Sherman, officials, no fine, admission of guilt?

nwHawk

Reaction score
I fully believed that Richard's comments after the New Orleans game might have cost him some money, but he did not get fined and the league also said 3 of the calls were wrong. Was that a slight, "slide it under tbe rug" and hope no one was watching moment? If there was wrong doing on the officials end, wouldn't the NFL come out and say they need to educate their crews better? I glad he stood up ad said something.

Rob12

Reaction score
Fining them for speaking the truth would be bad PR for the NFL right now. Not that it's mattered in the past but the NFL needs to chill on fining players for voicing what nearly all of the viewership knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
He shouldn't get fined. The NFL officiating is piss poor. Holmy didn't get fined after XL* for saying what he did, because the NFL knew he was right and they wanted folks calling them out over it to go away so they could sweep it under the rug, if they fined Holmy and that's like pouring gas on the fire and would have kept th discussion raging on even longer.

Pretty much the same after the N.O. game, anyone that isn't blind could see the series of bad calls/no calls that went against Seattle, and Sherm made his points in a sneaky but intelligent manner.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rob12":1ka6yvn6 said:
Fining them for speaking the truth would be bad PR for the NFL right now. Not that it's mattered in the past but the NFL needs to chill on fining players for voicing what nearly all of the viewership knows.

BINGO!

HawkGA

Reaction score
Rob12":24cvar7l said:

Well, somebody got fined for criticizing the refs. I can't seem to find the article now but I'm certain I saw it somewhere.

Threedee

Reaction score
All Sherman has to do is send the audio of the broadcast in with his fine. The commentators were perplexed about all of the bad calls, as well, meaning a national audience knows he was correct. That's probably why no fine.