Did New England Just Lose at the 1 yd Line?

Optimus25

Reaction score
Without running it with the most physical back in the NFL, and instead tried an ill advised pass play?

Only the Seahawks have this much awesome for you the fan.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Ha Ha! They hoped to get bailed out by a BS penalty!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I think it was at the 2 and we just stuffed two runs at the one so I disagree. Especially since they have Gronk

Hawker

Reaction score
Thought that was OPI on Gronk. I'm sure that will be the only play NE fans remember... and i love it. See ya in February...

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Much ado about nothing. Give us their Lombardi and we'll be even. Until then, onto the Eagles.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Reaneypark":1iwcos04 said:

I'm so glad the ref didn't get involved, and let those two just play.

IMHO it was the whole intention of Gronk and Brady to draw the DPI on that play. Gronk was way too concerned with making contact and pushing Kam than he was making his break and getting to where the ball was gonna be.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1ouittuk said:
I think it was at the 2 and we just stuffed two runs at the one so I disagree. Especially since they have Gronk

This was the difference, we stuffed two runs before that play call so it wasn't as given to go to a run.

253hawk

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2f3gosoc said:
Reaneypark":2f3gosoc said:

I'm so glad the ref didn't get involved, and let those two just play.

IMHO it was the whole intention of Gronk and Brady to draw the DPI on that play. Gronk was was to concerned with making contact and pushing Kam than he was making his break and getting to where the ball was gonna be.

Same thing the VIkings did with Rudolph on Kam in the divisional game. Just ran straight into him to try and draw the DPI, except it somehow worked for them.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
A part of me had a sneaky suspicion that the reason they didn't run the ball in and opted for throwing was like they wanted to prove that they could throw it in on the goal line, bring up the Super Bowl obviously. "Hey, watch us, we'll do what you couldn't do and throw it in for an easy TD because I am Josh McDaniels."