Best opponent remaining

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I know there's already a thread regarding our schedule in three (now two) weeks, but let's talk about our record after seventeen because if we play like we did tonight going forward, we have a very real chance to run the table to 13-2-1.

Our best remaining opponent is either Green Bay, who appears to be in free fall, or Arizona in our house. While division opponents are always tough, Carson Palmer (or whoever it is at that point) on the road doesn't exactly loom like Mt. Everest.

Other than that we're looking at some also-rans like Carolina, Tampa Bay, and another 49ers exhibition. Honestly, the Rams may give us the most fits at this point.

Of course we shouldn't overlook anyone, 1-0 every week and blah blah blah, but aside from pulling a Seahawk and falling for a trap game, have we possibly seen our last loss of the year?

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I doubt we go 13-2-1. But it's more likely after tonight!

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2l8pr7sa said:
I know there's already a thread regarding our schedule in three (now two) weeks, but let's talk about our record after seventeen because if we play like we did tonight going forward, we have a very real chance to run the table to 13-2-1.

Our best remaining opponent is either Green Bay, who appears to be in free fall, or Arizona in our house. While division opponents are always tough, Carson Palmer (or whoever it is at that point) on the road doesn't exactly loom like Mt. Everest.

Other than that we're looking at some also-rans like Carolina, Tampa Bay, and another 49ers exhibition. Honestly, the Rams may give us the most fits at this point.

Of course we shouldn't overlook anyone, 1-0 every week and blah blah blah, but aside from pulling a Seahawk and falling for a trap game, have we possibly seen our last loss of the year?
I'm disagreeing...I think the most difficult opponent is this week agains the Eagles, and, dammit, the Rams.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Eagles. They made Atlanta look silly today, and they are probably going to be very confident.

Their defense is for real.

That said, our defense and home crowd should be a major problem for Wentz and the rest of their offense.

It might be an annoying, low-scoring nail biter.

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not going there. But then, I don't watch the rest of the league much any more. Guess I'm buying into the 1-0 every week attitude of the team. :D

OP
OP
WindCityHawk

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I guess I haven't been paying close enough attention to the Eagles. It will certainly help to have them at home coming off a big win today.

potatohead

Reaction score
Between Philly, GB, AZ and LA, Hawks probably lose one, maybe two, and maybe one other stinker from the rest of the games , but I have a hard time saying they're going to lose another three, I just don't see it. So I say they finish 11-4-1, second in the Conference unless Romo goes back in, then first :lol:

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Eagles and Rams will be tough. Arizona may not be that easy, especially as they probably think they should have beaten us last time. Green Bay may have lost a few more games all of the sudden that they "shouldn't have," but they won't be a pushover.

We're not cruising to anything yet.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Looking at the rest of the schedule, past the Eagles next week, it's amazing how different it looks now.

Panthers, Packers, Cardinals. All seemed tougher when the schedule came out. Now, they all seem like underdogs against the Seahawks. Any given Sunday, etc.etc... And I have a feeling the Packers will figure things out.

Still. I think the Eagles are the toughest team left, because the defense is pretty darn good. But, they're also inconsistent and I still think we win.

Ruminator

Reaction score
We're just going to the playoffs, and we're going to the Super Bowl. It's going to be a ridiculously fun 2.5 months.

OP
OP
WindCityHawk

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":fx8quudu said:
I guess I haven't been paying close enough attention to the Eagles. It will certainly help to have them at home coming off a big win today.

Just gave the Eagles a cursory glance and I think I'm missing something.

Their best win was today against Atlanta, maybe Pittsburgh, otherwise they've feasted on cupcakes like Cleveland and Chicago, and even then they still only have 5 wins. They also 1-4 on the road. Granted, their division is tough, but what makes them so dangerous coming into Seattle?

(Full disclosure, I haven't paid any attention to the NFC East this year, aside from the highlights out of Dallas that no one can escape)

Erebus

Reaction score
I know not everyone buys into DVOA, but the Eagles are the #1 team in DVOA, despite their record. They also have a good defense. So I have to consider them the toughest remaining opponent right now.

Seafan

Reaction score
Their toughest opponent is themselves. Hawks have one of the most talented rosters in the league but I've learned to temper my expectations due to the improved coaching around the league. The Hawks used to exert their will on other teams with Marshawn and therefore could overcome poor coaching for the most part. Not happening any more. The Hawks are frequently on the wrong end of chess matches these days. To expect them to run the table is unrealistic.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Green Bay for obvious reasons. On the road there in December? No thanks.

I do agree that the Eagles will be tough but they are turnover prone and are no where near the matchup we faced tonight.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Reaneypark":36upukzu said:
I doubt we go 13-2-1. But it's more likely after tonight!

Bingo, we won a game today we were expected to lose but I bet we lose one we should win. Even the year we wom the Super Bowl we had that second half loss to the Cardinals at home.

I would love to go 12 3 and 1. Possible one seed but at worst the two seed

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2spqli3t said:
Green Bay for obvious reasons. On the road there in December? No thanks.

I do agree that the Eagles will be tough but they are turnover prone and are no where near the matchup we faced tonight.

Yeah, I am torn on this one. Yes they lost to the Titans today but they are huge underachievers and I cant remember the last time we won in Lambeau

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Dallas still has redskins, vikings, lions, eagles. These are streaky teams and the eagles and vikes have a good defense. We could be in the drivers seat for homefield if we win next weeks game and play like we did tonight. We played the hardest game of the season tonight and were the better team in all phases. Obviously rams for some stupid reason have a chance, but I am not afraid of the packers. They just have too many issues in all three phases. Not saying its a shoe in win for us, but I'm not skrrrrd.

Next week could be a test, but we are the better team.

OP
OP
WindCityHawk

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Seafan":388checv said:
Their toughest opponent is themselves. Hawks have one of the most talented rosters in the league but I've learned to temper my expectations due to the improved coaching around the league. The Hawks used to exert their will on other teams with Marshawn and therefore could overcome poor coaching for the most part. Not happening any more. The Hawks are frequently on the wrong end of chess matches these days. To expect them to run the table is unrealistic.

Very well said. The numbers look good for us, but of course that doesn't account for the human element, especially when three of those humans are Carroll, Bevell, and Cable.

Hawks46

Reaction score
It doesn't matter how these teams play other teams, it's how they match up and play against us.

Eagles have a good DL. That typically gives us problems. We're at home so I expect to win it, but our defense isn't quite right and it's not going to be an easy game. I won't be suprised or overly upset if we lose to them.

GB. They are having an off year, but they're (were) hard to run on and play very tough at home. That won't be an easy game, and once again I won't be surprised if we lose.

AZ will be a tough game for us. Their DL gives us fits and we didn't pass well against them this year. Wilson being more mobile might make a big difference. I expect us to win this one at home, but the Cards have a lot of confidence up here.

Rams always make us look bad. They really get up for our game, and they aren't out of the running for the division.

Panthers are not like last year's version, but they are running the ball really well, and that's the formula to beat our defense this year. We usually match up well against them ,but I can see them racking up 150 yards on the ground and beating up our D.

I counted the NE game as a loss. I figured we'd lose even before the season, and the way we've been playing lately I didn't figure we had a chance. I see us winning 11 games. Looking at the schedule, it's not inconceivable we run the table, they all look very winnable, but I predict 11 at this point.