George Fant

ARhawk

Reaction score
I'm no expert, but I thought he played a great game against the league leader in sacks. Other than his clipping penalty, I cant think of a play where he made a big mistake. He obviously wasnt perfect, but he looks very promising. Im excited to see him develop and hope he can be a franchise LT

McGruff

Reaction score
ARhawk":2uhoeie2 said:
I'm no expert, but I thought he played a great game against the league leader in sacks. Other than his clipping penalty, I cant think of a play where he made a big mistake. He obviously wasnt perfect, but he looks very promising. Im excited to see him develop and hope he can be a franchise LT

Overall I thought Fant was fantastic and the growth over he last 3 weeks is fun to see.

HawkerD

Reaction score
ARhawk":2nht1vzx said:
He had some rough plays. Gave up at least one sack. But there's is potential there and for a guy playing his second game it is promising. Our bar in Seattle is low.

getnasty

Reaction score
Gave up at least 1 sack and had a chop block penalty, I have yet to see anything to be excited about but i'll hold out hope.

OP
OP
ARhawk

ARhawk

Reaction score
McGruff":1entkql3 said:
ARhawk":1entkql3 said:

Overall I thought Fant was fantastic and the growth over he last 3 weeks is fun to see.
Its incredible isnt it? Unbelievable that he is playing, and playing well, after never playing O-line in his life

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
It is obvious that he still has a lot to learn.....but he is doing the best he can.....and it's better than anyone else in that position.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
He couldn't stop his man but he did find a way to slow him some. Better to be a speed bump than a turnstile .

Hawkpower

Reaction score
getnasty":2afabzir said:
Gave up at least 1 sack and had a chop block penalty, I have yet to see anything to be excited about but i'll hold out hope.

What should give you hope is that he is better than our other options and he has now started two games since he was barely shaving.

Ceiling SHOULD be pretty high, if you think about it.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
It is very exciting.

I'm interested in what happens at both tackle positions when Sowell gets healthy.

Gilliam bench maybe?

NJlargent

Reaction score
Fant played well, actually he's a pleasant surprise. Looks like Walt compared to Gilliam or sowell

evergreen

Reaction score
Did you see the shots of him dunking and playing basketball? he's a freak! He could be a real success!

Natethegreat

Reaction score
He is better than Gilliam who was getting all the help all game long.

Smellyman

Reaction score
He has been good and bad, but the fact he is THIS GOOD is amazing.

he is going against NFL players who have been playing a long time and he, lets face it, has never played football. One year backup TE at Western Kentucky doesn't amount to much.

potatohead

Reaction score
evergreen":2a7fi3hq said:
Did you see the shots of him dunking and playing basketball? he's a freak! He could be a real success!

Lol I turned to my old man and said I bet not too many o-lineman in the league can dunk :lol:

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Is SilverHawk in the house? I'd like to hear his opinion of Fant's play these last two games :sarcasm_off:

bighawk

Reaction score
They should hire Walter Jones to work with the o-line especially our tackles. I think he can coach them up better than Cable.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the clipping penalty was weak. The lineman moved and Fant fell. Considering I saw an OL tackle a Seahawks on a 3rd and short early in the game helping the fullback pick up a first down, I'm starting to wonder if I know the rules anymore.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
When Sowell gets healthy, who is the starter?

McGruff

Reaction score
HawkGA":14kkbu39 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the clipping penalty was weak. The lineman moved and Fant fell. Considering I saw an OL tackle a Seahawks on a 3rd and short early in the game helping the fullback pick up a first down, I'm starting to wonder if I know the rules anymore.

I thought it was a tick tack penalty. Surely no intent to clip, and the blocked player was already falling.