I feel like I'm losing...

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Faith in this season.

Injuries are really piling up. Lost Morgan, Q Jeff, Ifedi was out for a bit, Rawls is still down, Kam - who knows when he is coming back, Baldwin, Lock, Wilson and Willson. And now Bennett.

It just seems like we're never going to be healthy enough to know just how good we could have been this year. And it's a shame.

I hope I'm wrong, and we're able to either get guys back or get contributions from others. It just seems like we're in an endless pattern of week in and week out "we hope to have him back next week"

OP
OP
tmobilchawker79

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Doug n Tyler both got knee injuries in the Rams game and have both been slow since.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's hard not to feel that way quite frankly. It will be one hell of a finish though if we can pull through the Injury Bug.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Frankly, I think we are lucky to be sitting where we are with the division and conference looking like it does. It hasn't been the start we were expecting, but there's no reason to be giving up hope yet.

Hawks46

Reaction score
While it sure doesn't seem like we have it this year with all the injuries and how poorly our offense is playing, it sure doesn't seem like anyone else has it either.

The Panthers are pretty bad.
The Cardinals look out of sorts as well. Good defense, but their WR's are either hurt or just not looking dominant. Palmer is aging, and they don't have an answer at the most important position in the game.
Falcons look decent, but that defense isn't championship caliber.
Cowboys look pretty good, but same thing with their defense.
Vikings offense looks even worse than ours.
Packers are inconsistent and Rodgers looks out of sorts at times.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I'm not as confident as I was at the start of the season but how many fans of any team can still claim that at mid-season? We're still comfortably in first place in the NFC West and currently hold the 3rd seed for the play-offs. We're probably spoiled, I mean how many other teams would kill for a situation like this.

There's also plenty to be hopeful about. Last year a struggling Broncos team made the play-offs at the last possible second and ended up winning the Superbowl off the back of a great defense. On the other hand an amazing regular season doesn't guarantee a Superbowl win either. The team the Broncos beat were the 15-1 Panthers who everyone had already penciled in as champs. Or look at the 2007 Patriots who went 16-0 and still fell short in the end.

Let's start worrying when we'll have to win out to even have a chance at the play-offs, how it currently stands we could win the west with as few as 9 or 10 wins.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
Later 'gator.

Sorry. Just kidding. Had to.

Not losing faith at all but it's been a tough road so far. However, there's a LOT of football left to be played. Need to get some guys healthy. Need a spark to the offense and off we go. The rear view memory will be short.

12thbrah

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Seems like every game is a coin flip right now.

Good thing is despite this team's struggles they are still first place in their division. We are a spoiled fanbase complaining so much :lol:

Krieg's list

Reaction score
Overseasfan":2a73f7v5 said:
There's also plenty to be hopeful about. Last year a struggling Broncos team made the play-offs at the last possible second and ended up winning the Superbowl off the back of a great defense.

Um... hard to take anything else you say seriously when you either just make stuff up or have no clue. The Broncos were the #1 seed in the AFC and home field advantage was key in advancing past NE in the conference final. I'd hardly call that making the playoffs at the last possible second. :roll:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, 1st place and after tonight they'll be sitting at 5-2-1. All that with a crap O Line and a lot of major guys injured. Plenty of guys will be back in the mix soon, Bennett/Kam/Rawls/Willson etc.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If Russell and Rawls can get back to at least 75-80% of their health? Then we'll be fine, and this offense should start to turn it around.

But if Rawls can't make it back and Russell continues to look like this version of Russell the rest of the year? Then yes, my faith will be sapped more and more each week. Cause right now this version of the Hawks is not capable of winning a SB.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Seriously boo hoo.. things have been far from perfect and abhorrent at times, but 4-2-1 probably a top 5 record after 7 games in the history of this franchise and is better than it has been 3/4 years.. second best start under Pete Carroll..

2012 4-3
2013 6-1
2014 4-3
2015 3-4

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Barthawk":3nyuwser said:
Seriously boo hoo.. things have been far from perfect and abhorrent at times, but 4-2-1 probably a top 5 record after 7 games in the history of this franchise and is better than it has been 3/4 years.. second best start under Pete Carroll..

2012 4-3
2013 6-1
2014 4-3
2015 3-4
This needed to be pointed out .."Thank You" as for the injuries sometimes you have to ride out the storm before the sun shines..GO HAWKS!!!