Controvesial Plays

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
The GB Hail Mary (because it was successful), the Jones PI, The Detroit punch ball, Sherman blocked kick (last night). All being brought up now. How many were wrong. Only one. The punch ball. Everyone else is bitching and moaning about Seattle being better than there team. Get over it already.

Like this team has not had its share of calls go against us. I will only bring up the most significant one. SUPER BOWL 40.

Everyone criticizing can go.............well you know.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Truthfully...

For decades this team couldn't get 10 seconds of ESPN highlights unless they were the fly on Bo Jackson's tank windshield. Now.. they are sharing the attention with just a couple other teams.

Life is good for Seahawks fans. Sometimes negative attention follows success, regardless of it being legitimate. I'd say enjoy it.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
It's frustrating that the media hypes up these controversial endings so much.

My advice is to just ignore the media for the next couple days

253hawk

Reaction score
Even Blandino said that the batted ball play was subjective to ref interpretation. KJ didn't swat it egregiously or anything. He 'booped' it. Even if he had for some reason only made it look like he was trying to grab it in mid-air and still purposefully screwed it up, it's still a touchback. And the ball was still going out on its own anyway before that Lion about 15 ft away could teleport through KJ's body to recover it.

It's not like it was The Holy Roller or anything.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3mspkxg7 said:
Truthfully...

For decades this team couldn't get 10 seconds of ESPN highlights unless they were the fly on Bo Jackson's tank windshield. Now.. they are sharing the attention with just a couple other teams.

Life is good for Seahawks fans. Sometimes negative attention follows success, regardless of it being legitimate. I'd say enjoy it.

Bingo.

I remember a time when the Raiders vs Hawks MNF game was the highlight of our year, the ONE game with national attention. So gimme all the attention good or bad you've got national media...........cause it means we're good, and it means we're relevant.

OP
OP
Year of The Hawk

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Yeah you are right about ignoring it. It just sucks because I live in a non football town and anyone who does talk football brings up these stupid narratives that have been shoved down there throats. Oh well. Like you all said the price of success. I still wanna bitch about it though:)

olyfan63

Reaction score
Uncle Si":5puhibgf said:
Truthfully...

This.
Let's all celebrate being relevant. The Seahawks have been written into the NFL storyline.
So what if we're being cast in a villain role much of the time? So much better than decades of being ignored.

OP
OP
Year of The Hawk

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":1w8p2wz7 said:
Uncle Si":1w8p2wz7 said:
Truthfully...

This.
Let's all celebrate being relevant. The Seahawks have been written into the NFL storyline.
So what if we're being cast in a villain role much of the time? So much better than decades of being ignored.

It is nice to be relevant but it sucks having to be a villain for no other reason than being good.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
253hawk":2gkj1iox said:
Even Blandino said that the batted ball play was subjective to ref interpretation. KJ didn't swat it egregiously or anything. He 'booped' it. Even if he had for some reason only made it look like he was trying to grab it in mid-air and still purposefully screwed it up, it's still a touchback. And the ball was still going out on its own anyway before that Lion about 15 ft away could teleport through KJ's body to recover it.

It's not like it was The Holy Roller or anything.

I believe he still said the refs still made the wrong call though.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":3pwri2on said:
Yeah you are right about ignoring it. It just sucks because I live in a non football town and anyone who does talk football brings up these stupid narratives that have been shoved down there throats. Oh well. Like you all said the price of success. I still wanna bitch about it though:)

The highlighted is all you need to say. That is the best way to acknowledge and defuse their comments.