FO: Seattle best in NFL at allowing explosive plays

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
jdemps":3h34a2ny said:
I think you mean preventing explosive plays.

Actually, that's how national writers say it. It threw me too at first, but saying "worst at allowing explosive plays" wouldn't be any clearer.

Laloosh

Reaction score
^^ I think he meant something like, "best at preventing explosive plays" rather than "allowing".

Jville

Reaction score
Thanks to the OP for posting the OF link on explosive plays. Good Read :2thumbs:

The title complies with the confusion of our time. It is so contemporary It reflects the tyranny of texting and twitter. Words cost ........ so the the word "fewest" is left out.

Now days It is all on the reader to translate "best in NFL at allowing explosive plays" ........ into ....... best in NFL at allowing "fewest" explosive plays ..... when it comes to defensive rankings.

The presumption is that the reader possess the prerequisite knowledge that less is better for many defensive statistics.

It's the new world order ....... the degeneration and collapse of language.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
That's both a strength and weakness this season and in years past.

Ever since '14 SD game, most teams been following that dink and dunk blueprint. Play it safe, protect the ball, control the clock football that doesn't put a premium on scoring points but definately fatigues the strength of the team... the defense.

And we've seen when the Seahawks offense cant win time of possession...or when the defensive depth run thin...we've seen the Defense out of sorts more than on one occasion.

It's awesome that we have great players on D but at the same time, teams know not to force their hand and give the Defensive players the chance to make plays. Which is why we've seen D forced TO drop drarastically since 2013.

However, I will say this D is best in the NFL... they struggle to get off the field at times but half time it seems like they called for some ticky tack penalty when they make a stop. And that proves how tough and good they really are to always be a top scoring D. They have resiliency and know how to buckle down when the game is on the line... more often than not.

If the Seahawks Offense can get any semblance of a dependable running game perhaps helped with an emerging Prosise and a healthy Rawls plus not fully relying on the ZBS (I think Ray Roberts noted that they played some power schemes vs NE). Pair a revitalized running game with thier explosive offensive capabilities in the passing game which seems like being a clutch Kearse and a more accurate Wilson at times away from being unstoppable.

Partner that offense with a fully healthy Defense (the return of Bennett), that can stay fresh on the field throughout the game buoyed through a ball control offense and perhaps allowed to play their game more without ticky tack officiating rewarding offenses with free first downs they didnt earn.

This team has the talent to beat anyone, anywhere and will have any easy path to Houston looking like the most experienced contender at the top of the NFC. PLUS, a favorable schedule where they can continue to iron out thier deficiencies before the Play-Offs and just really catch fire to whom they are and have been the last 5 years. With the potential to be better than they ever have been.