I Love Crow With Tartar Sauce

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Mmmmm...Mmmmmmm...

Okay Rob, have at us all. This is your moment and you earned it all week long telling us doubters how the Seahawks were going to beat the Patriots. I wasn't buying what you were selling, nor were 96% of Americans.

But nothing tastes better than crow to me when it comes to the Seahawks winning a game I didn't think they would.

What a HUGE win for this team! This is the game we will look back on at the end of the year and say "That was the game the Seahawks got their mojo back". While I did think Russell looked iffy in a lot of his throws, overall he played a great game. Our OL? HUGE props to them! I hope this is a building block for them and not an anomaly.

Prosise coming out party! Nice job rook! It was great to see his performance...Now we are all starting to see the weapon he can and will be for us.

Overall, good job by the refs, and yes you too Bevell. (Okay I just broke out in hives typing that)... ;)

Was the Patriots just a smidge intimidated by the Seahawks tonight? It appeared that way to me a bit. Maybe they too buy into the "Mystique" mentioned on ESPN last Monday.

Defense was huge tonight. For the first time in weeks they didn't look gassed. Gave up some big pass plays but any defense would have with some of those perfect throws by Brady. Shead was in good position on a couple of them but they were literally indefensible passes.

I still expected Brady to pull it out in the end...Glad they came up short.

PS...I think going for 2 there late in the 4th was a stupid call. Take the damn extra point to make it an 8 point game.

But I can't end on a negative. HELL of a win tonight Seahawks!! This is one we all can be proud of!

Okay Rob, take it away! :D

sdog1981

Reaction score
I thought they would win based off of the pass rush we saw with D Moore. Did not think they would win this way.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm also really pleased that there was no flag on that final 4th down play at the goal line. Both Kam and Gronk had hands on each other and they let it play out. Awesome.

sutz

Reaction score
Wilson is not quite 100% I think. But he's been getting noticeably better the last 3 weeks. Pretty good game overall.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Yum yum yum called out my sugar bears in the 3 weeks later thread

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Aros":3hw97orb said:
Overall, good job by the refs :D

I will have to go ahead and disagree on this part mmmkay. Just because we win does not absolve the refs of some frikin stupid calls.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
sutz":3q0tgopt said:
Wilson is not quite 100% I think. But he's been getting noticeably better the last 3 weeks. Pretty good game overall.

Yeah there were plays you could definitely see "Injured Wilson" at play, and there were plays where it looked like the old Wilson was ALMOST back. He is realistically still a few weeks away but he is healthy enough to win and that's all that matters right now.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":kyoscc60 said:
Aros":kyoscc60 said:
Overall, good job by the refs :D

I will have to go ahead and disagree on this part mmmkay. Just because we win does not absolve the refs of some frikin stupid calls.

The Sherman face mask can be understood. Based on their perspective and how Edelman's head turned, it makes perfect sense why they would assume face mask even though it wasn't. So I can excuse that call.

Other than that, I saw the refs calling both sides equally.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I had no real clue which way it would go. My prediction in the Aros Prediction Thread was a Pats win by 11. Pretty much just a guess to be unique. I changed it from a win because I was feeling very homerish with picking them to win in Foxboro. I didn't think the D would stop the 3rd down conversions. They did have a few they let go, which drove me nuts. A-hem 3rd & 25.

This will definitely change the narrative of what people think. The media never really dismissed the Hawks this year but fans of other teams did.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wouldn't you have liked to be a fly on the wall during last night's team meeting speech?

I bet it was a doozy.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Ahhhh ... you beat me to it Aros in starting this thread (I guess great minds think alike). I too, like you, have never been so happy to be so wrong regarding a prediction ... and will gladly munch down my portion of crow. To Rob (Largent80) and others who kept the faith, I raise my glass and offer a toast to ya!!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I would not have come at you betting NE would win. It was however pretty lame how disgustingly negative a majority of the posters on the board were about this game and how sure we were going to lose. Including the owner of this post.

No tartar sauce!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1cp9zpqu said:
I would not have come at you betting NE would win. It was however pretty lame how disgustingly negative a majority of the posters on the board were about this game and how sure we were going to lose. Including the owner of this post.

No tartar sauce!

So apparently we have to be all rainbows and lollipops in order to be a true fan, right? After all, a real fan would never predict a loss when there are countless reasons to believe so.

Get over yourself. This is a fan forum to voice your opinion, however that may be. So what if fans predicted a loss? Doesn't make them any less of a fan than those who didn't. And it's asinine that I should have to even defend that paradigm.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Crow is so good when we are wrong and the Seahawks win.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Aros":2jo70xyf said:
seahawkfreak":2jo70xyf said:

No tartar sauce!

So apparently we have to be all rainbows and lollipops in order to be a true fan, right? After all, a real fan would never predict a loss when there are countless reasons to believe so.

Get over yourself. This is a fan forum to voice your opinion, however that may be. So what if fans predicted a loss? Doesn't make them any less of a fan than those who didn't. And it's asinine that I should have to even defend that paradigm.

Thank you Aros.

drdiags

Reaction score
I liked the 2 pt attempt. Hindsight maybe kicking the extra point puts them up by 8 but in the end it is just a theoretical debate. I like the thought of going for a 9 pt lead vs 8. And L80 gets to rub our mugs in it. Glad I was wrong.

drdiags

Reaction score
I think aholes wanting a pound of flesh only makes us become more unable to know how anyone truly feels. Either you want to have fans feel able to register their doubts or we can goosestep to the collective thought that doesn't allow debate. My vote, let people be able to vent and voice their true belief. This "I cannot believe you guys ...". To me folks are always looking to avenge some vendetta, imagined or real.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Boy I'm happy to be wrong, but not really seeing how I need to "eat Crow" cuz I picked wrong.

I liked the individual match ups, but didn't like how the Hawks were playing, plus they came off of a short week, Pats came off of a bye, and it's a very tough place to play.

Our defense still isn't right, but they were good enough to get the win. I like how we created turnovers, but hated how we gave up two ridiculously long 3rd downs.

Loving how the offense seemlngly turned it around in a week. I hope we can keep running the ball. With our passing game, it's going to be tough to stop us going forward.