Nick Vannett

seabowl

Reaction score
I know he was hurt but have to admit I thought this guy would have a bigger role with us in the games he has suited up for. Thoughts?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I think it comes down to numbers at WR. With the depth and Graham playing lights out its just a matter of not getting any plays in...same for Macevoy.

Erebus

Reaction score
He wasn't targeted at all during his first game, which surprised me. And then in his second game he squandered his only opportunity with a drop. I don't know what's taking him so long to fit into the offense, but he looked pretty good in the preseason. I don't agree with the comment about the numbers at WR. Even with Luke Willson out, Vannett still isn't getting the same opportunities Willson got.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he was mostly a blocking TE at Ohio State, and he has been in there doing that. But he can catch. So like was said, it's probably just a numbers thing.

HawkGA

Reaction score
That other tight end got a few catches last game.

mikeak

Reaction score
We have paid TEs in the past to block. It is a highly valued skilled with PC and the Seahawks.

By the way Graham had a beautiful block in the last game

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Why force the ball to Vannett? Wilson has near perfect chemistry with Graham and Baldwin, if they are in a position where they could come down with the ball it makes sense to throw it to them. After that there's Kearse and Lockett. Even Prosise has proven himself as a capable target.

No shame in letting Vannett block. He's really good at it and it's why the Hawks drafted him in the first place

crosfam

Reaction score
I think it is simple: He is a Rookie. We will have changes to our TE line-up in the future and he may take on a bigger role in response to his development, health, changes to personnel and of course, injuries. I think if healthy, Willson is a better H-back right now; he was stating to look great in that role before getting hurt. He may leave next year. Jimmy may leave (win SB first please) to save $$, or make more $$ elsewhere after being a SB MVP (I hope).

nanomoz

Reaction score
He is not here, at least primarily, to catch balls. I'm hoping for some jumbo personnel though. Let's run. The damn ball like we mean it. Two tight ends and Tukuafu, with PRich it Baldwin outside.