C.J. Rushing TD (that was called back)

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Anyone has the slow motion of it from diifferent angles? I'm really curious if his knee was down before he crossed the line. I believe it is another bad call by referees ... but I could be wrong.

peppersjap

Reaction score
If it had been called a TD it would have been upheld, unfortunately it wasn't so it was upheld. The ball definitely was in but there was no conclusive angle that showed whether his knee was down or not. I think he was in but am ok with the decision.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Actually, it wasn't called back. He was called short. So they needed a conclusive replay to show the ball crossed and the knees weren't down. There wasn't a replay showing that.

If they called it a TD, it would've still been a TD for the same reason.

Rob12

Reaction score
joeseahawks":xsyv03vn said:
Anyone has the slow motion of it from diifferent angles? I'm really curious if his knee was down before he crossed the line. I believe it is another bad call by referees ... but I could be wrong.

Tough call for the referees and even harder to overturn. I rewinded it multiple times and not once did I think he for sure got in.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
peppersjap":1qp9pk7z said:
If it had been called a TD it would have been upheld, unfortunately it wasn't so it was upheld. The ball definitely was in but there was no conclusive angle that showed whether his knee was down or not. I think he was in but am ok with the decision.
If the officials couldn't see the knee why did they call him down to begin with? Should have been a TD. In the NFL rule Book tie goes to the Pats though.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2l242uo8 said:
peppersjap":2l242uo8 said:
If the officials couldn't see the knee why did they call him down to begin with? Should have been a TD. In the NFL rule Book tie goes to the Pats though.

Agreed, they were guessing, as they were for Blount's attempt. Interesting how one got called a TD and one didnt when they were so similar. The lateness of the call is what annoyed me with the Blount decision, what changed to make them give it since the play had been over for a while?

On the whole it was a relatively decently officiated game but these 2 plays side by side struck me as a bit of home cooking.

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
The view from the back of the play shows his knee going down just before he extends for the end zone. I thought they got it right. After wasting a timeout earlier, I didn't think the risk was worth the chance of loosing another one with a close game. Glad that didn't come back to bite them.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I thought it was atd...that being said it wasn't as bad as the call that cost NO the game vs the Broncos. Elway must have a photo of Roger with a goat or something...