Offense playing better with Tukuafu back

seabowl

Reaction score
Have to say that every time I see Tukuafu in there I as a fan feel a little more at ease knowing we will block someone correctly and have a chance at a successful play. I don't think it's a coincidence that the O is finding its stride with him back. Like having a 6th lineman out there and we need it.

Love me some Tuku!!!!!!

Laloosh

Reaction score
I think Tukuafu provides a nice push when we're not facing a very good defensive front. He's just a body if our guys are getting pushed into the backfield.

Hard to take a lot away from this game with regard to the OL and the run game imo. That's just not a very good defensive front. I'm very glad to see that we weren't pushed around by them but they really aren't the type of front that gives us trouble (see XLIX, Russ had all day in that game).

Smellyman

Reaction score
yeah, he only played 10 snaps. would have to go back and see if it was actually better. Have no idea.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
No, the offense is playing better cause we played against a weak ass Patriot defense and Russell is feeling a lot better.

sc85sis

Reaction score
CJ seems like he's a more patient runner than C-Mike. He isn't afraid to wait for the blocking to develop and then zip through.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
CJ also keeps his shoulders square to the line so he can make a cut either way or burrow in if there's nothing to gain. Michael spins at the line, turning his back to the play and losing both momentum and leverage, not to mention vision. It's a small thing but it's the difference between no gain and a 2-yard gain, which adds up.