Sherman: 5 Toughest Receivers

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sherman's article at the Player Tribune this week discusses the 5 toughest WRs he's ever had to cover

Good write up, including OBJ, Julio Jones, Brandon Marshall, Larry Fitzgerald, Antonio Brown (along with AJ Green). For a little bonus, he adds in a bit about Baldwin as well. Pretty good read.

Doug Baldwin

This one is kind of a bonus, and it’s not just me pumping my guy up. Doug is my guy — has been since our days at Stanford — but I honestly believe he’s one of the best receivers in the game. And I go up against him every day in practice, so nobody sees him more than I do.

For Doug, it all starts at the line of scrimmage. I think he has some of the most explosive releases in the league. But also, at the top of his route, no matter what the route might be, he’s equally explosive. We can talk about hand fighting and changing speeds and physicality all we want. But when it comes to Doug, it’s all about creativity.

Football has been played for a long time. Just about everything you can try on a football field has been tried before in one form or another. But Doug is guy who continues to push the envelope. Every day, he is looking for a new move, a new release, or a new way to delay the timing of his route. It takes incredible footwork to do that, but also a tremendous amount of discipline and athleticism.....

[urltargetblank]http://www.theplayerstribune.com/richard-sherman-seahawks-toughest-receivers-ive-ever-covered/[/urltargetblank]

ivotuk

Reaction score
Nice find. I keep forgetting about that site. It's really cool to read things from the perspective of an active player, as opposed to the talking heads online, most of whom have never played the game.

Latest posts