2 Point Try

nash72

Reaction score
That was just dumb. You force them to convert the 2 point conversion if they score. Its crap like that that just baffles me.

OP
OP
nash72

nash72

Reaction score
Always have to be cute. There's almost no doubt that the Pats score. Probably should let them so we get the ball back to try for a FG.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I didn't understand that call either. I know they wanted to make it a 2 score game, but you have to take the easy points and force a 2 point conversion out of them.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I love the killer instinct, but leave that instinct to the players. Hate the call, absolutely hate it.

getnasty

Reaction score
I don't hate it, offense was playing well and you knew the Pats were gonna get down the field. Pretty ballsy for sure

cymatica

Reaction score
I liked the aggressiveness. Should have ran "the play" , would have been perfect timing

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Not a bad call IMO. Especially considering 7 missed PATs. Not like we were up 6 and went for it.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
It was idiotic. Force them to make a two point conversion if they do happen to score.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Belichick must have some kind of Jedi mind trick that he uses on our coaches to make them absolutely lose their frickin minds...

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
That was the right call, and would have been no matter the outcome.

7 points puts you a one-score game ahead.
8 points puts you a one-score game ahead.
9 points puts you a two-score game ahead.

Sure, going for two is often a crap shoot, but kicking extra points is no longer a gimme in the league either. So you have odds of going to overtime to fight it out, or forcing a touchdown and at least another field goal to win it in under two minutes for New England.

It was a gamble, and thankfully it played out well for us even though we lost that particular gamble, but it was the right call at the time.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
I liked the call a lot, especially against a QB and team as good as Brady and New England.

Rob12

Reaction score
It's not really "taking the points" though. PAT's are not a given anymore. Haven't we missed 7 this year? Of course hindsight says it was a bad decision but I at least somewhat understand it, even if I didn't like the call at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Was not dumb. It was one of those hard decisions by a coach I am glad I don't have to make. I like the play to win attitude.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Jeremy517":5dkf1580 said:
I liked the call a lot, especially against a QB and team as good as Brady and New England.

I did too. It was absolutely the right call.

In an alternate universe, Hauschka misses his 5th extra point this year and the Patriots win it with a touchdown.

And in another alternate universe, Hauschka makes the extra point, the Patriots tie it in regulation, get the ball, and throw a touchdown pass to Gronk before we even get the ball.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Seriously, who thinks our pat's are better than fifty fifty?

It was the right call because if he didn't I'll bet you we were due for a bad snap, shank, or outright block.

Our unit is so hit and miss it's miserable. And we had the luxury of going for two for free there. I just didn't like the play call. Would have rather seen Jimmy dialed up

Timmahawk

Reaction score
I'm ok with the call only for the fact that I was happier about going for it than sad about not getting it and angry about not being up by 8.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Hind sight is 20/20.
If NE had scored, kicked the XP, and won in OT? I don't think there would be too many people anywhere that would agree with that. As it turns out it had no real bearing. I don't like guessing scenerios but this call created a lot of scenerio guessing.