Pete Carroll says Patriot Fans Aren't All That

OP
OP
rigelian

rigelian

Reaction score
Smellyman":1ai58qgi said:
That stadium seemed awfully quiet, all game.
Pete definitely said it was quiet. Says that they may be too used to winning. I have a feeling this won't sit well with Patriot Fans.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

pmedic920

Reaction score
I made a thread on it in GameDay.

Seemed the only time they cheered, was when something good happened.

They were even fairly quiet when we had the ball.
Guess they're too good/ sophisticated to make noise.

All I know is, they better not expect that in our house.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'm not ragging on fans that constantly brave sub zero temperatures to support their team.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sounded like a funeral home all game. And I thought St. Louis fans were bad. Are they just so apathetic now because their team wins 98% of the time, year-after-year?

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Hanzus is a complete piece of crap. He trimmed the full story down and pulled his choice clickbate material out to give it the twist he wanted. The full story is here:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...dles-patriots-fans-they-werent-nuts/93802044/

This shows the full narrative. I didn't get the feeling that Hanzus is dishing out when I read the USA Today article. It seems to be more of a jab at the fact that the Pats have created a callous fanbase from winning so many games.

pmedic920

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2hmgm9yo said:
I'm not ragging on fans that constantly brave sub zero temperatures to support their team.

I wonder how many of their games are actually played in "sub zero" temps.

Not asking you rag on anybody but 40 degrees in a down pour ain't no picnic.

Cheers.

kmeleon

Reaction score
rigelian":1k3k6mlf said:
Pete apparently said Patriot Fans are not very intimidating. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... reat-place

Pete is 100%, absolutely, positively correct. I was there Sunday night, it was kind of pathetic really. I'm an East Coaster but I've been out to Seattle a few times since they moved into the CLink. There is NO COMPARISON. So on big plays they'd have a former player popping up on the corner of the jumbotrons telling people to make noise, get loud, etc. It was embarrassing really. And a fake sound level meter that started at 100 and kept climbing up...dumb. You can tell the people are just used to winning and they don't seem to know how much of a difference they could really make. Never even came close to making my ears hurt. My ears ring after I've been at the Clink.

Good turn out for Hawk fans too. Its funny when you are at an away game and all Hawk fans seem to go out of their way to tap a guy/girl on the arm, just say "Go Hawks", whatever. I did get called a "12th girl" by a pussy fan once he was a few feet past me in the bathroom but I just giggled :rumble: . Oh, and if you guys saw the guys with the 3 signs about "Do you remember 2nd and Goal from the 1???" on the NBC broadcast before the game started ....they were yelling up to me in the 200 section holding that sign taunting me with my Wolf Gray Lynch jersey on screaming " HEY 2..4, HEY 2..4" before the game. I gave them props, I did laugh (and maybe cried a little inside under my smile :pukeface: )

As we were leaving the stadium some girl came up to me and my wife screaming and crying how she just met Pete Carroll and was talking to him by the buses as they were heading out. Pretty cool stuff :2thumbs:

I was so proud to be there Sunday night and witness that performance. Amazing effort put in by our boys, they were 100% zoned in and quite honestly....THEY'RE BACK! GET READY FOR A BIG RUN!

253hawk

Reaction score
They saved all of their noise for after the game:

(foul language, of course)

edit: Whoops, didn't know it was already in the shack.

Edited by staff.
Language not appropriate for main page.
Please see it in the Shack.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
253hawk said:

Hahahaha...priceless. I don't think they win the AFC. Too many flaws.
This game wouldn't have been close had it not been for the refs.

Steve2222

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3rs7eii3 said:
253hawk":3rs7eii3 said:

What're you talking about? The refs called a very fair game.

The game wouldn't have been close if we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot a few times. However, the Pats could say the same thing.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Steve2222":vhr1q000 said:
WmHBonney":vhr1q000 said:
253hawk":vhr1q000 said:

What're you talking about? The refs called a very fair game.

The game wouldn't have been close if we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot a few times. However, the Pats could say the same thing.

1. BS facemask call on Sherm that extended a drive which ended in a Pats TD
2. BS roughing call on Kam " " " " " " " " " "
3. The 'no TD" call on the Prosise TD.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
pmedic920":1763pz11 said:
brimsalabim":1763pz11 said:

I wonder how many of their games are actually played in "sub zero" temps.

Not asking you rag on anybody but 40 degrees in a down pour ain't no picnic.

Cheers.
Good point.

drdiags

Reaction score
I can guess why Salk went there with that lame question but I wish Pete would have let it slide. I'm sure Pete was a tad POd with the ribbing the fans were giving him about XLIX.

CHawk

Reaction score
kmeleon":2l5y70ad said:
rigelian":2l5y70ad said:
Pete apparently said Patriot Fans are not very intimidating. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... reat-place

Pete is 100%, absolutely, positively correct. I was there Sunday night, it was kind of pathetic really. I'm an East Coaster but I've been out to Seattle a few times since they moved into the CLink. There is NO COMPARISON. So on big plays they'd have a former player popping up on the corner of the jumbotrons telling people to make noise, get loud, etc. It was embarrassing really. And a fake sound level meter that started at 100 and kept climbing up...dumb. You can tell the people are just used to winning and they don't seem to know how much of a difference they could really make. Never even came close to making my ears hurt. My ears ring after I've been at the Clink.

Good turn out for Hawk fans too. Its funny when you are at an away game and all Hawk fans seem to go out of their way to tap a guy/girl on the arm, just say "Go Hawks", whatever. I did get called a "12th girl" by a pussy fan once he was a few feet past me in the bathroom but I just giggled :rumble: . Oh, and if you guys saw the guys with the 3 signs about "Do you remember 2nd and Goal from the 1???" on the NBC broadcast before the game started ....they were yelling up to me in the 200 section holding that sign taunting me with my Wolf Gray Lynch jersey on screaming " HEY 2..4, HEY 2..4" before the game. I gave them props, I did laugh (and maybe cried a little inside under my smile :pukeface: )

As we were leaving the stadium some girl came up to me and my wife screaming and crying how she just met Pete Carroll and was talking to him by the buses as they were heading out. Pretty cool stuff :2thumbs:

I was so proud to be there Sunday night and witness that performance. Amazing effort put in by our boys, they were 100% zoned in and quite honestly....THEY'RE BACK! GET READY FOR A BIG RUN!
You are spot on, I too was thinking I was at a tennis match. The really only annoying thing they did was stand every 3rd down. Pats fans around me were cool and I was in the 200 level as well.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BuffaloFan

Reaction score
Hey just wanted to stop back in and congratulate you on a big win and thanking for beating up on the Patriots.... The Bills have no chance at getting to the Super Bowl, but if they did they must go through Foxborough... Good Luck the rest of the way. Hope to play you again this season. :snack: