Take aways from tonight's game

zchurch74

Reaction score
Penalties and MISSED tackles. What is up wih tackling this year. We have to stop tryin to arm tackle.

We already know Pete isn't going to do anything about offside penalties.

33 yards rushing. Any stat geeks out there know how this compares to franchise low?

Hendo66

Reaction score
Once again, destroyed in time of possession

No run game

D cant get off the field

Should have come out after halftime and put it on them, instead did everything to keep them in it or give it away.....

Crizilla

Reaction score
a win is a win is a win

lack of rushing, and only scoring 3 points in the 2nd half is concerning

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If Kearse holds on to that ball we add another TD and put it away without the drama. Since Jimmy is making the tuff catches Kearse isn't. Maybe we can get some value out of him and use it on a tackle?

RW92

Reaction score
Hendo66":ux50qro8 said:

No run game

D cant get off the field

Should have come out after halftime and put it on them, instead did everything to keep them in it or give it away.....

The lack of a consistent pass rush next week will hurt us more than a lack of running. We need to find the best athletes on the team who can not only pursue the run but also put pressure on the QB and play them the most. Sub only when they are tired.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
1. Pass rush couldn't get home

2. Special teams has struggled lately

3. No running game

4. At least two 80 yard drives by Buffalo with dink/dunk passes

5. Buffalo converted on a number of 3rd and 8+

6. Ifedi struggled at times

The good...

1. Russ and No E look to be getting their burst back

2. Nice win. There was a graphic that this is Buffalo's first loss against NFCW

3. KPL was back

4. D Moore looked awesome

5. A week closer to getting healthy (Kam, Bennett, Willson, Rawls)

McGruff

Reaction score
RW92":23wldhe3 said:
Hendo66":23wldhe3 said:

No run game

D cant get off the field

The lack of a consistent pass rush next week will hurt us more than a lack of running. We need to find the best athletes on the team who can not only pursue the run but also put pressure on the QB and play them the most. Sub only when they are tired.

I thought our pass rush was outstanding tonight. SURE there are going to be plays every game where the OL holds up, but overall we made Taylor move alot. But he is so strong and smart it the ball. Just tough to coral him and bring him down.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I now know what fans of other teams feel like when Wilson scrambles and comes up with great plays.
So frustrating but man was Taylor good tonight.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
By virtue of that tie, we are currently #2 in the NFC at .688, a half game ahead of Minnesota.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
My biggest takeaway:

Russell looked amazing this game for the most part. But the running game seriously needs to get going. We can't rely on Russell to win the game with no rushing attack to help set up play action.

Luckily tonight Buffalo was biting really hard on play action

ARhawk

Reaction score
Tyrod Taylor, LeSean McCoy, and Robert Woods were sensational tonight. Im jealous of McCoy. He turned a ton of negative or no gain plays into decent gains.

evergreen

Reaction score
Long live the tie! Yeah if you're young you wont get this, but it was like chasing Elway back there. Just about to get him and he hits the open guy who breaks a tackle. Make a freakin tackle! We missed so many tackles. McCoy was greased up...

Polaris

Reaction score
I am relatively pleased. Relatively because the defense has to do a better job of getting off the field...but to be fair (since I've seen their other games) Ryan had the Buffalo Bills playing out of their minds tonight. A lot of what kept our defense on the field were some really spectacular plays on their part.

Also remember how much the defense has been leaned on. It's probably no wonder they are bending a bit....but did *not* break at the very end when it really, really mattered.

What pleases me is that we were able to take full advantage of a suspect Bills secondary and scored an honest to god 31 points purely by offense. For once the Offense bailed out the Defense. Not only that but while it's not what I'd rather have, it would seem that for now we've made an admission to reality. We can't run it so we are going to be a pass-first team with a traditional pocket QB. I am sure we will catch on fire with our traditional formula when everyone (read Wilson and Rawls) is healthier, but a win is a win is a win.

BTW, expect the national idiots to whine about how Dirty Sherman was. He wasn't. I have a message to those outside the Seattle area: READ THE RULES. If the player contacts the ball first, roughing is not a possible penalty. Period. Also if the receiver is outside the pocket, receivers LOSE protection and can be blasted.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Sure was frustrating seeing so many almost-tackles only to see them get yards. Bills did a great job avoiding total-loss tackles, rendering them mere fender benders that didn't stop the play. Tyrod reminded me of pre-injury Russ a few times, keeping a play alive by eluding defenders and throwing on the run. Was hoping Bills would dethrone Pats in the AFC-East this season, but not looking likely. What a bunch of absolute pukes for not dethroning the Pats, I mean, great game Bills, you guys have my respect.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
That was a pretty tough opponent tonight. Buffalo has a good team and has beaten NE this year. They played ad very good game.

They had a good gameplan and ran it well against our normally stout run D. They controlled the TOP and this now is the 3rd game in a row the D has had trouble getting off the field. They bend but don't break when it counts. ItS becoming concerning to me.

To me it seemed as if the D refused to lose. Wilson did enough but is playing frightened of getting thumped again. The O looked good at times but was frustrating to watch when they ran the ball. The passing game was special and terrific. The run blocking needs to improve as every RB was being hit at or behind the LOS except on a few rare occasions. Graham was spectacular, trade him? Baldwin was used early but oddly not late, No E was special and eventually caused them to kick away from giving him a return possible chance. He was pretty solid receiving as we're all the WRs and TEs. Seriously, trade Graham? What are you smoking Bro? The first one of his 2 TDs was outstanding, a one handed catch while his left arm was being pulled on. Doubt theFO would agree to trade him for anything. He's franchise player.

A return to health by a few guys on D and perhaps the team can flip the TOP. Run blocking is critical though. The run game needs to improve, I doubt it's got anything to do with any RB and is all on the OLine.

Was nervous, but it was a good W.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
The Bill ran ALOT of different formations at the seahawks. They have a really go o-line and it showed. Missing Bennett really hurt us. Would have been nice to have Kam take on some of those pulls from Richie Incognito.

The offense looked really in sync. Can't run the ball but Wilson is making throws when he needs to. If the ball doesn't pop that ball out of Kearse then the game would have been out of reach. We are throwing the ball down field and its creating big time catches and penalties. We need to keep that going into next week against a not-so-good NE secondary.

We are really missing Bruce Irvin more than people think. Coyle was serviceable but he doesn't have the speed nor the strength that Irvin possessed. I wish we were able to keep him. Again, another player that the Kearse signing cost us. We could have had him or Okung if we didn't resign Kearse IMO.

Earl Thomas is playing lights out. He sputtered early in the season but hes making the plays in the run game the past few weeks likes we are used to seeing. If he can get to some balls and create more turnovers it will help this defense out some more.

If Bobby Wagner or KJ go down we are doomed. Both play lights out and KJ is very underpaid.

Though Baldwin isn't catching TDs hes making some great plays. Obviously there were the 2 deep balls that he caught one and draw a penalty on another(which if you looked at the replay he was already a few steps behind the ball and probably wouldn't have made the catch) but the little rub routes and WR screens are a nice way to make up for a lacking run game.

Christine Michael is taking a lot of flack for not producing but the guy literally has NO LANES to run. Yes there was the one play where he ran in the RG, but besides that one play, we literally can't run block for the life of us. Sometimes o-lineman will block harder for certain runningbacks and we need to hope that will be the case when Rawls comes back.

Jimmy Graham is a beast. Anyone catch that stat? Hes 2nd in the league in yards for TEs. Anyone think we aren't using him correctly? Another huge night for him on key plays. The dude can catch everything. I'd like to see him run some more quick slat patterns like would in N.O. but if this is working who am I to say different.

Last but not least. Russell Wilson. Hes making the throws that count even with this crappy o-line. Was it both JG tds that he had to throw off his back foot? The first for sure. He got crushed and still threw it on the dime. Did you see the throws he made when he actually had time? Wow, just wow. I think we are going to see him run more as the season goes on. I also think that John Schneider is going to again invest heavily in next years draft on this o-line. We will probably see 3 more draft picks and a FA signing or 2. What Russell Wilson will be able to do with a decent o-line will be scary for the NFL.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Our Defense is gassed and there's no letup next week.

Offense really needs to stay on the field more and give our D a break.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Russ is nearing 100%, Graham is unstoppable, Avril is playing at an All-Pro level, Wagner might be having his best season yet and it looks like Lockett might be back as well.

The lack of running game sucks but I feel slightly more confident after this game. Still predicting a loss against NE but we won't be without chances.