What to expect from Rawls upon his return?

Boycie

Reaction score
With Rawls being good to go, what does everyone think he will be able to do?

Will he pick up from where he left off from last year, or will he be more of what we saw earlier this year before he got injured again?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
At this point, I'm just hoping he gets in his 3-4 series against the Eagles without any setbacks..........then he can build some endurance and confidence going forward.

Can we go to the SB without Rawls? Sure, but holy moly a 100% Rawls running like he did last year before he was hurt? Watch the hell out.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I'm expecting more of what we saw earlier in the year. I'm trying not to get my hopes up for some drastic change in the success of the running game.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Don't expect a lot right away. They will bring him along slowly, to prevent injury.

I expect about 10 plays the first game out, with about half being good runs, half being meh runs.

Largent80

Reaction score
The best thing to expect is him getting his football sense back. Pete said yesterday he's running very well, so it is just a matter of him getting used to the blocking and cutting etc.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3s9g6a6n said:
At this point, I'm just hoping he gets in his 3-4 series against the Eagles without any setbacks..........then he can build some endurance and confidence going forward.

Can we go to the SB without Rawls? Sure, but holy moly a 100% Rawls running like he did last year before he was hurt? Watch the hell out.

+1

Jville

Reaction score
Rawls will work his way into a different offense with a different blocking mix and chemistry.

I assume they will have a running snap count for him. Although, he does bring fresh legs to the field of play.

chris98251

Reaction score
Largent80":161upp32 said:
The best thing to expect is him getting his football sense back. Pete said yesterday he's running very well, so it is just a matter of him getting used to the blocking and cutting etc.

Game speed and vision take a game or so to get back, why pre season is a good thing in some aspects with just the two games, players play more real time speed then half heartedly run thru stuff.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
The main difference we will see is if he does break through to the second level, he won't go down like cmike has been doing. Rawls has better balance and vision and has the ability to break tackles. Cmike has a spin move here and there, but never was able to break out and make a big run. I think rawls gets one or 2 runs for great yardage in his first game back. It will take some time for hime to settle into being patient for the holes to open, but once he does, we will see some significant yardage gains.

The only thing I worry about is his longevity. He has had 2 pretty devastating injuries with broken bones in less than a year of gametime. Hopefully this is an anomoly and not the norm.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":uetkgpvt said:
I'm expecting more of what we saw earlier in the year. I'm trying not to get my hopes up for some drastic change in the success of the running game.

This is what I'm thinking as well.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'm in agreement with most here. I see him getting a handful of touches, but look for Prosise to get the bulk of the work this week. The more Rawls has success, the more they'll work him in as the games and weeks progress.

rcaido

Reaction score
Rawls will get 1/4 snaps against the Eagles, if Prosise has another big game, then i see 50/50 shared the following week. If Prosise struggles then Rawls will be the main goto back & Prosise will be 3rd down back from now on.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Am sure they will 'ease' Rawls back in but the sooner he gets back into playing condition the better. CJ is too good in a more finesse role than as a back-breaking, gut-it-out rock-pounder, no reason to put him in that position and risk injury.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
It's week 11. There is no "easing". He's ready to play or he's not.

I expect him to come in and play a lot, play well, with a good mix of prosise.

Personally I wanna see what defenses do when we have 21 personnel out there once Rawls is back in and hopefully playing well. Rawls, Prosise, Jimmy, Dough, Tyler. Is it a pass? Is it a run? Who's got Wilson if he rolls out? WHATS HAPPENING?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I expect to see Rawls in 50% of the offensive snaps against Philly.

Hopefully he doesn't rush back like he did against Los Angeles

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
No idea. I am praying he's not the dreaded "IP" (Injury Prone).

Time will soon tell. Big Bawls Rawls, let's GOOOOO!!!!!

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
What to expect? Pain for the opponents trying to tackle a mean, relentless rock of fury. Rawls is back!

MrThortan

Reaction score
Would love to see Rawls eventually come back to the form he had last year, but will probably take a few games to get there. No more injuries please. I expect Prosise to get the bulk of the carries for a game or two