over for Michael. But like others have said, if he's half of what Forte was or is, that's a good thing.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
CJ is bigger than I thought he was. No reason given his build he can't be a between the tackles runner. Just hope he can hold up.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
From Pete's press conferences this week, it sure sounds like he's fed up with the broken run game/Michael regressing and is going to let Russell throw it around a little more this week with Prosise a much bigger part of the offense.

Fine by me, cause I'm sure tired of seeing Michael tackle himself, run out of bounds a yard shy of the first and Russell have less than 2 seconds to throw. So why not give Prosise more snaps if we can move him around, line him up outside, screen game, etc.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
It's amazing that Prosise overcame the bust label placed on him on Seahawks.net after his two career games before that. Truly heroic.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
What will make the bigger difference than who gets the carries is when the OL starts clicking together as a unit. It's possible that improved blocking will coincide with the return of Rawls, and most of us will both credit him and discredit CMike.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":18i4qad2 said:
What will make the bigger difference than who gets the carries is when the OL starts clicking together as a unit. It's possible that improved blocking will coincide with the return of Rawls, and most of us will both credit him and discredit CMike.

I've already discredited CMike, and so has Pete............that's why he's talking about Prosise being more involved.

Pete doesn't like the way CMike runs, just not the back we like in this offense. Not physical enough, just doesn't have that grit and toughness Pete loves.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3cbjyk2q said:
LeftHandSmoke":3cbjyk2q said:

I've already discredited CMike, and so has Pete............that's why he's talking about Prosise being more involved.

Pete doesn't like the way CMike runs, just not the back we like in this offense. Not physical enough, just doesn't have that grit and toughness Pete loves.
There are several ways to interpret Pete's comments. For all we know, Pete has no expectation that CJ can cut it as hard into the hole as what CM does. What's more likely is CJ making the 5 TD's on a very-quick-hit pass, on 1st or 2nd down.

There's a decent Kearse Words posted at SH.com somewhere with Rawls, did anyone post the link yet?

Hawks46

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3bd25a3g said:
I know he's a "3rd down back" but I would like to see him in the game more. See if he can make more plays. Cant do much worse than the RBs this year. He did a lot of good things at Notre Dame.

He's not a scat back like most 3rd down backs. The reason Pete picked him up at as "3rd down" back is that he was a WR before he switched to RB at ND. He was looked at as a bit raw as a pure runner, but he has great hands and runs as good of routes as you can expect from any RB. His skill set was suited for 3rd downs, and I think Pete saw the writing on the wall that we needed a reliable weapon out of the backfield for a quicker passing game, a downfield threat, and a safety valve dumpoff.

His size enables him to be a better blocker than a CJ Spiller type of 3rd down back. I theorize that the coaching staff wants to work him into the rotation and just thought he might need a year or two.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":310h9t3x said:
Sgt. Largent":310h9t3x said:
LeftHandSmoke":310h9t3x said:

There are several ways to interpret Pete's comments. For all we know, Pete has no expectation that CJ can cut it as hard into the hole as what CM does. What's more likely is CJ making the 5 TD's on a very-quick-hit pass, on 1st or 2nd down.

There's a decent Kearse Words posted at SH.com somewhere with Rawls, did anyone post the link yet?

I don't think anyone's thinking Prosise is replacing C-Mike as the primary back.

I think Pete's talking about getting him more series to take advantage of his athleticism and quickness........kinda like some Percy Harvin type packages. Screens, flat routes, short crossing, jet sweeps, etc.

And that means less series for C-Mike, that's all I was saying.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":e624k4xy said:
LeftHandSmoke":e624k4xy said:
Sgt. Largent":e624k4xy said:
LeftHandSmoke":e624k4xy said:

I don't think anyone's thinking Prosise is replacing C-Mike as the primary back.

I think Pete's talking about getting him more series to take advantage of his athleticism and quickness........kinda like some Percy Harvin type packages. Screens, flat routes, short crossing, jet sweeps, etc.

And that means less series for C-Mike, that's all I was saying.
Agree.

PC sounds today like they are going to unshackle RW starting soon, maybe even Monday, from the limits he's been under lately to try protect him. Said they have been considering for each of the past five games whether to rest him or not. And, he said it's no longer a consideration starting this week.

Anyone, or several players, could break out. Even CMike if it works to throw the D into confusion.