Offsides negates personal fouls?

a_gumbel

Reaction score
I love Sherman but that play was a little off. Clearly off, then hit kicker low but only offsides is assessed? I mean once a drive the d should jump offsides and truck the qb if that's the precedent. Y'all can't bitch about reffing y'all got gifted that last sequence.

OP
OP
A

a_gumbel

Reaction score
There were two whistles and he got through clean. No block. We watching the same game?

JustTheTip

Reaction score
That play was 100% called correctly by the officials.

getnasty

Reaction score
Not sure why it would be roughing the kicker if he touched the ball?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
JSeahawks":hw0qmwg5 said:
Bitter":hw0qmwg5 said:

Absolutely.

God, the media are idiots.

They didnt blow the whistle, so they werent calling unabaited. If they would have kicked it, it would have counted.

Then Sherm hit the ball before he ever hit the kicker, so roughing the kicker is not even a possible outcome.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
No one is mentioning that Sherman actually touched the ball before the kick which means he can legally run into the kicker. It is an absolute joke that they are trying to spin this against the Seahawks when so many BS calls went against us.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1478581412931.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1478581412931.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 2,271
  • uploadfromtaptalk1478581427553.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1478581427553.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 2,271

JustTheTip

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ac5r4asn said:
JSeahawks":ac5r4asn said:
Bitter":ac5r4asn said:

Absolutely.

They didnt blow the whistle, so they werent calling unabaited. If they would have kicked it, it would have counted.

Then Sherm hit the ball before he ever hit the kicker, so roughing the kicker is not even a possible outcome.
Actually, they did call unabated but were late to blow their whistles. No time came off the clock and the call over the intercom was unabated.

Sherman actually paused briefly, the realized the ball was being snapped and there was no whistles, so he continued on.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I have been screaming all night at the talking heads that Sherman touched the ball so it was called correctly. They don't seem to be hearing me.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
HawkFan72":wydg5tw7 said:
I have been screaming all night at the talking heads that Sherman touched the ball so it was called correctly. They don't seem to be hearing me.

We noticed it on the replay right after the play and have been saying it since and they won't mention it all all. They don't want to hear it.

SFVikeFan

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1ls9dwai said:
Bitter":1ls9dwai said:

Absolutely.

LMAO .... then count Dean Blandino among them. Nobody outside of Seattle will buy that garbage.

That was an absolute travesty of officiating to end the half.

Blandino already on Twitter to admit the refs screwed up bigtime not calling Roughing the Kicker, and nfl.com blasted the crew for how they botched the last 3 secs before half: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ahawks-and-refs-have-bizarre-firsthalf-finish

Officiating this year is downright embarrassing, but that's the worst I've seen all year. I think we can put to rest the whole "refs conspiring against Seattle" theories. Sherman knew he was blatantly offsides and still went full-bore diving his shoulder right into the kicker's plant leg ... how he doesn't get flagged for Roughing the Kicker is mind-boggling.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SFVikeFan":xbhu0gxk said:
JSeahawks":xbhu0gxk said:
Bitter":xbhu0gxk said:

Absolutely.

LMAO .... then count Dean Blandino among them. Nobody outside of Seattle will buy that garbage.

Blandino already on Twitter to admit the refs screwed up bigtime not calling Roughing the Kicker, and nfl.com blasted the crew for how they botched the last 3 secs before half: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ahawks-and-refs-have-bizarre-firsthalf-finish

Officiating this year is downright embarrassing, but that's the worst I've seen all year. I think we can put to rest the whole "refs conspiring against Seattle" theories. Sherman knew he was blatantly offsides and still went full-bore diving his shoulder right into the kicker's plant leg ... how he doesn't get flagged for Roughing the Kicker is mind-boggling.

Learn the rules. First of all, play to the whistle. There was no whistle. Second, if Sherman hits the ball, which he clearly did, by rule there is no roughing the kicker.

Now if you want to say the refs screwed up by not blowing the whistle and ending the play.... Absolutely.

Smellyman

Reaction score
SFVikeFan":opqmu42b said:
JSeahawks":opqmu42b said:
Bitter":opqmu42b said:

Absolutely.

Nobody will buy the actual rules of the rule book?

That is how bad Seattle is hated...

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SFVikeFan":xvnngscc said:
JSeahawks":xvnngscc said:
Bitter":xvnngscc said:

Absolutely.

Dean Blandino is a moron.

And if the "outside of Seattle" viewers don't know the rules, well then I guess they are morons also.

Perhaps YOU should learn the rules so you don't embarrass yourself as you just did.

SFVikeFan

Reaction score
Hawkpower":uawjlhig said:
SFVikeFan":uawjlhig said:
JSeahawks":uawjlhig said:
Bitter":uawjlhig said:

Absolutely.

Dean Blandino is a moron.

And if the "outside of Seattle" viewers don't know the rules, well then I guess they are morons also.

Perhaps YOU should learn the rules so you don't embarrass yourself as you just did.

LMAO ... right the Head of Officiating doesn't understand the rules. So please explain this: Why doesn't every team in the NFL blatantly jump offsides to beat the snapcount, knowing if they touch the ball they can legally and deliberately drive their shoulder into the Kicker's plant leg and take out the other team's Kicker because the worst thing that can happen according to you is a 5 yard penalty? If it's only a 5 yd offside penalty then why doesn't every NFL team send a guy screaming off the edge to get a free shot at the other team's Kicker?

It'll be interesting what the NFL has to say about the call tomorrow if it's Roughing or not ... funny how former NFL player Charles Woodson doesn't know the rules either, as he too said it's blatantly Roughing the Kicker. I guess only Seahawk fans know the rules, ha.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Had the refs whistled the play dead then yes its unnecessary roughing. They did not however so the play is still live. Given that it was still live Sherman did his best to block the kick ultimately blocking it and then running into the kicker. That is not roughing the kicker and is why they did not flag him.
If you can't understand this then just leave because your clearly not here to understand the rules.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I can't believe how many people seem to forget the touching ball rule. It's not like it's new.

renofox

Reaction score
SFVikeFan":1koqxii4 said:
So please explain this: Why doesn't every team in the NFL blatantly jump offsides to beat the snapcount, knowing if they touch the ball they can legally and deliberately drive their shoulder into the Kicker's plant leg and take out the other team's Kicker because the worst thing that can happen according to you is a 5 yard penalty?

Because competent NFL coaches do not design plays which count on incompetent officials failing to blow the whistle?