Who called the game last night.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Having a senior moment and drawing a blank.

My point is, they were both saying that Kam should have been flagged for PI.

It's funny because, every talking head that I've heard this AM says "no call" was the right call. Some are saying that if anybody got flagged, it should have been Gronk.

We all know this but when I heard the clip of the color guys, I had too make mention.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Al Michaels and Cris Collingsworth. I thought they both agreed that the non call was the right call.

Cartire

Reaction score
No, they agreed on the no-call. Said it was equal contact and Gronk initiated it.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
its dumb we even have to talk about an obvious no call.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1xf3jlw2 said:
its dumb we even have to talk about an obvious no call.

Unfortunately, we kinda have to.....(Cough... Atlanta ...cough).

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Al Michaels has gone downhill as a broadcaster imo.

I was saying this in the gameday forum. He acts like he's bigger than the game. After Sherman recovered Edelmans fumble, Michaels showed no emotion.

He used to do an awesome job of setting up the play for his color man. Lately, he's become full of himself, not letting the entirety of the moment sink in before opening that hole in his face, ruining the moment

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
The clip they showed on NFL Live less than an hour ago, had both of the commentators saying "he grabbed the arm", something close too "he grabbed his arm, with both hands" "that's PI",They harped on it for a few seconds.

It's possible that it was audio from one of the radio broadcasts.
I don't recall hearing it during the game but it was obvious during the clip I just saw.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
It had to be a New England based call or something because surprisingly Collinsworth and Michaels both seemed on the same page regarding the refs making the rights calls "all game" and that includes the final non call

kidhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":2a447f58 said:
The clip they showed on NFL Live less than an hour ago, had both of the commentators saying "he grabbed the arm", something close too "he grabbed his arm, with both hands" "that's PI",They harped on it for a few seconds.

It's possible that it was audio from one of the radio broadcasts.
I don't recall hearing it during the game but it was obvious during the clip I just saw.

I didn't see the replay you're talking about, but I've noticed that I often see clips on NFL network or NFL.com where they use one of the team's radio broadcasters announcers. I assume they do so for dramatic effect. Chris Collinsworth thought it was a good no call as far as I recall when watching it live

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
kidhawk":3cj3e834 said:
I didn't see the replay you're talking about, but I've noticed that I often see clips on NFL network or NFL.com where they use one of the team's radio broadcasters announcers. I assume they do so for dramatic effect. Chris Collinsworth thought it was a good no call as far as I recall when watching it live

Yea Dude, I've gone back and looked at the last bit on the DVR, it wasn't the TV duo.
The clip used that I'm speaking of, must have been a radio spot or something.
I'm thinking they used it for "over reaction Monday".
I just didn't figure it out before I made this post.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
No call. Both players were hand fighting and making a lot of contact. On those type of plays (where both players are initiating contact), I hate it when the ref calls it on one but not the other. I would like to see the NFL use this no call approach more.

byau

Reaction score
They were pretty fair all around I thought. Same with officiating. I like after the Sherman face-mask call the two gave Sherm benefit of the doubt and said something like "Sherman is saying he grabbed the shoulder. Looked pretty bad,but as we've seen this week Sherman is right a lot of the time" and then after the replay "Wow, I think he's right" "I think he is too!" and then they both laughed about it

I thought it was pretty enjoyable.

nanomoz

Reaction score
If that is DPI, you're basically telling defenders they can't stand their ground--have to get out of the way of receivers--and that they don't have the right to keeps hands opposing receivers hands off of their core. Skip Bayless can loofah my mancheese.

Msfann

Reaction score
Bayless seriously looked like he was going to cry when talking about the play. Everyone around him were looking at him like he was crazy.

Also watching Brady complain about the play was awesome too.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Remember the NE announcer in 2012? Zolak? Can't find the audio now, but they were ripping Russell Wilson. WIlson is the worst quarterback in the league. blah blah blah.

New England guys are the worst. Heinsohn is the worst on basketball side too.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I like Collinsworth, but Michaels is just milk toast to me...........any personality or edge he may have had 15 years ago has been softened by age.

NBC needs to do what MNF did, get a more engaging play by play person. McDonough is way better than Tirico ever was.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
The defender has a right to jam the rec in the first 5 yds, right?

And so even if Kam had initiated the contact (which he did not, but seemingly took excellent advantage of the contact anyway) then why would Kam have been at fault? Different in the EZ or something?