Anybody wanna make a bet?

pmedic920

Reaction score
Last week vs the Saints, there was at least 3 bad calls the hurt the Seahawks.
The NFL issued a statement admitting they messed up.
We didn't hear much, if anything about it.

Last night vs the Bills, there was 3 bad/ strange calls that went in the Seahawks favor.

I say they will still be talking about last nights calls next Sunday on all the pregame shows.

Anybody wanna bet?

Keep in mind, we are still hearing them talk about the Sherman/ Jones play from the Falcons game.

Officiating has been bad this year, we've been hurt by it and we've been helped by it.

My beef is in how it's all reported on.
Guess I'll just embrace the hate.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
pmedic920":2mwz0cdj said:
Last week vs the Saints, there was at least 3 bad calls the hurt the Seahawks.
The NFL issued a statement admitting they messed up.
We didn't hear much, if anything about it.

Last night vs the Bills, there was 3 bad/ strange calls that went in the Seahawks favor.

I say they will still be talking about last nights calls next Sunday on all the pregame shows.

Anybody wanna bet?

Keep in mind, we are still hearing them talk about the Sherman/ Jones play from the Falcons game.

Officiating has been bad this year, we've been hurt by it and we've been helped by it.

My beef is in how it's all reported on.
Guess I'll just embrace the hate.

Yeah, forget them. The Hawks do things the right way. Just play hard and don't worry about the refs.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
It doesn't really matter; this sort of thing happens outside of the games and it's unimportant. Even in the context of the game being a game.

Ozzy

Reaction score
It's weird the media goes nuts on this game and is silent after the pick plays in the Saints game. Not whining but it's just really odd.

Steve2222

Reaction score
It's all about context.

Saints game was an early 1pm start game that I'm sure few people watched. Our calls against us happened during a non crucial point in the game

Bills game was a prime time Monday night game that I'm sure quite a bit of people watched. The Sherman play happened directly before halftime altering the course of the game.

Ofcourse this is going to be more covered. There's no conspiracy.

Ozzy

Reaction score
The go ahead td wasn't a crucial point in the game?

kujohawk

Reaction score
Football has always had some bad calls and no calls. Problem as I see it now is the rule book is 6 inches thick and hell we can't even define what a catch is anymore without having every tv announcer and espn hack second guessing everything for a week. Since it doesn't look like anyone is going to unplug any microphones I just turn the sound off. Now I don't have to listen to some buffoon spouting crap out his wordhole every six seconds. Makes the game much more enjoyable

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Steve2222":2ghcn6mf said:
It's all about context.

Saints game was an early 1pm start game that I'm sure few people watched. Our calls against us happened during a non crucial point in the game

Bills game was a prime time Monday night game that I'm sure quite a bit of people watched. The Sherman play happened directly before halftime altering the course of the game.

Never said I think there is a conspiracy.

Was trying to highlight the discrepancy in how things were, and will be reported.
You can explain it away by saying "prime time vs early game ",if you want but the difference is still there.

The Sherman/ jones call was mentioned last night a couple of times.
Did you hear them mention any other calls to highlight their point?
I did, I heard the "fail Mary" vs GB, and the "batted ball" vs Lions both mentioned.

Not saying "conspiracy", saying discrepancy.

DJrmb

Reaction score
pmedic920":21iipf4i said:
Steve2222":21iipf4i said:
It's all about context.

Was trying to highlight the discrepancy in how things were, and will be reported.
You can explain it away by saying "prime time vs early game ",if you want but the difference is still there.

I did, I heard the "fail Mary" vs GB, and the "batted ball" vs Lions both mentioned.

I'm completely with you on this. There's a discrepancy with how the media consistently takes a negative narrative with Seattle in terms of penalties and "getting the breaks" and beats it into the ground. I don't know if it's just that we've become the team people love to hate or if it's because certain players have been outspoken in the past or what it is exactly But, there certainly is a discrepancy in the angle that is taken when discussing the Seahawks nationally.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet we're going to get waxed on the calls and officiating next week vs. the Patriots and golden boy Brady.

I was willing to bet it was going to be bad before last night, but now it will be worse. What drives me crazy is that we're the beneficiary of bad calls that are highlighted by the end of halves and being very obvious.

We still got screwed by a bunch of no calls last night. We have a top 3 pash rush in the league, and are near the bottom of the league in accepted offensive holding penalties. That's incongruous right there, but there's no way the NFL is going to let us get to Brady and rough him up.

Steve2222

Reaction score
DJrmb":2cei9q2r said:
pmedic920":2cei9q2r said:
Steve2222":2cei9q2r said:
It's all about context.

I'm completely with you on this. There's a discrepancy with how the media consistently takes a negative narrative with Seattle in terms of penalties and "getting the breaks" and beats it into the ground. I don't know if it's just that we've become the team people love to hate or if it's because certain players have been outspoken in the past or what it is exactly But, there certainly is a discrepancy in the angle that is taken when discussing the Seahawks nationally.

Because it seems like every time Seattle gets a huge break, it's on prime time national TV

- Failmary MNF
- KJs slap the ball out of the end zone MNF
- Block kickgate last night on MNF