Cassius Marsh has Magic cards stolen

HawkFan72

Reaction score
That really sucks. I would be devastated if one of my collections or hobbies was ruined because some stranger stole it all. Hope he can get it all back.

People are making fun of him because he is upset about a card game, but he has spent years and lots of money building that collection.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/KingCash_7191/status/796439132583051264[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/KingCash_7191/status/796440320804167680[/tweet]

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/seaha...g-stolen-magic-card-collection-224514710.html

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Stealing is bad. Stealing from people is worse. Stealing something personal is even worse. A TV or money sucks but just replace it whenever. You can see he is more worried about getting it back than retribution. Good luck. Maybe someone will step up.

For those making fun let see the inside of there personal lives and see what is worth mocking.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Psst, Cassius. Tom Brady stole your collection and has them cleverly hidden under his helmet.

253hawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":el7h0v65 said:
What is a magic card collection? And why is it that valuable?

It's a card game with fantasy elements like Dungeons & Dragons. Just like sports cards, rare ones are worth a lot of money, but more due to their in-game perks and abilities. Some are worth tens of thousands of dollars.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
253hawk":1iq49o18 said:
Siouxhawk":1iq49o18 said:

It's a card game with fantasy elements like Dungeons & Dragons. Just like sports cards, rare ones are worth a lot of money, but more due to their in-game perks and abilities. Some are worth tens of thousands of dollars.
Thanks 253. I've never been into that kind of stuff, but I respect the passion that arises out of it for those that are.

253hawk

Reaction score
I don't really know anything about it either, other than that I used to have a roommate that played a lot and would have a few friends over to play now and then. I'm more of a sci-fi person myself.

The card game is a huge global phenomenon and is made by Wizards of the Coast, whose HQ are in Renton.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2c35of3n said:
Psst, Cassius. Tom Brady stole your collection and has them cleverly hidden under his helmet.

He'll be penalized for looking there...better tell him they are hidden under his thigh pads.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1h0u53cb said:
Siouxhawk":1h0u53cb said:

He'll be penalized for looking there...better tell him they are hidden under his thigh pads.

Good catch.

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":23b7bzjo said:
253hawk":23b7bzjo said:
Siouxhawk":23b7bzjo said:

Thanks 253. I've never been into that kind of stuff, but I respect the passion that arises out of it for those that are.

And according to the article I linked, Marsh's collection could be worth over $20,000 :shock:

chris98251

Reaction score
Brady hides them in his fanny pack and hand warmer during the games .

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":3afeq1i8 said:
Siouxhawk":3afeq1i8 said:

Don't tell him its under the helmet. Cass already hits QBs high Re: Keenum :sarcasm_on:
I was just hoping he would hit him so hard that his helmet would pop off and there would be magic cards scattered across the field. But you're right, he'd probably get penalized for not having a wizard's permit or something like that.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
253hawk":5bysp1mc said:
Siouxhawk":5bysp1mc said:

I have 2 stepsons that really dig this game. The oldest is 24 and the other is 20. They say the collection is pretty expensive and took them a long time to build up a good deck. Yeah, they are nerds. :laugh:

dbmack

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/796859357057216512[/tweet]

Jville

Reaction score
Interesting Community .......
First published in 1993 by Wizards of the Coast, Magic was the first trading card game produced and it continues to thrive, with approximately twenty million players as of 2015.[1][2][3] Magic can be played by two or more players in various formats, the most common of which uses a deck of 60+ cards, containing no more than 4 of a single card with the exception of basic land cards, either in person with printed cards or using a deck of virtual cards through the Internet-based Magic: The Gathering Online, on a smartphone or tablet, or other programs.
[urltargetblank]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic:_The_Gathering[/urltargetblank]

The Pro Tour (often abbreviated as PT), is the highest form of competitive play for the Magic: The Gathering collectible card game. It consists of a series of tournaments held throughout the world, each requiring an invitation to participate. Every Pro Tour awards a total of $250,000 in cash prizes, with $40,000 going to the winner. Pro Tour competitors also receive Pro Points, the amount depending on their results. Pro Points award special benefits to players, including automatic qualification and travel awards for subsequent Pro Tours. Currently, four Pro Tours are held during a twelve-month season.
[urltargetblank]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic:_The_Gathering_Pro_Tour[/urltargetblank]

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
253hawk":2c7jqpvr said:
Siouxhawk":2c7jqpvr said:

It's probably more of a sentimental thing. It's like stealing someone's hobby, shitty.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2i0kec67 said:
For those making fun let see the inside of there personal lives and see what is worth mocking.

Well, I ride my Harley. And spend time fixing up my old truck, and old Mustang, random engine builds, and a couple of motorcycle projects. And design and program/build off the wall microcontroller stuff. Used to kung-fu and golf before I got run over. But if Cassius wants to play with fantasy cards, more power to him. If everybody liked the same stuff it'd be boring, and also whatever we all liked would be REALLY expensive. And, thieves suck.

Latest posts