Realistically, what is it going to take to beat the patriots

Giblien

Reaction score
Given that getting Kam and Rawls back by Sunday is highly unlikely, how do you game plan the offense and defense to play against the Pats? I'm terrified of another 40-20 TOP game again. I just think our D is going to wear out if we cant get some sustained offense going.

MY major concerns:

Our running game

Covering Gronk

Can our O-Line at least slow down their D enough to give RW time in the pocket?

How will we generate pressure on Brady?

DJrmb

Reaction score
Pete said on the radio today that Kam is expected to play Sunday against the Patriots. I think that would be a huge help. The other thing that would help is if we can get some semblance of a running game. It's great that the offense is starting to score but we can't leave the defense on the field all game over and over like this and expect them not to start getting worn down.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I honestly don't think we can beat the Patriots right now.

Bellichick specializes in making teams one dimensional and taking away the one thing they do really well.

Our problem is that we are only one dimensional to start, and don't do anything very well. If we had a more consistent quick passing game, we could move the ball like the Patriots do. But we don't...it's why we're not sustaining drives.

Largent80

Reaction score
We simply MUST get some first downs, 3rd down conversions, and try to equal out the T.O.P. of both teams. We have a decent chance if that happens because every day that passes, RW gets healthier.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Hawks are going to have to play ball control, keep the Pats offense off the field and win time of possession. Also the defense has to get off the field on 3rd downs which against Brady would seem like mission impossible right now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The timing of this game spells disaster for me.

While the Pats have had two weeks to rest and scheme for us, our D is dinged up and worn out playing an insane amount of minutes the past three weeks.

Belichick's hard enough to beat at home when he has one week to prepare against a one dimensional offense, let alone two. He eats one dimensional offenses for breakfast.

But to answer your question, if we win it'll be because of some special teams plays and Russell playing out of his mind keeping up with the 30-35 pts Brady is going to put up on our defense. But that's possible, Lockett's feeling great, so I could see a couple returns.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
It's a scary game for a big number of reasons, including for how badly the Pats beat the Bills.

But if Kam is indeed ready to go again then that will be a big factor to add to our resurgent pass attack.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Brady to have really undercooked pork tacos for lunch.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Wilson winning a shootout against the 26th-ranked DVOA pass defense, and Bevell outcoaching Bill Belichick.

I can't even...

Erebus

Reaction score
Largent80":2oljur71 said:
Seahwkgal":2oljur71 said:
A miracle.

I don't think they are on par with Godly football. They were beaten at home by friggin Indy.

When was this? Unless you correct me, I'm going to assume you're talking about the Packers and not the Patriots.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
iigakusei":1m0mzayy said:
Brady to have really undercooked pork tacos for lunch.

I'm pretty sure his meals are prepared by gluten free holistic free range organic fairies.

hawker84

Reaction score
I'm calling it another loss. Even with Kam back, we still have no Bennett, and as good as Avril has been, he can't do it alone. Yes Clark and the rest of them has had some flashes here and there, but nowhere near the consistency or disruptive force as when Avril and Bennett were in there.

Kam has never shown he can cover Gronk, I don't see that changing. It will be good to get his leadership back on the field for sure though.

But without a balanced offensive attack, I don't think we can put up the kind of numbers needed to beat them in their house.

It would take a rare good game on both sides of the ball, something that has been a bit elusive so far. We would need a championship effort from our defense, and a very good showing from our Offense. After last nights defensive effort, I don't have a lot of confidence going up against a pissed off Brady, Gronk and that Gillette field mystique?

Just looking for a good effort and showing on Sunday night on both sides of the ball, come out of it healthy and hopefully meet them again in February. Would love to be wrong.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Just one thing is all we need. Stop them on 3rd down and make them punt. If the D can't get of the field I don't think we have a chance. We can't expect to win if we play like we did against Buffalo.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Don't forget it's football we're talking about. A weird bounce of the ball is sometimes all it takes to win a game. Of course not every team is created equal but we actually do have the tools to take it to the Pats. With consistent play and a bit of luck we can definitely win here.

253hawk

Reaction score
If we can't get off the field on 3rd down, we have to get some turnovers and turn them into points. It's been a dry year for takeaways. We are almost dead last, barely edging out 3/4 of the AFC South, the Lions, and the Bears.