Bevell called a good game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":20c0mrvy said:
Props where props are deserved.
Indeed. Could nitpick, but shouldn't and won't.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yeah great game. Took some huge risks too, but they paid off.

The TD to Baldwin at the end of the first half was incredibly risky, but a great play call. The 38 yard pass to Prosise on 3rd and 6 was risky too but it worked.

I liked that he wasn't afraid to go for the throat.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Basically we got back to strong side zone runs and waggle PA. We've called the same stuff for years now. We just didn't call that much of it recently because of a mobility issue. We've got some of our mixture back now between run and pass, although I think we could still run some more.

It's the same bread and butter though and it's not complicated. Bevell hasn't had much success when he's had to vary from some pretty basic principles, but when it's there we're perfectly fine. Productive, in fact.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Good, but not great. You can't call a great game if you don't throw at least one time to Jimmy Graham in the end zone.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
falcongoggles":35ytrk05 said:
Good, but not great. You can't call a great game if you don't throw at least one time to Jimmy Graham in the end zone.
I would concede that point.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Absolutely not

1/3 on goal to go

3/7 Red Zone efficiency.

Jimmy Grahm 0 Red Zone targets.

Some of you are acting like eating only one shovel of poop a day is a good thing, when you should never eat a shovel of poop.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I gotta nitpick. The 2 pt call. Please can we stop with the horrible red zone calls. We're better 20+ yds out than 5 yds out. Gotta find a way to use jimmy too. I know he works great as a decoy but when u got the weapon gotta take a shot with him once in a while. He just keeps making plays if the balls near him. Otherwise great game calling. Its a small nitpick but overall very happy

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
sdog1981":2hncefvq said:
Absolutely not

1/3 on goal to go

3/7 Red Zone efficiency.

Some of you are acting like eating only one shovel of poop a day is a good thing, when you should never eat a shovel of poop.

So 7 red zone trips isn't that great?? Good to know.

sdog1981

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":zhh75fbc said:
sdog1981":zhh75fbc said:
Absolutely not

1/3 on goal to go

3/7 Red Zone efficiency.

The game should have been over at half time.

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
sdog1981":ztqk1xx0 said:
EverydayImRusselin":ztqk1xx0 said:
sdog1981":ztqk1xx0 said:
Absolutely not

1/3 on goal to go

3/7 Red Zone efficiency.

The game should have been over at half time.

Gotta give the Patriots defense some credit, it's not always a one-sided thing.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I'll agree, but i have a but...

In this game Russ was obviously healthier, bought a lot of time, performed some of the old magic tricks that kind of take the heat off Bevell...

And the red zone needs major work. We gotta find Jimmy, or at least target him. See how gronk came out of backfield and motioned wide?. Stuff like that, get him moving and make it really hard for the defense to bracket him. On that note, Bevell still can't call a decent two point conversion.

But from staff to players, terrific prime time win. Awesome. The only one on the hot seat imo is special teams. These PATs are freaking BS. And that huge return, where the patriot fumbled it but they recovered, that field position could have been costly. All this special teams BS is going to end us when it's the post season and points are gold.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
It is easier to call a good game when your O-line is opening up running lanes and keeping your QB upright with a throwing pocket.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
I'm not a huge bevell supporter , but I will give credit where credit is due and the Bills and Pats games deserves credit

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Since some of the Bevellers missed this thread. Seriously how hard is it to look through the first page?

He called a good game, baby steps lol.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
falcongoggles":duh3xa76 said:

What if the Pats did a really good job covering him?

Jimmy Graham @ New England in 2013 with Drew Brees at quarterback: 0 catches, 0 yards.

This is what I never really understand about the Graham sentiment. Belichick is the best coach in NFL history. He's shut out Jimmy Graham in the past. And we're nitpicking over Seattle beating the Pats in their own backyard with a wonderful offensive performance because they didn't throw to Jimmy once in the red zone?

Just let that sink in for a second.

Seattle just won in New England, on a short week, with the Pats coming off a bye, where they outgunned Tom Brady on the top of his game. And people are saying it was 'good not great' on offense because they didn't throw to one individual in the red zone.

Maddening.

hawker84

Reaction score
I'll be the first to give Bevell his props last night. He called a good game, kept the defense on their toes. Nice job Darrell. Still want you out of here, but nice job.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
flmmkrz":30ewfv48 said:
I gotta nitpick. The 2 pt call. Please can we stop with the horrible red zone calls. We're better 20+ yds out than 5 yds out. Gotta find a way to use jimmy too. I know he works great as a decoy but when u got the weapon gotta take a shot with him once in a while. He just keeps making plays if the balls near him. Otherwise great game calling. Its a small nitpick but overall very happy

Then nitpick Pete, 2 pt conversions are his call, not Bevell's.

Yes it was gamble, so I won't fault anybody for criticizing it. But I was fine with the call, you're on the road against the best team in the AFC already up by 7, I like a coach that goes for the throat. Should have worked too, but Russell threw it wide...........as he did with two previous throws to the left for 2 TD's. A fact some above me here are blaming on Bevell's Red Zone playcalling.

Russell was amazing last night, but those three missed throws to the left are on him, not Bevell. Those were open, good playcalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.