I'm sure I'm biased, but...

Trrrroy

Reaction score
It seemed like the Bills got away with a million holds tonight. Honestly, I think it highlighted the biggest issue with officiating. There is no consistency. Against the cardinals it seemed like every pinky finger getting caught in a jersey was drawing a flag. Fast forward to tonight and Cliff Avril is getting elbow strangled and nothing.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I did notice on that 3rd and 21 a defender, I forgot who, broke free and was rushing Taylor for a sack. McCoy picked him up, but held the crap out of him. I'm talking full arms wrapped around him and dragged him down to the dirt. Wasn't called. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong, but it looked pretty blatant to me.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":2td3qw96 said:
I did notice on that 3rd and 21 a defender, I forgot who, broke free and was rushing Taylor for a sack. McCoy picked him up, but held the crap out of him. I'm talking full arms wrapped around him and dragged him down to the dirt. Wasn't called. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong, but it looked pretty blatant to me.

Yeah that was really bad holding on McCoy. Good catch. KJ Wright was the player who got held.

Hawks46

Reaction score
bigtrain21":d60ulwbh said:
Seahawk_Dan":d60ulwbh said:

Yeah that was really bad holding on McCoy. Good catch. KJ Wright was the player who got held.

Mccoy held another free rusher in the red zone later on in the game as well.

Also on the same drive, Avril got tackled from behind, but still got a piece of Taylor, who got finished by Clark. Refs threw a flag, then decided to pick it up. What gives ?

ivotuk

Reaction score
77 full on tackled Avril, both arms wrapped part way around Cliff, then took him too the ground, falling on him. No call.

It's tough, because I'd like to see them just "let them play" but sometimes the advantage seems unfair.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
On each of Jimmy's receptions a defender had one of his arms behind his back.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I was just thinking we needed another officiating thread.

It's bad people, real bad, for every team, all over the league. We're not special, there's no bias..........and it'll continue that way until the league rolls back the dozens of ridiculously hard to objectively call penalties that most of the refs don't even understand.

Largent80

Reaction score
Here is how I have handled it. I simply KNOW the officiating is going to be bad. Even though I tell myself that and am prepared for it. It still pisses me off. HOWEVER, I am beginning to laugh at it.

Part of me is trying to justify. I'm trying to convince myself that my ridiculous fandom to the Seahawks requires me to be cornholled by the officials every week. Even though I think a good cornholling is something I don't think would be pleasent. I just accept it, and try to turn it into comedy.

You have to admit, the Keystone Kops handling of all the events before the end of the first half may possibly be the funniest officiating of all times.